You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Rutgers University - NJMS
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Are you an ED applicant?Got it 🙂
Got mine too! I'm an ED applicant
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got it Friday! ED applicant as well
Any differences from last year's secondary?
I think they're the same!
Anyone receive an interview invite yet? Or has already interviewed? The website says interviews begin 7/5
I think they're the same!
Anyone receive an interview invite yet? Or has already interviewed? The website says interviews begin 7/5[/QUOTE
ED applicants started to receive an interview letter
nah i havent received any interview yet
which website says 7/5?
Under Important Dates on the NJMS Admissions page!
Have any non-ED applicants received the secondary yet? I'm in-state and still haven't received..
They will send them out after august 1stHave any non-ED applicants received the secondary yet? I'm in-state and still haven't received..
In state, non-ED, haven't received secondaryHave any non-ED applicants received the secondary yet? I'm in-state and still haven't received..
Any ED applicant receive an interview yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good Luck!Interviewed last week. I am an ED applicant.
Good luck, I hope you get in! Would you mind telling me when you submitted your secondary and how the interview went? What kind of questions did they ask, was it with Dr. Heinrich, etc.?Interviewed last week. I am an ED applicant.
Interview went pretty well. I got the nicest interviewer and the questions were standard. Each interviewer asks different questions. It's very low stress, and even the stressful interviewer is pretty clear that they are trying to poke at you. Just don't be a bad person and you should be fine. I submitted my secondary the day it opened on June 30. Dr. Heinrich only attends Tuesday interviews and was on vacation till the 17thGood luck, I hope you get in! Would you mind telling me when you submitted your secondary and how the interview went? What kind of questions did they ask, was it with Dr. Heinrich, etc.?
Recently interviewed. There was one harder interviewer and the others were nicer and low stress. The interviews are not with Dr. Heinrich. The type of questions depend on the interviewer. Mine were somewhat standard, but did ask about healthcare today.
Secondary finally received! (In state, non-ED.)
great!!Secondary finally received! (In state, non-ED.)
Secondary finally received! (In state, non-ED.)
+1, such weird timing.
Interview went pretty well. I got the nicest interviewer and the questions were standard. Each interviewer asks different questions. It's very low stress, and even the stressful interviewer is pretty clear that they are trying to poke at you. Just don't be a bad person and you should be fine. I submitted my secondary the day it opened on June 30. Dr. Heinrich only attends Tuesday interviews and was on vacation till the 17th
Recently interviewed. There was one harder interviewer and the others were nicer and low stress. The interviews are not with Dr. Heinrich. The type of questions depend on the interviewer. Mine were somewhat standard, but did ask about healthcare today.
Either of you hear back yet? I interviewed recently too!
Interview went pretty well. I got the nicest interviewer and the questions were standard. Each interviewer asks different questions. It's very low stress, and even the stressful interviewer is pretty clear that they are trying to poke at you. Just don't be a bad person and you should be fine. I submitted my secondary the day it opened on June 30. Dr. Heinrich only attends Tuesday interviews and was on vacation till the 17th
Recently interviewed. There was one harder interviewer and the others were nicer and low stress. The interviews are not with Dr. Heinrich. The type of questions depend on the interviewer. Mine were somewhat standard, but did ask about healthcare today.
Hey guys - thanks for the feedback. When you guys mention other interviewers is that based on feedback from other students or did you have multiple interviewers? I thought NJMS did a single one-on-one interview and am wondering if they've changed it this year.
Hey guys - thanks for the feedback. When you guys mention other interviewers is that based on feedback from other students or did you have multiple interviewers? I thought NJMS did a single one-on-one interview and am wondering if they've changed it this year.
Either of you hear back yet? I interviewed recently too!
I have not heard back yet. I expect to hear back next weekend. My feedback on interviewers is from other students and the opinion of Ms. Rivero. Interviews are one-on-one and generally low stress.
OOS secondary received! Does anyone know what they are looking for when they ask about planned activities for the next year? I'm out of school and I've been applying for jobs, but haven't hear back. Can I just say I plan to work in a medically related field, or are they looking for something else like volunteering and research?
D
deleted854547
IS received and submitted today! Y'all I accidentally click the wrong race/omitted one of my races in the self identification section in the secondary. No biggie right? I'm assuming they cross list the information from my primary, which has my accurate self-identification.
For their secondary essays (especially questions 8 & 9), are these optional? They seem to be asking for really similar information, and I'm not sure I need to complete them all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you planning on working only? Traveling? Studying for the mcat?OOS secondary received! Does anyone know what they are looking for when they ask about planned activities for the next year? I'm out of school and I've been applying for jobs, but haven't hear back. Can I just say I plan to work in a medically related field, or are they looking for something else like volunteering and research?
You can write something like:
-September 2017-January 2018: tutor service
-February 2018-April 2018: possible Med sch interviews
And so on....
They are two different things. In 8), if you feel like you got a bad grade in one of your courses and wants to discuss about it or if during your junior year your gpa went totally down this is were you can elaborate the reason behind that.For their secondary essays (especially questions 8 & 9), are these optional? They seem to be asking for really similar information, and I'm not sure I need to complete them all.
In 9), if you participated in one of their summer program and learned a lot you can talk about it.
If none of the above apply to you just write N/A
Still only 1 interview. If you applied regular decision then there is an optional student interview. No student interview for ED.Hey guys - thanks for the feedback. When you guys mention other interviewers is that based on feedback from other students or did you have multiple interviewers? I thought NJMS did a single one-on-one interview and am wondering if they've changed it this year.
It is a terrible idea to write N/A for anything other than the question that asks about not being a NJ resident. The committee interprets it as laziness/ will assume the worst.They are two different things. In 8), if you feel like you got a bad grade in one of your courses and wants to discuss about it or if during your junior year your gpa went totally down this is were you can elaborate the reason behind that.
In 9), if you participated in one of their summer program and learned a lot you can talk about it.
If none of the above apply to you just write N/A
It really won't hurt you to put N/A if the question does not pertain to you. However, it is best to answer as many questions as you can.It is a terrible idea to write N/A for anything other than the question that asks about not being a NJ resident. The committee interprets it as laziness/ will assume the worst.
Both questions are for students to share more about themselves and give the committee a better picture of who they are and why they are different from everyone else applying. I've heard Dr. Heinrich say multiple times that if they give you the space, you should write something and that they will assume the worst if you do not. If someone has a perfect application, then sure, skip the question about explaining a circumstance. But I don't know of anyone who falls in that category.It really won't hurt you to put N/A if the question does not pertain to you. However, it is best to answer as many questions as you can.
If you do your research on secondaries you'll see that most people highly recommend filling out anything that applies to you. I would strongly discourage skipping either of these questions. They give you a pretty generic category for Q.8, which seems to lend itself to the typical adversity essay in some form or another. Q.9 only mentions uniqueness and is totally open for whatever you might want to write. Make it count!For their secondary essays (especially questions 8 & 9), are these optional? They seem to be asking for really similar information, and I'm not sure I need to complete them all.
Yes. I have not, but someone in admissions mentioned that calls have gone out already.has anyone been accepted yet?
Congrats! When did you submit your application?II just now! very excited 🙂 IS, non-ED
Yes. I have not, but someone in admissions mentioned that calls have gone out already.
ah i havent either. i interviewed during the first week of July. They said 2-3 weeks so its about time. hoping for something soon. good luck!
Congrats! Do you mind if I ask your stats?II just now! very excited 🙂 IS, non-ED
Yes. I have not, but someone in admissions mentioned that calls have gone out already.
when did admissions say this? did you call them? Was thinking about following up.
is "why rutgers" appropriate for Q9?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup. I'm writing about what enriches my candidacy by talking about my interest in Rutgers.is "why rutgers" appropriate for Q9?
When was your primary verified? Congrats btw!II just now! very excited 🙂 IS, non-ED
When I was there for my interview. Apparently it takes a different amount of time depending on when your interviewer fills out the evaluation form. But they said between 7-14 days before we would hear. Maybe email Dr. Heinrich if it has been longer than 3 weeks.when did admissions say this? did you call them? Was thinking about following up.
When I was there for my interview. Apparently it takes a different amount of time depending on when your interviewer fills out the evaluation form. But they said between 7-14 days before we would hear. Maybe email Dr. Heinrich if it has been longer than 3 weeks.
Do you know if they have a deadline for when they have to submit their evaluations? I'm basically at 3 weeks post interview now.
No idea. Just email Dr. Heinrich. They understand that there is a time crunch with ED, so I don't think it can hurt you.Do you know if they have a deadline for when they have to submit their evaluations? I'm basically at 3 weeks post interview now.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 93K