2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Georgia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed them about the in-person TISSUE program and it's only being held at the PCOM-PA campus. I'm not sure about the online program though.

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed them about the in-person TISSUE program and it's only being held at the PCOM-PA campus. I'm not sure about the online program though.

are georgia students allowed to attend at PCOM PA? i have family in the area

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone seen any waitlist movement since the deposits have been due? I think in past years it took about a week for people to get notifications on their portal, so I thought they might update today.

Yes, I got accepted recently after being waitlisted in Feb. I will be withdrawing my acceptance since I am leaning towards another offer. but it kinda sucks because I like this school a lot and I could see myself matriculating here. Anyway, there should be more movement after April 30th. Good luck to everyone who’s on the waitlist. I hope you get the spot and become an awesome doctor :)

has anyone seen any waitlist movement since the deposits have been due? I think in past years it took about a week for people to get notifications on their portal, so I thought they might update today.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I got accepted recently after being waitlisted in Feb. I will be withdrawing my acceptance since I am leaning towards another offer. but it kinda sucks because I like this school a lot and I could see myself matriculating here. Anyway, there should be more movement after April 30th. Good luck to everyone who’s on the waitlist. I hope you get the spot and become an awesome doctor :)

Thanks! Do you remember when you saw the portal change?

Was accepted off of the waitlist recently (not sure exactly when but saw the letter in the mail when I returned from out of the country!)

Reactions: 1 users

I interviewed March 9th and was wait listed March 23rd. I believe I saw my portal change last Thursday, April 19. I emailed them and they said a letter was on the way, but also attached a PDF of my acceptance letter with a deposit deadline of May 1st.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed March 9th and was wait listed March 23rd. I believe I saw my portal change last Thursday, April 19. I emailed them and they said a letter was on the way, but also attached a PDF of my acceptance letter with a deposit deadline of May 1st.

Congratz on the acceptance

For current/previous students, any thoughts on the TISSUE program and is it worth doing?
I am also very interested in any and all information. Specific to the online version if possible!

This is the first year they are offering this service. I'm not even sure if the Georgia campus is offering this option honestly.

Personally, I felt like there is no real prep for medical school. You should just focus on putting yourself in the best position to focus on school and school only.

Reactions: 7 users
Do you mind sharing your stats? btw congrats on your acceptance to GA-PCOM!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing your stats? btw congrats on your acceptance to GA-PCOM!

~3.3 sGPA, 507 MCAT, gGPA 3.75 (only one semester so far in my master's), had a lot of leadership experiences with student organizations but other than that just average ECs. Thank you!

Great score wish I had that. Such an awful test especially the CARS section.

For those who saw the portal change, what exactly did that look like? Are you talking about the application summary page?

Was accepted to my top MD school so withdrawing my acceptance here. Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Was accepted to my top MD school so withdrawing my acceptance here. Good luck!
This reminded me that I forgot to post the same about myself, except that I'm waitlisted at PCOM. Best wishes to everyone still waiting :)

Reactions: 4 users
Saw the portal change today! So excited! I am going to be a doctor! Excited to meet all of my classmates!

Reactions: 11 users
Hi all!
I got accepted into PCOM-GA as well and will be looking at 2 bedroom apartments next week! I'm looking for a female roommate so if interested please pm me :)!

Hi all!
I got accepted into PCOM-GA as well and will be looking at 2 bedroom apartments next week! I'm looking for a female roommate so if interested please pm me :)!
Congratulations! When did you interview? Do you mind sharing your stats?

Looking for a male roommate! I am an incoming Male student hoping to get a 2 bedroom near the school. Please PM me if interested.

So I did the MHQ and my financial aid checklist is complete, but I’m still worried that I’m forgetting something. Is there any other paperwork that I need to fill out?

Looking for a male roommate! I am an incoming Male student hoping to get a 2 bedroom near the school. Please PM me if interested.

dude are you on the facebook group? i’ve seen a few posts already regarding roommates, might have better luck there

So I did the MHQ and my financial aid checklist is complete, but I’m still worried that I’m forgetting something. Is there any other paperwork that I need to fill out?

We still have to do the background check. Should get instructions for that this month.

Is the grading policy for this school Pass/fail or ABCDF? I am looking online on the pcom website and it says pcom uses a 0-100 numerical scale.

Is the grading policy for this school Pass/fail or ABCDF? I am looking online on the pcom website and it says pcom uses a 0-100 numerical scale.

Its 0-100. 70 is a passing grade in the class. So I guess its more of a ABCF scale.

Does anyone know when orientation week is for 2018 fall? I’m not sure if anyone already posted it but I couldn’t find an exact date anywhere.

Does anyone know when orientation week is for 2018 fall? I’m not sure if anyone already posted it but I couldn’t find an exact date anywhere.
Orientation is the week of August 6th. There's a schedule for it on myPCOM under the 'getting started' tab.

This might change for your class, fyi.

And before you get excited, it probably won't be P/F, but some form of letter grades instead of straight 0-100 point system... and it could stay the same as it is now as well.

When people are talking about the “portal change,” what does that mean exactly? I’m wondering because I just logged in to PCOM Banner Web Services, and a $1750 deposit appeared on my account... and I’m low key freaking out. LOL. What does this mean? I’m shaking.

Reactions: 2 users
When people are talking about the “portal change,” what does that mean exactly? I’m wondering because I just logged in to PCOM Banner Web Services, and a $1750 deposit appeared on my account... and I’m low key freaking out. LOL. What does this mean? I’m shaking.

Welcome aboard. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Stop it. Are you serious...? How will I know officially? LOL. Are you serious??

They’ll send you a letter in the mail. But I got the same portal change before my letter came in. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, friends! I’m still reeling!

I just saw it too! I don't see a link, the only difference is that under required items there is a new box with the deposit. Was I supposed to have a link to pay it as well?

Wow, so when I try to log into the portal, I get this... "You are not authorized to use the Web Information Systems. Please contact the Student Records Office for more information."

What :shrug::laugh::laugh:

Wow, so when I try to log into the portal, I get this... "You are not authorized to use the Web Information Systems. Please contact the Student Records Office for more information."

What :shrug::laugh::laugh:
I can't remember if that's the exact message I got a while back, but I got something along those lines that freaked me out. It resolved once I completely closed all of my web browsers and started fresh. I think it might have had something to do with being logged in on another tab despite not actually having the portal open on that tab anymore, if that makes any sense at all lol. Like, I had switched to a different website on that tab but never logged out of the portal. So maybe try that or restarting your computer?

Congrats to all recent acceptees! I will be freeing up another seat here. It was an incredibly difficult decision, and given my family's current financial situation, I'm REALLY going to miss that $1750. However, there are just several factors that make the other program where I honestly didn't think I stood a chance at acceptance a better fit for my learning style and personality. Best wishes to everyone, and I look forward to being colleagues!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to all recent acceptees! I will be freeing up another seat here. It was an incredibly difficult decision, and given my family's current financial situation, I'm REALLY going to miss that $1750. However, there are just several factors that make the other program where I honestly didn't think I stood a chance at acceptance a better fit for my learning style and personality. Best wishes to everyone, and I look forward to being colleagues!

I actually saw your post in the MD/DO student forums about the decision you had to make. Unbelievably tough choice.

But anyway, congrats and good luck! :)

I actually saw your post in the MD/DO student forums about the decision you had to make. Unbelievably tough choice.

But anyway, congrats and good luck! :)
No kidding haha. It's not even an MD vs. DO thing for me, really. It's more about how differently the two programs are structured. Hopefully the scholarship makes someone else's day! Thank you!!