2017-2018 Tulane University Application

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For people who got II, did you guys submit CASPer? I haven't to this school but debating if I should if it would help give me an interview since they keep writing they encourage it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If MSAR is to be believed, nearly 600 people were interviewed last year to fill a class of 180-ish. Unless my estimates are off, that means that nearly everyone who interviewed was offered admission, given than schools will generally offer 2-3 admissions for every available seat.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
If MSAR is to be believed, nearly 600 people were interviewed last year to fill a class of 180-ish. Unless my estimates are off, that means that nearly everyone who interviewed was offered admission, given than schools will generally offer 2-3 admissions for every available seat.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hmmm...Not sure about that. I'm applying to Tulane this cycle as well, and in the MSAR, it states that around 250 students are wait-listed by Tulane. That makes sense given that in previous years, many applicants on SDN say that they have been put on the "acceptance range" list. But then again, I have no idea at all either.

Perhaps a current Tulane med student could chime in?
 
For people who got II, did you guys submit CASPer? I haven't to this school but debating if I should if it would help give me an interview since they keep writing they encourage it

I did, and sent mine to Tulane, but it seems like that doesn't have much of an influence on IIs...or possibly anything for that matter:shrug:
 
If you recently took CASPER does it notify Tulane that they will be getting scores and that we took it? Or does it just wait to send the scores in a month or so?
 
If you recently took CASPER does it notify Tulane that they will be getting scores and that we took it? Or does it just wait to send the scores in a month or so?
I think when you sign up for the test and say what schools you want the scores sent to the schools get a notification that you are registered to take Casper before you actually sit for the test.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many IIs were send out already? over 400 yet? 😀
When I booked my interview, the earliest day that was available was in mid-November! Based on the fact that their interviews go from September to March, I would guess that they've given out a third or more of their interviews.
 
So Tulane on their website says "Applications will be reviewed chronologically with or without CASPer." If we were complete on 7/10 and those who were complete after us got II, is it safe to assume we'll be rejected? 🙁 (even though it still says "In Progress")
 
I feel like if you apply here any later than August you're screwed, has it always been this early? I've been complete since 7/25, but this was the first secondary I submitted. This seems to be much quicker than every other school
 
Finally got my green check mark today! Complete on 7/19
Honestly it isn't time to celebrate, I've had my green checkmark since last Monday and still hear nothing but silence. Now that its getting into the heart of the season you could be with a green checkmark for a LONG time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been holding off on submitting this secondary because I might get a position with Americorp, is it worth it to hold off or will it not really boost your application here?
 
I have been holding off on submitting this secondary because I might get a position with Americorp, is it worth it to hold off or will it not really boost your application here?

I would submit your secondaries ASAP. When I spoke to admissions officers at a few schools that I applied to when I last applied, one of them literally told me that my application was likely not reviewed because my application was late. Don't make the same mistake as I did!
 
I would submit your secondaries ASAP. When I spoke to admissions officers at a few schools that I applied to when I last applied, one of them literally told me that my application was likely not reviewed because my application was late. Don't make the same mistake as I did!

Thanks for the reply, I thought it was still considered early in the cycle prior to labor day? When were you complete?