You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Rutgers University - NJMS
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
First Interview Invite! Instate
First Interview Invite! Instate
Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those in states who just got invites, when were you complete?
LM 75Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats?
Complete 8/3for those in states who just got invites, when were you complete?
Is anyone interviewing Tuesday 9/12?
what were your stats??
LizzyM score: 64, URM, first generation African immigrant, ESL. My stats weren't the best, but I think my PS and ECs made an impact. MCAT and GPA aren't everything!what were your stats??
4 years of undergraduate research at my university and Harvard Medical School, publication in The American Journal of Human Genetics, various research conference awards, 100+ shadowing hours, volunteer/work experience with under-served communities. I'm currently working as a research technician and undergrad mentor.
For all who have received interview invites, how were you notified? Via email?
Yeah, via e-mail.
Hey everyone, I'm a long time lurker on SDN and finally decided to cave and make an account.
II here last week via email, OOS!
II here last week via email, OOS!
Congrats!!!! When were you complete and are you mstp? Also would you mind sharing your stats?Hey everyone, I'm a long time lurker on SDN and finally decided to cave and make an account.
II here last week via email, OOS!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!!! When were you complete and are you mstp? Also would you mind sharing your stats?
Thank you!!
I got the Secondary Confirmation email on 7/25 and nothing else after that until the interview invite! I'm NOT mtsp! LizzyM ~71!
Did anyone on here apply ED and get deferred or rejected?
Congrats!! Are you applying for the MD/PhD program or MD?II on 9/13. Secondary submitted 8/16. Lizzy M = 73
Any IIs recently? Complete around 7/25 and silence -__-
+1Any IIs recently? Complete around 7/25 and silence -__-
Any IIs recently? Complete around 7/25 and silence -__-
dont ask !!! the silence lessens my anxiety lol
yeah im super confused.
yeah but even IIs...what is going on
I have noticed a lull on a lot of different feedsyeah but even IIs...what is going on
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry for the super late response, but I was there on the 12th!Is anyone interviewing Tuesday 9/12?
Should September interviewees expect to hear about a decision on Monday?
Should September interviewees expect to hear about a decision on Monday?
The assistant dean told us that we should get our decisions between October 16th and October 31st when I interviewed mid sept. She said Dean Heinrich would start notifying accepted student starting Oct 16, so to answer your question, potentially.
O
ohopenyoureyes
Do you guys think a committee letter is definitely required? My adviser told me NJMS and RWJMS really desire applicants to have a letter. I was wondering if there are any applicants who have received an II or acceptance without a committee letter?
Interviewed here today. Was very relaxed and felt more like a conversation than an interview.
This was not a school I had very high on my list but now it has become quite high on my list. The atmosphere here is a lot better than I anticipated.
This was not a school I had very high on my list but now it has become quite high on my list. The atmosphere here is a lot better than I anticipated.
I got an II without a committee letter! OOS LM72Do you guys think a committee letter is definitely required? My adviser told me NJMS and RWJMS really desire applicants to have a letter. I was wondering if there are any applicants who have received an II or acceptance without a committee letter?
II today! lizzy M 77, IS
nice. stats / complete date?II like 2 hours ago. The silence was crazy.
LM 69, IS, complete 8/16nice. stats / complete date?
Is there any way to check the status of your application since the secondary isn't really a portal?
So, I go to Rutgers NB, and just got an email from NJMS inviting me to attend an AMSA event at my school where Dr. Heinrich will be presenting in a few days. He has been known to hand out in-person acceptances at this event...can anyone on here attest to that? I'm like freaking outttt right now boys and girls
Last edited:
in person acceptances ??? lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed here recently and had what felt very much like a stress interview. It really surprised me because everything I read said that the interview here is very relaxed and conversational. Did anyone else have this experience at Rutgers NJMS? Anyone know how they evaluate you in a stress interview scenario?
.
Last edited:
Someone at my interview day mentioned this. She did say thou that just because you get this email doesn't mean you 100% will get accepted, but there is a chance. People have gotten the email, showed up and did not get an in-person acceptance. I would be cautiously optimistic if I were you 🙂
Oh? First person I heard this from. Everyone else I heard from said they were accepted. But yes, you are right though it's better to err on the side of caution.
Oh? First person I heard this from. Everyone else I heard from said they were accepted. But yes, you are right though it's better to err on the side of caution.
If you've been invited to attend the event, you're in. 100% of the people that were invited by his office last year got their acceptances in-person by the dean.
which day is the amsa event? i'm guessing non RU people will also hear back that day
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 93K