2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think they send it out to virtually everyone.
Sorry I'm new here and picking up jargon. Thought II=secondary, but I guess II=Interview Invite.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah. I'm new to the site. Thought II=secondary, just learned II=Interview Invite. lol. II: 3

Hah, just curious what you think IA means? It stands for Institutional Action around these parts. Hopefully, you're not planning on getting some this cycle ;)

Congrats on your 3 IIs!

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the green check mark everyone is talking about

Reactions: 1 user
What is the green check mark everyone is talking about
On the portal, a green check mark appears under all the other green checkmarks once your file has been reviewed. Those who will receive a first priority interview have been hearing back within a week or so after that check mark appears.

What's the latest submission date that's received the green check mark? 7/25 here and still waiting on it...

Members don't see this ad :)
II! OOS, LizzyM 81, Submitted 7/21, green checkmark 8/2

Reactions: 3 users
Did you take the CASPer? Also, has anyone who has taken the CASPer gotten an II? I got my green checkmark 7/31, so I'm starting to get a little worried.
I didn't take casper but I've also had a checkmark for a while, I think its just luck of what reviewer you get and how fast their turnaround is.

Just received an II!

Reactions: 4 users
Did you take the CASPer? Also, has anyone who has taken the CASPer gotten an II? I got my green checkmark 7/31, so I'm starting to get a little worried.
I took the casper 6/28 and sent the results to Tulane and got an II

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LOL chill, some of us dont even have the green check yet! Complete on the 24th and nothing yet!

Submitted 7/19 and got an II today!! Haven't even taken CASPER yet- doing that in a few days. I'm FREAKING OUT, this is my first II :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
II! Submitted 7/19, green check 7/24. I also took CASPer.

Reactions: 7 users
No check mark yet, was complete 7/25 :( I hope all the interviews aren't gone hahaha

II this morning! First available date I saw was 12/7.

Complete 7/19, green check sometime this past week, no CASPer

Reactions: 3 users
tbh i'm not sure where i'm supposed to be looking for the green check-- is it next to "in progress"?

tbh i'm not sure where i'm supposed to be looking for the green check-- is it next to "in progress"?
Yes if it says in progress and it's green not red and has that little statement about not taking phone calls about your status next to it it means your application is with a reviewer

For those of you who want to know, earliest interview is on 1/17.

For those of you who want to know, earliest interview is on 1/17.

Oh my God.

It sounds like the earliest date is not given to everyone. So like they only give you some options in Nov or Dec depending on when they offer you your II. Don't know this for sure, just seems like thats what they are doing from what other people are saying. So like some people said earliest datewas late nov but others then were offered dates in early Nov. Regardless, don't worry, they won't fill their class until April.

It sounds like the earliest date is not given to everyone. So like they only give you some options in Nov or Dec depending on when they offer you your II. Don't know this for sure, just seems like thats what they are doing from what other people are saying. So like some people said earliest datewas late nov but others then were offered dates in early Nov. Regardless, don't worry, they won't fill their class until April.
I got an II today and booked it for 12/4, which was the earliest day I saw

Reactions: 1 users
What's the typical turnaround between submitting and getting the green check mark? Submitted on 7/31 and nothing as of yet

I got an II today and booked it for 12/4, which was the earliest day I saw
Yeah so they definitely aren't showing all dates to everyone since the person before you said earliest they saw was 1/17. Or perhaps spots open up.

Yeah so they definitely aren't showing all dates to everyone since the person before you said earliest they saw was 1/17. Or perhaps spots open up.
Why wouldn't they show all dates to everyone? What's the reasoning behind that?

Why wouldn't they show all dates to everyone? What's the reasoning behind that?
No idea. The processes at these schools is such a mystery. Maybe correlates to your reviewer? That would kinda make sense so that the reviewer who gets all theirs done first isnt the one with the kids with all the early interviews. Or to a score that they give you? How much they want you? Could be anything.

Reactions: 1 users
Does Tulane come back with a Solid II/Reject decision at the end of its in progress? or can you sit "in progress" for the entire application cycle? Has anyone who had an in progress check mark gotten a re-review or rejection update?

Does Tulane come back with a Solid II/Reject decision at the end of its in progress? or can you sit "in progress" for the entire application cycle? Has anyone who had an in progress check mark gotten a re-review or rejection update?
Someone on here said it was about two weeks after their II when they heard back. Has anyone gotten an interview date before Nov?

Someone on here said it was about two weeks after their II when they heard back. Has anyone gotten an interview date before Nov?
Oh, I meant do they leave you with a green in progress check mark or do they come back you you and say "We're giving you an II" or "We're rejecting you" or "We're going to review you again later."

What's the typical turnaround between submitting and getting the green check mark? Submitted on 7/31 and nothing as of yet

I think its like 2 weeks at least, I'm 7/25 and still no check mark

No idea. The processes at these schools is such a mystery. Maybe correlates to your reviewer? That would kinda make sense so that the reviewer who gets all theirs done first isnt the one with the kids with all the early interviews. Or to a score that they give you? How much they want you? Could be anything.

Well, I signed up for the interview about 4 hours after I got the email..maybe the spots filled up during that time? haha

I figured it was some sort of prioritization, where the better candidates were given earlier dates. My first date available was 11/9 and then someone got an II right after me for 10/15

Oh, I meant do they leave you with a green in progress check mark or do they come back you you and say "We're giving you an II" or "We're rejecting you" or "We're going to review you again later."
I still have in progress this cycle but I have applied previously and they sent me a pre-interview hold and then a rejection later. so they do update you regardless throughout.

It must be something like this otherwise it would be really unfair because it would depend entirely on who reviews you and how quick they are.