2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Georgia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What time did you guys who interviewed leave? Was it actually 4 hours like they said in the email (so 10-2ish)?
I ended up leaving at 3:00 PM. It may last until 4:00 PM at the latest because there were still a few people waiting to be interviewed when I finished.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Haven’t heard anything about II yet... Secondary was complete 10/2. After seeing all these acceptances I’m starting to worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah okay, thanks guys! Hoping I get out sooner rather than later....I have to be back at the airport by 6:30, but I wanted to explore a little and was counting on it being over by 2 since that's what their email said.

What time did you guys who interviewed leave? Was it actually 4 hours like they said in the email (so 10-2ish)?

It depends on when your interview is scheduled. I left at 3:30pm, but my interview was the last one of the day.

I interviewed second to last in my group and I finished at 3! There were still a few people left to be interviewed by the time I got out too

Is anyone interviewing on the 3rd that would want to split an Uber?

Last edited:
Any of you guys in the good position to have to choose between schools? I'm choosing between here and CUSOM at the moment. I loved CUSOM's atmosphere, but PCOM-GA has better location and no mandatory attendance. What would you guys do?

Any of you guys in the good position to have to choose between schools? I'm choosing between here and CUSOM at the moment. I loved CUSOM's atmosphere, but PCOM-GA has better location and no mandatory attendance. What would you guys do?
Right now I’m choosing between PCOM-GA and other schools. For me, match rates, COMLEX data, and cost are the most important factors. Everyone has different priorities though.

Can someone please help me. I got no letter in the mail but my portal did change showing I can submit a 250 dollar deposit. Does this mean I'm accepted?

The issue is I recently moved and my mail may be lost in time and space...

Can someone please help me. I got no letter in the mail but my portal did change showing I can submit a 250 dollar deposit. Does this mean I'm accepted?

I believe this is a good sign! You may want to call them to confirm and explain your moving situation

I got accepted to RVU-CO before I interviewed here but decided to check it out anyways.

Like the location, but other than that RVU trumps in most other respects. Did not particularly like the facilities..they're not the biggest and are shared by other medical programs. Also, the interview day didn't wow me. There wasn't anything superbly negative that stuck out to me, but nothing impressed me either. They barely spoke to us about curriculum, clinical rotations, etc. In fact, the only thing we heard about clinicals was when the dean of that department came in during lunch and said "fyi, don't expect to stay in this area for rotations. we can't put 300 students in this area".

I don't know much about CUSOM, but mandatory attendance is a big no-no for me. I would heavily consider that, along with board scores/curriculum/matches and location.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Can anyone provide some insight on the interview ? How to prepare? What to expect? Etc? I was originally invited to interview 10/27 but had to reschedule for 11/3 (this Friday) and I’m just wondering what I should expect. They mention something in their email about being prepared to complete a 30 min writing assignment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! Can anyone provide some insight on the interview ? How to prepare? What to expect? Etc? I was originally invited to interview 10/27 but had to reschedule for 11/3 (this Friday) and I’m just wondering what I should expect. They mention something in their email about being prepared to complete a 30 min writing assignment?

The interview was fairly relaxed. Most were 1-1, although I believe a few interviewers had a student along with them. The 30 min assignment are open ended questions that the interviewers will then ask you about during the interview

I got accepted to RVU-CO before I interviewed here but decided to check it out anyways.

Like the location, but other than that RVU trumps in most other respects. Did not particularly like the facilities..they're not the biggest and are shared by other medical programs. Also, the interview day didn't wow me. There wasn't anything superbly negative that stuck out to me, but nothing impressed me either. They barely spoke to us about curriculum, clinical rotations, etc. In fact, the only thing we heard about clinicals was when the dean of that department came in during lunch and said "fyi, don't expect to stay in this area for rotations. we can't put 300 students in this area".

I don't know much about CUSOM, but mandatory attendance is a big no-no for me. I would heavily consider that, along with board scores/curriculum/matches and location.

Yeah the interview day was lackluster for sure. That aside, it seems to be a good program that prepares students to match into great residencies, all while having a chill environment during the stressful times of medical school.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! I was accepted to PCOM-GA last month, and I was wondering if any of you knew how long it takes for admissions to respond to emails. I sent one a couple of days ago, and I have yet to receive a reply. I just wanted to know if I'll be waiting for days or weeks. Thanks!

Sooo PCOM-GA doesn’t accept non-academic updates...ugh

II just now! Can't go to the interview date they assigned me to though. Hahaha.

When were you complete and stats? Thanks!
I submitted secondary on 7/11. They received my rec letters on 9/1, so I guess that's my complete date? OOS, Non-trad reapplicant. 3.6cGPA, 3.3sGPA, 510+ MCAT.

Just dropped my deposit to GA-PCOM! Excited to join you guys!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm counting the days until I step onto campus for my first day of medical school.

Just dropped my deposit to GA-PCOM! Excited to join you guys!

YEAHHHHH BUDDY!!!

Has anyone else interviewed on October 6th, and received nothing so far?

I interviewed Oct 6 and I’ve already heard back. It was in the mail, so maybe call and make sure nothing got lost?

Accepted!! Interviewed back in September- got the snail mail today!!

I interviewed in September and just got my acceptance letter today- so don't worry!! A lot of people on here had heard back before me, but it ended up working out, so just trust the process and wait (I know waiting is the worst part of all this, but stay strong and hang in there!!)

Also accepted yesterday after interviewing mid-September!

Hey guys, I was wondering if any current students or interviewees would be willing to share their experiences/thoughts on the school? Interviewing here this Friday and was curious what to expect. Feel free to PM if it's easier. Thanks!

Does anyone know if it is possible to receive interview invites from both the Georgia and Philly campuses? Once you're accepted to one, are you still in consideration for the other?

Does PCOM sent a complete email?

Does anyone know if it is possible to receive interview invites from both the Georgia and Philly campuses? Once you're accepted to one, are you still in consideration for the other?

I believe you can get an interview at both and get accepted into both.

Accepted!!! Interview was October 27th

Accepted!!! Interview was October 27th

GBO ;)

Hey guys, I was wondering if any current students or interviewees would be willing to share their experiences/thoughts on the school? Interviewing here this Friday and was curious what to expect. Feel free to PM if it's easier. Thanks!

Location is fantastic. Campus is small. From my interview day experience everyone was very mature and up-front about everything. I was impressed by the students and by the instructors/interviewers that I met with that day.

Does PCOM sent a complete email?
They do not, but you can tell if you are complete based on the applicant portal. If you have a date next to each thing in the table towards the bottom of the page, you are complete.

They do not, but you can tell if you are complete based on the applicant portal. If you have a date next to each thing in the table towards the bottom of the page, you are complete.

Thanks

PCOM-GA was my first II, my first interview, and my first acceptance. Since then, I've had 5 other interviews (and other acceptances), and yes, PCOM-GA's interview was definitely on the more chill/lackluster side, I remember leaving that interview thinking "I could totally go here." In my other interviews, I had 3-on-1, MMI, 2-on-1, closed file, open file, I even had an interviewer absolutely grill/destroy me which totally turned me off to the program. But I have to say my PCOM-GA interviewer was my favorite so far- super professional, friendly, with great questions. And despite feeling impressed at some other interviews, I left those programs thinking "Hell to the no." PCOM-GA seems to have a close knit, supportive family vibe with a great location (but lackluster facilities).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
PCOM-GA was my first II, my first interview, and my first acceptance. Since then, I've had 5 other interviews (and other acceptances), and yes, PCOM-GA's interview was definitely on the more chill/lackluster side, I remember leaving that interview thinking "I could totally go here." In my other interviews, I had 3-on-1, MMI, 2-on-1, closed file, open file, I even had an interviewer absolutely grill/destroy me which totally turned me off to the program. But I have to say my PCOM-GA interviewer was my favorite so far- super professional, friendly, with great questions. And despite feeling impressed at some other interviews, I left those programs thinking "Hell to the no." PCOM-GA seems to have a close knit, supportive family vibe with a great location (but lackluster facilities).
Lol I had the exact opposite experience. I’ve been on 4 interviews and PCOM-GA was the most challenging for me. I’m a Reapplicant, and they asked me a lot of questions about “what happened” last cycle. I was SO nervous! But I ended up getting accepted so I guess I said the right things!

Do you have any other interviews coming up? So are you for sure going to PCOM-GA? Why did you ultimately end up choosing PCOM-GA?

I've been to 6 DO interviews with all acceptances, and I declined one DO interview (already accepted at a program I liked more).

I am for sure going to PCOM-GA if no MD programs accept me. I applied to all 7 Florida MD programs and 2 OOS MD programs. I would choose them over PCOM-GA because they are all cheaper, and the MD doesn't hurt.

That being said, I'm ecstatic about PCOM-GA and can't wait to attend!

I fell in love with the area, the relaxed atmosphere of the school/students, and it's reputation for putting docs into solid Southeast residencies

Reactions: 1 users
I've been to 6 DO interviews with all acceptances, and I declined one DO interview (already accepted at a program I liked more).

I am for sure going to PCOM-GA if no MD programs accept me. I applied to all 7 Florida MD programs and 2 OOS MD programs. I would choose them over PCOM-GA because they are all cheaper, and the MD doesn't hurt.

That being said, I'm ecstatic about PCOM-GA and can't wait to attend!

I fell in love with the area, the relaxed atmosphere of the school/students, and it's reputation for putting docs into solid Southeast residencies
Teach me your interviewing skills lol.

Can any current students please fill us in on how clinical rotations work? We were given a ~3 minute speech by the "Dean of Clinical Rotations" (paraphrased) about how it will work. I remember hearing that there are 13 "sites", it is strictly a lottery-based system, and that they don't take personal considerations into account.

Any info?
I like to know the answer to ur question too. If anyone here knows and can answer that would be great.

Hey guys sorry about being MIA! Whoever interviewed this morning, you guys looked great!

If you were wondering why everybody was hooting and hollering around noon is because we finished our last day of the term

PCOM-GA seems to have a close knit, supportive family vibe with a great location (but lackluster facilities).

Facilities are below average (gym specifically) but one underrated aspect of our school is the study rooms. Other than hell week there is always atleast one room open which is great if you are a visual learner like me and need to write on a white board.

Lol I had the exact opposite experience. I’ve been on 4 interviews and PCOM-GA was the most challenging for me. I’m a Reapplicant, and they asked me a lot of questions about “what happened” last cycle. I was SO nervous! But I ended up getting accepted so I guess I said the right things!

Most of the interviewers (most are pre-clinical profs) are pretty chill about interviews but there is one who will bust your balls just to do it. I wouldn't look too far into it and I'm sure your interview went well.

I like to know the answer to ur question too. If anyone here knows and can answer that would be great.
Only second years(around december) will know the specifics about rotation sites. PM me around that time and I could give you a better idea.

GA-PCOM likes to keep it secret for some reason but there has never been a lack of rotation sites. Administration is very careful about doing anything and hates making revisions so they like to wait until the last second.

Hey guys, could someone send me the email for sending thank you notes? and if someone remembers the names of all the interviewers please let me know! I wrote down my interviewers name but left it at home, I wanted to send the email now while I was at work. Thanks!

I just received a holiday card from PCOM that says "Thanksgiving Greetings" so that's really nice of them (already accepted)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I just received a holiday card from PCOM that says "Seasons Greetings" so that's really nice of them (already accepted)

I got a thanksgiving card from them too (already accepted), was pretty neat :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long after we submit the $250 and Technical Standards, we will receive the background check and immunizations information?

What does it mean if my portal now has a link to pay my $250 deposit ?? I interviewed 11/3 but haven’t received an official letter yet and I’m super anxious about when I’ll know my decision ...

What does it mean if my portal now has a link to pay my $250 deposit ?? I interviewed 11/3 but haven’t received an official letter yet and I’m super anxious about when I’ll know my decision ...

More than likely accepted. I interviewed 10/27 and have the same thing.