You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Tulane University Application
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No check mark yet, was complete 7/25 🙁 I hope all the interviews aren't gone hahaha
No checkmark yet either and submitted 7/23. So you're good
No checkmark yet either and submitted 7/23. So you're good
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete/green check mark?Just got interview today! scheduled for 1/8. OOS, URM, subpar stats tbh lol
Submitted 7/19 check mark took a while, maybe 2 weeks?When were you complete/green check mark?
Gotcha, thanks! and congrats!Submitted 7/19 check mark took a while, maybe 2 weeks?
The check mark for review or the check mark complete is that what people are talking about?
The very last check mark on the page. Tells you your app was handed to a reviewerThe check mark for review or the check mark complete is that what people are talking about?
Yes! I took CASPer on 7/26 and received an interview on 8/3Has anyone who took the the 7/26 CASPer gotten an II?
I believe Tulane will offer you a II before they receive recieve your CASPer score. CASPer just may help sway them.Has anyone who took the the 7/26 CASPer gotten an II?
I believe Tulane will offer you a II before they receive recieve your CASPer score. CASPer just may help sway them.
Which way? Lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Well depending on the score, I think either. But they make it seem like it can only help you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So does the check mark mean you hear back soon or?
So does the check mark mean you hear back soon or?
I've had it since last Monday and nothing. Others have heard back the next day. Overall, they do not seem to be giving interviews as quickly. But it looks like different people have different interview dates. No one quite seems to understand the process.
Maybe the interview dates correlate with the reviewer, like one reviewer may take longer but gets the earlier dates but some reviewer who had a one day turnaround was assigned the later dates
I've had the checkmark since 7/20 (I think?) and I haven't heard anyyyything so.. yet some people have heard back like two days later. Who knows :'(So does the check mark mean you hear back soon or?
Now that is an interesting theory.Maybe the interview dates correlate with the reviewer, like one reviewer may take longer but gets the earlier dates but some reviewer who had a one day turnaround was assigned the later dates
Did anyone notice on the admissions site it says they try to give either interview or rejection notice in 3-5 weeks after complete date? Does anyone still not have something after 5 weeks?
6
645692
Did anyone notice on the admissions site it says they try to give either interview or rejection notice in 3-5 weeks after complete date? Does anyone still not have something after 5 weeks?
Yeah, I saw that too. Looking at threads from previous years, it seems that they had already rejected many people by this date. But no news is good news, right?
Still no green checkmark. Does this mean they haven't even begun reviewing my app yet? Sigh.
Still no green checkmark. Does this mean they haven't even begun reviewing my app yet? Sigh.
i submitted 7/23 and just got my green checkmark today
Yeah, I saw that too. Looking at threads from previous years, it seems that they had already rejected many people by this date. But no news is good news, right?
It's possible they have sent rejections and those people just aren't on SDN 😀
I've had the checkmark since 7/20 (I think?) and I haven't heard anyyyything so.. yet some people have heard back like two days later. Who knows :'(
Don't worry. People were getting IIs who submitted far after I did, and I still got one, so don't lose faith!
+1I submitted 7/18, and got the green checkmark over two weeks ago. Is it safe to assume I'm rejected? I know they still have a lot of interviews to give out, but I haven't heard of anyone getting an II after being complete for so long...
I believe Tulane will offer you a II before they receive recieve your CASPer score. CASPer just may help sway them.
Yeah I got my II before I had even registered for my CASPer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had the same feeling when I took mine hahWelp I just finished the CASPer... I feel like I screwed that one up big time.
Welp I just finished the CASPer... I feel like I screwed that one up big time.
Super same... Such a weird exam tho
I just took it as well. I don't think I'll be sending my score to Tulane haha.
Omg lol sorry for laughing a bit but maybe they just have visual and no sound?Hold my beer...
Second prompt, I accidentally exit out of the browser, ALMOST but not quite simultaneously screaming an expletive before realizing that the webcam had been on. I then proceeded to freak out the rest of the test that the webcam caught my expletive freak out before shutting off w the browser, and that they would surely flunk me
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
7/26 and still no check mark
I don't have one still and complete 7/25
I applied to this school a bit late (8/8). Do you guys think that's too late for this school? Even though it's early, it seems like they've given out an awful lot of IIs
Hi Everyone!
I'm sorry for the spammy post in all the school specific threads 🙁 - but I wanted to plug my interview invite tracker! If you haven't seen it, I'm compiling data on the current application cycle to reproduce planeblue's exercise (Planeblue's Interview Invite Tracker)
and get some info on GPA/MCAT, IS/OOS, and URM/ORM for those receiving invites. Maybe we can use it to help future applicants build better school lists!
If you'd like to add info on your interview invite to Tulane and any others and haven't already, fill out the Google Form here - 2017/18 MD Interview Invite Tracker
If you have already - a tremendous thanks to you!
Also, for those who haven't received an II yet - hang in there! It is still incredibly early and there are plenty more invites coming our way!
I'm sorry for the spammy post in all the school specific threads 🙁 - but I wanted to plug my interview invite tracker! If you haven't seen it, I'm compiling data on the current application cycle to reproduce planeblue's exercise (Planeblue's Interview Invite Tracker)
and get some info on GPA/MCAT, IS/OOS, and URM/ORM for those receiving invites. Maybe we can use it to help future applicants build better school lists!
If you'd like to add info on your interview invite to Tulane and any others and haven't already, fill out the Google Form here - 2017/18 MD Interview Invite Tracker
If you have already - a tremendous thanks to you!
Also, for those who haven't received an II yet - hang in there! It is still incredibly early and there are plenty more invites coming our way!
Submitted the 24th, got that check mark today!!! Hopefully my application was assigned to some fast reviewer lol
GREEN CHECKMARK!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to this school a bit late (8/8). Do you guys think that's too late for this school? Even though it's early, it seems like they've given out an awful lot of IIs
I hope not bc I still haven't turned my secondary around yet either
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Came here to post green checkmark too!! App submitted 7/24
+1, submitted 7/23Came here to post green checkmark too!! App submitted 7/24
So does the green checkmark mean we're currently being reviewed?
What abbreviation do y'all recommend for Tulane University School of Medicine? TUSOM or TSOM? -Thanks!
I used TUSM, it honestly doesn't matter just be consistent. They understand their own word count.
Any recommended hotels near the school to stay in prior to the interview?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K