2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just waiting for my green check mark :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, the 19th

hey, dont worry. today they just rolled around to 7/14. I was checking which people were being accepted and on Friday they were around 7/13 so today they did 7/14 (which is when I submitted and got II today)... Keep tracking it and goodluck

Reactions: 1 user
check mark turned green today, hoping for the best but expecting the worst

II just now! My alma mater, so so pumped to be NOLA bound. No interview dates till 11/9

Reactions: 2 users
November 9th? Wow I think the rest of us will be left out without any IIs

So I'm guessing I'm going to be rejected since it seems like people who submitted after me are getting IIs and I'm still under review. Not sure if that's reading too much into it, but bleh

So is that the day you went under review?

This is the email I got 7/16, I'm not sure when exactly the final green checkmark got there.

Dear hemobrobin,

We would like to inform you that your application is complete. Your portal will have a red exclamation point stating you are in progress and this will remain until you are assigned to a screener. Once assigned, the checkmark will turn green and your application is now considered under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the email I got 7/16, I'm not sure when exactly the final green checkmark got there.

Dear hemobrobin,

We would like to inform you that your application is complete. Your portal will have a red exclamation point stating you are in progress and this will remain until you are assigned to a screener. Once assigned, the checkmark will turn green and your application is now considered under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success.
Ok I got that same email that day :xf:

Just submitted. Really regret not submitting this one earlier after all these IIs. Congrats to everyone that's received one!

II this morning! Earliest available was 10/19.

Submitted 7/15/17
Complete 7/15/17
Green Check Mark 7/20/17

Good luck, everyone!
Hell yeah! You got your first one, the start to many my friend. Congratulations!!

It seems like II's are all coming in the morning from Tulane. Has anyone had a different experience? Just gauging when to quit refreshing my email for the day lol

Anyone complete on 7/18 or later have a checkmark? I hate this checkmark -.-

Sooo I only received this secondary on the 19th... and after checking this thread for the first time today I feel a lot of pressure to submit my secondary ASAP. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Anyone complete on 7/18 or later have a checkmark? I hate this checkmark -.-

I submitted 7/18 and just got the checkmark within the past few hours. Its been a pleasure serving with you all. Tell my mother I love her! *Taps plays*

Reactions: 2 users
Approximately how long after the green check mark appeared did people start hearing back about interviews??

I got my II this morning! Complete 7/16, green check mark 7/20.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 6 users
I got my II this morning! Complete 7/16, green check mark 7/20.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sweet, thanks! I am a few days behind you, so here's to hoping for the same luck that you had!

II! Earliest dates were in November. I'll be there Nov 9th. I'm so excited.

Secondary submitted 7/13, Complete 7/14. Stats are in my MDApps

Reactions: 5 users
II!!! Super stoked, I've never been to Louisiana! Submitted 7/15 complete 7/16 and under review on 7/21.

Reactions: 5 users
II! Earliest dates were in November. I'll be there Nov 9th. I'm so excited.

Secondary submitted 7/13, Complete 7/14. Stats are in my MDApps

I signed up for Nov. 9 as well!

Congratz guys! Anyone else going border line insane over this check mark??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Ha ha, is there any point even spending the money on the secondary at this point with all these interviews gone?

If I knew Tulane valued early apps that much, I would have called them earlier. Still confused why some got immediate secondaries, and others had to wait and call/ inquire before getting one.

If it makes you feel any better, I got a late secondary (7/15) and an interview (7/25). It doesn't make or break your application.

Hope so too. Complete 18th, all green checkmarks on the 24th, hoping for some good news soon!

For those that got an interview: congrats! What are your guys/gals' stats? I'm just so confused right now bc I thought I would be a perfect fit, but haven't even received a secondary. Submitted first day AMCAS opened, have tons of volunteering + clinical service.
Edit: just realized the most recent posts are on the last page (an a tech idiot) so hopefully your status has changed!

I got an II and submitted AMCAS day one and this secondary 7/7. 3.8 GPA, 509 MCAT, heckin' research and a graduate degree are my relevant stats.
Hang in there, if this is your ideal school they'll see that from your primary!

Congrats guys! Super salty over here about the AMCAS glitch the school had.. didn't submit my primary June 1st to wait around. :yawn::bang:

Congrats guys! Super salty over here about the AMCAS glitch the school had.. didn't submit my primary June 1st to wait around. :yawn::bang:

This. I had to call to get my secondary and I had it pre-written since mid-June. Didn't get to submit till the 18th (the day I called) because of it. This screwed some of us bad.

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys and gals,
Best of luck! I attend medical school here so if anyone has a question or two feel free to reach out either here or PM. Interview spots fill up really early but there's also a LOT of movement that happens later on in the cycle. Keep your chin up of you're still waiting on the green check mark!

Reactions: 3 users
Having a hard time finding information about Tulane to answer the "why Tulane?" prompt. What does Tulane look for in their students? Research, service, etc.