You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Rutgers University - RWJMS
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II! Instate
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when were you complete?II! Instate
Congrats!! Stats?+1 OOS, complete about a week ago 🙂
@medschoolbro @s_tian @OldSavage Congrats to you all! Did you guys take the CASPer on 7/26?
Thanks! Yeah I took 7/26@medschoolbro @s_tian @OldSavage Congrats to you all! Did you guys take the CASPer on 7/26?
II in-state!
Do they offer interview housing with student hosts in the email that is supposed to come as our interview date approaches?
If you haven't already, you will get an email from our student ambassadors offering housing with a current student. Congrats! 🙂
RIP forever in silence for schools since 7/30
Edit: Didn't realize there were two threads for MD Rutgers??
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you get an email from Rutgers only to find out it's open house invite for the grad program.
RIP forever in silence for schools since 7/30
Edit: Didn't realize there were two threads for MD Rutgers??
Two different campuses- two different apps- two different threads. It's been silence for me too 🙁
Two different campuses- two different apps- two different threads. It's been silence for me too 🙁
Whhaaaat? When I applied on AMCAS there was only one. I dont remember choosing a campus during secondary, may have.
They're actually not just two different campuses. They are completely different schools. RWJMS is in New Brunswick and NJMS is in Newark, both under the Rutgers name but with one being recently acquired by Rutgers (UMDNJ - NJMS).Whhaaaat? When I applied on AMCAS there was only one. I don't remember choosing a campus during secondary, may have.
They're actually not just two different campuses. They are completely different schools. RWJMS is in New Brunswick and NJMS is in Newark, both under the Rutgers name but with one being recently acquired by Rutgers (UMDNJ - NJMS).
Yep, they're completely different entities with different curriculum/location/staff/etc
I am having an incredibly hard time finding an affordable way to travel from EWR to anywhere near the school. The hotels I have located do not have shuttle services, and private services either do not go that far or are over $100. Is there some obvious solution I am missing here?
And do we interview at the New Brunswick or Piscataway campus? I feel like I am missing an additional email with more details, but I want to plan now before prices go up.
Please help a poor fellow interviewee from out of state.
And do we interview at the New Brunswick or Piscataway campus? I feel like I am missing an additional email with more details, but I want to plan now before prices go up.
Please help a poor fellow interviewee from out of state.
Last edited:
Oh Yes! That is the route I found a few days ago and just could not find it again today. Thank you so much for restoring the peace of mind.How about taking the NJ Transit from EWR?
The pre-interview tension must have gotten to me
I am having an incredibly hard time finding an affordable way to travel from EWR to anywhere near the school. The hotels I have located do not have shuttle services, and private services either do not go that far or are over $100. Is there some obvious solution I am missing here?
And do we interview at the New Brunswick or Piscataway campus? I feel like I am missing an additional email with more details, but I want to plan now before prices go up.
Please help a poor fellow interviewee from out of state.
There are trains/busses that run regularly between New Brunswick and NYC. You'll be interviewing at the Piscataway campus. From the New Brunswick train/bus station, you're a short uber ride away! You might want to take advantage of the student host program if you're coming from out of town. If you haven't already, you'll be getting an email from one of our ambassadors 🙂
Great! Thank you so much 🙂 I know I will feel better now that I'm able to set in stone travel routes. Looking forward to the ambassador email!There are trains/busses that run regularly between New Brunswick and NYC. You'll be interviewing at the Piscataway campus. From the New Brunswick train/bus station, you're a short uber ride away! You might want to take advantage of the student host program if you're coming from out of town. If you haven't already, you'll be getting an email from one of our ambassadors 🙂
Call the office to find out.Do they accept updates?
I'm an in state applicant who was complete 8/31 and took Casper 8/10. Still haven't heard anything yet though. Anyone else?
Do they accept updates?
They accepted updates that I sent last year but I would be sure that your updates include new information not already present in your application. It is also still very early.
Hey all, did you guys receive an email that said you were complete? I just got one that said "thank you" 3 days after I had emailed my secondary app. I took the 8/30 casper.
I got the complete email a couple days after my CASPER got sent to the school. You probably have to wait just a little more but they should be getting to you as long as you submitted everything. I'd say call in maybe or week or two, they're really nice!
II today, complete 8/28, ORM, IS 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1.anyone know if rejection letters have been sent out as well?
Just posting so I receive notifications!
Anyone else on here interviewing on 10/13? Or those that have interviewed already, any tips on how you are preparing/how to prepare for it?
D
deleted867159
I emailed them a PDF a few days ago that I requested to be added to my profile, haven't heard back yet.Did anyone send updates to them?
OK thanks for the reply.I emailed them a PDF a few days ago that I requested to be added to my profile, haven't heard back yet.
anyone know if rejection letters have been sent out as well?
^ in response to this, I believe that all decisions go out at once sometime in December.
I'm also interviewing on 10/13!! It's my first interview ever so I'm super excited/crazy nervous. Has anyone interviewed here already and have any feedback?
Same man, super nervous as well, just going to go crazy googling MMIs^ in response to this, I believe that all decisions go out at once sometime in December.
I'm also interviewing on 10/13!! It's my first interview ever so I'm super excited/crazy nervous. Has anyone interviewed here already and have any feedback?
Same man, super nervous as well, just going to go crazy googling MMIs
It’s definitely good to practice so you know what to expect. There’s some good YouTube videos about mmi’s out there. I’ll post any good ones I come across. Good luck this week!! Really looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday 🙂
Has anyone gotten an interview recently? Seems like there haven't been any for a couple weeks??
Nope, still waiting, still anxious. I hope this long silence doesnt mean rejectionHas anyone gotten an interview recently? Seems like there haven't been any for a couple weeks??
the jersey schools are up to somethin
Why? Lolthe jersey schools are up to somethin
Why? Lol
just sayin theres been a lull here and at njms. not sure what that means lol
Just wondering, if this school is a little slower than some of the others? I feel like a lot of the other threads have way more posts about IIs and such.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They don't have rolling admissions. They send out the first acceptance in December. So if normal schools send first acceptance in October, you can imagine the difference probablyJust wondering, if this school is a little slower than some of the others? I feel like a lot of the other threads have way more posts about IIs and such.
They don't have rolling admissions. They send out the first acceptance in December. So if normal schools send first acceptance in October, you can imagine the difference probably
Ahhh, thank you! 🙂
No IIs since 9/25? I took the 8/30 CASPER, sent my secondary on 9/1, and received a "thank you" (literally just those two words) email on 9/8. Complete email on 9/22.
In-state and have an abundance of NJ pride lol. Am I just being impatient? Anyone else around my dates recieve IIs?
In-state and have an abundance of NJ pride lol. Am I just being impatient? Anyone else around my dates recieve IIs?
I got the thank you and complete emails on the same day lol. I'm thinking we just have to be patientNo IIs since 9/25? I took the 8/30 CASPER, sent my secondary on 9/1, and received a "thank you" (literally just those two words) email on 9/8. Complete email on 9/22.
In-state and have an abundance of NJ pride lol. Am I just being impatient? Anyone else around my dates recieve IIs?
No IIs since 9/25? I took the 8/30 CASPER, sent my secondary on 9/1, and received a "thank you" (literally just those two words) email on 9/8. Complete email on 9/22.
In-state and have an abundance of NJ pride lol. Am I just being impatient? Anyone else around my dates recieve IIs?
same exact complete date as both of you lol 9/22. but this was because i emailed them asking if they got my casper on 8/30. whats weird is i never got a thank you email for the first part of the secondary
you all may have finally gotten a complete email because i asked what the hold up was hahah
anyway, also really wanting to hear from the NJ schools with similar stats as you. figure we should hear soon but who knows
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 93K