You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Tulane University Application
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1, submitted 7/23
So does the green checkmark mean we're currently being reviewed?
Darn I'm 7/25 looks like I have to wait until monday based on this pace
Morning 10-11amFor those who submitted on the 24th with a green mark, was it submitted early in the morning or evening/night?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope not! I just submitted today and took my CASPer on 7/26.I applied to this school a bit late (8/8). Do you guys think that's too late for this school? Even though it's early, it seems like they've given out an awful lot of IIs
I would strongly recommend utilizing the option to stay w a student. You should get an email before your interview date. If you prefer to stay in a hotel the holiday in on loyola avenue is very close to the school.Any recommended hotels near the school to stay in prior to the interview?
I would strongly recommend utilizing the option to stay w a student. You should get an email before your interview date. If you prefer to stay in a hotel the holiday in on loyola avenue is very close to the school.
I see the benefits of staying with a student...but can't staying with a student hurt you as well? Being too loud in the morning? Blow drying your hair, going in and out of the house? If you stay with you a student, aren't you on their schedule? I feel like everyone has a routine and staying with a student puts you on their routine...which can hurt you.
I see the benefits of staying with a student...but can't staying with a student hurt you as well? Being too loud in the morning? Blow drying your hair, going in and out of the house? If you stay with you a student, aren't you on their schedule? I feel like everyone has a routine and staying with a student puts you on their routine...which can hurt you.
This is partly why I booked a hotel. I don't want to have to worry about unnecessary things as you mentioned; there's a lot of benefit to having a private room and your own personal freedom. But I'm also staying for an extra day before/after and taking some time to check out the city and I didn't want to relocate frequently as the student housing is only available for the night before your interview. The Holiday Inn quoted me at a cheaper price than the Aloft hotel (which was the only other place that got back to me) so I just booked with them.
Just got a pre-interview rejection email, actually very much appreciated they say this now and not wait until March.
Best of luck to everyone else!
Best of luck to everyone else!
I'm sorry 🙁 When were you complete?Just got a pre-interview rejection email, actually very much appreciated they say this now and not wait until March.
Best of luck to everyone else!
Sorry. But it is good that they let people know instead of dragging it outJust got a pre-interview rejection email, actually very much appreciated they say this now and not wait until March.
Best of luck to everyone else!
Also received a rejection this morning. Complete 7/14. Best of luck to everyone!
Still no check mark complete 7/25 🙁
My application was finally verified by AMCAS on Friday. Will Tulane at this point extend a secondary?
I would think so but I would try to have a quick turnaround on it since they seem to be giving out a lot of II
I guess Ill be getting one today too Have had the checkmark a long timeAlso received a rejection this morning. Complete 7/14. Best of luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
J
jdav_7
Negative. But I also don't think they use CASPer for anything other than maybe a tiebreaker.Has anyone ever received confirmation about Tulane receiving their CASPer?
Completed 07/25, green check mark today.
Same except no check mark haha who knows
Rejected. :v
I'm sorry... Good luck with the rest of your cycle though! When were you marked complete if you don't mind me asking?Rejected. :v
Complete 7/13. I have one acceptance I'm very happy with so it's okay!I'm sorry... Good luck with the rest of your cycle though! When were you marked complete if you don't mind me asking?
Acceptance? Wow. Congrats. I thought schools couldn't send out acceptances until October 15th. Is it an early decision thing?Complete 7/13. I have one acceptance I'm very happy with so it's okay!
Acceptance? Wow. Congrats. I thought schools couldn't send out acceptances until October 15th. Is it an early decision thing?
DO school is different timeline
my checkmark became green between 9-10pm at night, strange I submitted at 8ish pm 7/25 so maybe they do it around the same time
DO acceptance! C:Acceptance? Wow. Congrats. I thought schools couldn't send out acceptances until October 15th. Is it an early decision thing?
How long does it normally take after the green check to hear back?
Congrats!!DO acceptance! C:
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, with your stats this is really surprising.rejection email this morning. best of luck everyone.
Wow, with your stats this is really surprising.
Yeah that has me nervous, for sure
rejection email this morning. best of luck everyone.
Tulane definitely yield protected here. They probably thought you were much more likely to go to a top institution rather to go to their school. As an URM with your stats you have shots at top 30 schools. This is a good thing so keep your chin up!
That's what I was thinking, they know they're a backup school.Tulane definitely yield protected here. They probably thought you were much more likely to go to a top institution rather to go to their school. As an URM with your stats you have shots at top 30 schools. This is a good thing so keep your chin up!
Nope! I'm also still waitinganyone submit 7/26 and get the checkmark yet?
anyone submit 7/26 and get the checkmark yet?
Thanks to portal stalking I just got the elusive green checkmark!!!! Submitted 7/25 - so you should be getting it soon!
I know it's probably somewhere in this feed but about how long after the green checkmark is a decision made?
I know it's probably somewhere in this feed but about how long after the green checkmark is a decision made?
Seems like anywhere from one day to the end of the cycle.
PerfectSeems like anywhere from one day to the end of the cycle.
That's what I was thinking, they know they're a backup school.
Yield protecting a 509 4.0? Even URM, c'mon. Crazy talk. There have been some people 520+ getting interviews.
True. Well I didn't know their MCAT, but with the stats listed I would have assumed they'd at least get an interview this early. Anyway, who knows.Yield protecting a 509 4.0? Even URM, c'mon. Crazy talk. There have been some people 520+ getting interviews.

6
645692
Yield protecting a 509 4.0? Even URM, c'mon. Crazy talk. There have been some people 520+ getting interviews.
The idea that Tulane could be a "safety school" for any applicant is quite simply ludicrous. A friend of mine from my alma mater goes to TUSoM and she serves as a student interviewer. She said that during the application process, TUSoM screens heavily for fit and for students that demonstrate a commitment to their particular mission. She said that's also why Tulane interviews a comparatively small number of applicants as well, compared to say Georgetown, which interviews more than double the number of applicants than TUSoM for a similar class size.
The idea that Tulane could be a "safety school" for any applicant is quite simply ludicrous. A friend of mine from my alma mater goes to TUSoM and she serves as a student interviewer. She said that during the application process, TUSoM screens heavily for fit and for students that demonstrate a commitment to their particular mission. She said that's also why Tulane interviews a comparatively small number of applicants as well, compared to say Georgetown, which interviews more than double the number of applicants than TUSoM for a similar class size.
Yield protecting a 509 4.0? Even URM, c'mon. Crazy talk. There have been some people 520+ getting interviews.
Maybe it shows that Tulane really values MCAT scores. The GPA is amazing but maybe they want a higher MCAT for an OOS applicant. Idk if he was OOS but assumed it for the sake of my argument
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe it shows that Tulane really values MCAT scores. The GPA is amazing but maybe they want a higher MCAT for an OOS applicant. Idk if he was OOS but assumed it for the sake of my argument
My MCAT score is meh for an OOS candidate so it is probably not the case since I got an interview.
Y'all are probably right haha just spitballing possibilities. The med school application process is just so random
Tell me about it! I feel like it's one big Wheel of Fortune wheel that ADCOMs are spinning at times. "We're going to take <spins wheel> out of state applicants named Matt with an MCAT equal to the circumference of this freshly picked grapefruit."🤣Y'all are probably right haha just spitballing possibilities. The med school application process is just so random
dude that has gotta be one giant grapefruitTell me about it! I feel like it's one big Wheel of Fortune wheel that ADCOMs are spinning at times. "We're going to take <spins wheel> out of state applicants named Matt with an MCAT equal to the circumference of this freshly picked grapefruit."🤣
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K