2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Georgia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else from the 9/15 interview date not heard back yet? They told us we would receive our decision within 2-3 weeks, but it's a bit past that now. I might call to see if they sent out my decision, I'd hate for it to have been lost in the mail.
Yes, I am in a similar position. Interviewed in September 3+ weeks ago, but unfortunately I have not received a decision in the mail.

Members don't see this ad.

Portal has updated, no deposit button, but scroll down and there is a field for the first deposit requirement to be submitted by December 14th

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Portal has updated, no deposit button, but scroll down and there is a field for the first deposit requirement to be submitted by December 14th
I have that showing up too in my portal. However, I just interviewed last Friday. Does that mean I've been accepted?

Last edited:
I have that showing up too in my portal. However, I just interviewed last Friday. Does that mean I've been accepted?

It has one column showing 'document,' $250 deposit, and $1500 deposit, and then another one showing 'received', Dec 14, 2017, and Apr 15, 2018. Is that what it says for you?
Sounds like good news!

Hopefully! It might just say that on everyone's portal though...
perhaps someone can verify - are there any interviewees who are not yet showing a deposit option in their portal? They seem to update segments of interview groups in waves.

Reactions: 1 user
perhaps someone can verify - are there any interviewees who are not yet showing a deposit option in their portal? They seem to update segments of interview groups in waves.

Both deposits have shown up on my summary, however, there is not a "make payment" option as of today. Interview 9/8

Reactions: 2 users
Any 10/6 interviewees have deposit information showing up on their portal?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all that have had II. Do they required lecture attendance?

Match List

Is it just me or is the Philadelphia match list way better than the Georgia match list?
Yea I noticed this but I think this is just because the Philly campus has a more established history. I was impressed by the Georgia Match list especially for it still being a relatively new school.

Yea I noticed this but I think this is just because the Philly campus has a more established history. I was impressed by the Georgia Match list especially for it still being a relatively new school.
So going to PCOM-GA opens many opportunities for match?

Does a rejection from PCOM-GA hurt someone's chances of getting an interview at PCOM up north? I'm sorry if that's a dumb question.

Does a rejection from PCOM-GA hurt someone's chances of getting an interview at PCOM up north? I'm sorry if that's a dumb question.
I would assume so considering PCOM itself has higher stats, unless you were rejected due to regional bias.

Got the acceptance package today! Interviewed 10/06

Reactions: 4 users
I think I've become a psychopath while waiting to hear back from programs :dead:

Accepted via snail mail today! Interviewed in September.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted via snail mail yesterday! Interviewed in October

Question for those accepted - in addition to the deposit amounts shown on your portal, does anyone see a button or link to actually pay the first deposit?

Question for those accepted - in addition to the deposit amounts shown on your portal, does anyone see a button or link to actually pay the first deposit?
I do not have the button to pay the desposit there

Been lurking on SDN for a few months but finally decided to make an account. Got my acceptance here via snail mail yesterday!! Interviewed 10/6

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed 10/6, Letter of Acceptance 10/16. My friend who interviewed with me got hers on 10/13. Congrats to all! Hope to see you in the fall :)

Reactions: 5 users
To those accepted, are you in state or out of state? I hear PCOM-GA primarily accepts in-state. I am from out of state personally, but am curious to hear where everyone else is from!

To those accepted, are you in state or out of state? I hear PCOM-GA primarily accepts in-state. I am from out of state personally, but am curious to hear where everyone else is from!

Not accepted, but I think it's a regional preference.

I'm in-state. Most of the applicants I talked to during my interview were OOS, from Florida.

Accepted. From East Tennessee.

FYI to those accepted,

The "Make Payment" option is up, I submitted my $250 deposit today (Interview 9/8)

Congrats to all recent acceptees and recent II!!!!

Haven't been on this thread recently due to white coat ceremony + hell week.

Facebook group?

Usually admissions/SGA/DO council will make an official Facebook group in January. They will invite you based on your email you have used to correspond with the school. Even if you have a different email linked to your Facebook account. You just need to invite yourself to the group and they will usually add you in a couple days.

Honestly right now I wouldn't worry as much about any of that. Just pay your $250 deposit and enjoy your year! Congrats again!

My class (2021) has a good mix of Florida, Ga, TX and Virginia residents with a good mix of northers, California and etc. I would honestly describe it as more of a regional bias.
No but the mothership is a lot harder to get into compared to our school. If GA-PCOM rejected you and you were from the SE I wouldn't think you have a good chance. If you are from the north I would think you have an OK chance if you have competitive stats.

First II! Submitted secondary just couple weeks ago and interview is this Friday. Crazy turnaround. Girlfriend got an interview too, same time!

First II! Submitted secondary just couple weeks ago and interview is this Friday. Crazy turnaround. Girlfriend got an interview too, same time!
That’s great. Good luck to both of you!

See you both there! Mine is the same day haha

Accepted today via snail mail as well!! GA resident, interviewed 10/6

Reactions: 7 users
I am so excited to meet everyone in this class!

Reactions: 3 users

I'm a UTK alum, interviewed here in september and loved it, then got accepted! Best of luck to you!

Anyone know about the $75 fee for processing Letters of recommendations/supporting documents? I used the fee waiver for my secondary, can I use that for this fee as well?

What time did you guys who interviewed leave? Was it actually 4 hours like they said in the email (so 10-2ish)?

What time did you guys who interviewed leave? Was it actually 4 hours like they said in the email (so 10-2ish)?
Yes. At the very end of the interview you’re put in a group of 4, and each of you go in one at a time and interview with the same person. I think the first person went in at 2pm, so you could be done sooner depending on the order they go in.