2017-2018 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was under the impression that DoDMERB was separate and just report the results to USUHS which may play a roll, rather than USUHS being in control of remedials. That being said, they still accept over half of individuals who are interviewed so I'm sure you'll be fine. You could probably call and ask USUHS but regardless, getting a remedial is only positive or neutral news in terms of chance of acceptance! :) Good luck!

Just FYI: The goal for anyone who interviews (all 500+) is to have a Qualified physical so you're ready to accept any offers that come your way. And that's for everyone regardless of how the committee is considering an offer (or no offer). Being contacted regarding remedials just means you have an issue that needs to be cleared up by DoDMERB in order to proceed to that Qualified status. It's a separate process from the admissions committee so don't read into it. Just follow the instructions that the amazing Commissioning Coordinator emails you (wink, wink).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I've heard it's tape measurements. If you are 10% BF then there's no way you will be DQ based on that...that stat is really good...LOL

I'm right under 6 ft and I weigh around 188-190, but I workout 4-5 times per week. Would this disqualify me? I've already had my physical and my interview is next week.

I'm right under 6 ft and I weigh around 188-190, but I workout 4-5 times per week. Would this disqualify me? I've already had my physical and my interview is next week.

I'm not a qualified source to determine your physical qualification, I am just another lowly applicant. However, you can just google the army's height/weight table for a quick assessment since usuhs goes by army standard. good luck next week :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've never seen a person that's at least in halfway decent shape fail a tape test after being over the weight maximum. If all else fails, then flex your neck and suck your stomach in a bit.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed with USUHS on 10/5 - awesome place and I totally love it! Everyone is super nice and Dr. Saguil and Dr. Hutchinson are a few of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. The students I have spoken to at USUHS seem to really enjoy it - not much negatives other than maybe having to wear a uniform which is not really a negative. I also love the city too! Interview was close file and conversational. I think they said total 50-63% acceptance rate of interviewees - word of mouth is the earlier you interview the better your chances but do take that with a grain of salt. Physical requirement is based off Army standards.

If it helps anyone: 506. cGPA: 3.5, sGPA: 3.3. Top 20 university. F. Pacific Islander/AA. OS. Non-Military. 3 gap years. Compelling story and strong clinical experiences and EC. Complete: Aug 14. II: Aug 30.

If you have questions, lmk. Good luck to everyone in the process!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how long interview invites will continue to go out for?

Does anyone know how long interview invites will continue to go out for?

Well they have interview dates going into January, and they’re now sending out invites for November. So I’d guess they’ll continue giving them out for at least the next month or so, but that’s just my best guess.

MY application was complete 08/29. Few days later, I was asked to explain my MCAT score (my CARS was under 125)- to explain the current score compared to my GPA and experiences. I submitted the explanation on the 09/05, and on the 09/08 I received an email saying the requested information has been received and added to your file. It has been more than a month now. Can I assume it as rejection or it just take longer to review?
Thanks!

So I was looking around at last year's thread and, just like this year, October 15th fell on a weekend. I also saw that Dr. Saguil sent out emails to people letting them know that he was going to be making calls the next day.

Has anyone gotten an email saying that he'd be making calls tomorrow?

So I was looking around at last year's thread and, just like this year, October 15th fell on a weekend. I also saw that Dr. Saguil sent out emails to people letting them know that he was going to be making calls the next day.

Has anyone gotten an email saying that he'd be making calls tomorrow?
I also was looking at last year's thread. Seems as though not many people received that email. Personally, have not received anything yet

Received nothing either but I am really hoping we hear back good news tomorrow :( so nervous. I broke my collarbone today too...

Members don't see this ad :)
MY application was complete 08/29. Few days later, I was asked to explain my MCAT score (my CARS was under 125)- to explain the current score compared to my GPA and experiences. I submitted the explanation on the 09/05, and on the 09/08 I received an email saying the requested information has been received and added to your file. It has been more than a month now. Can I assume it as rejection or it just take longer to review?
Thanks!
I was asked to explain a low subsection as well. Took a while, but I eventually got an invite. No news is good news, friend.

I was complete 8/14, yet have not heard anything. Grew up in a military family, I have not served personally, lots of patient contact through my work as a Behavioral Tech., 510 MCAT, and 3.7 GPA. Is no news good news?
Patience is a virtue right, but this application process has me going neurotic ha

Got accepted this morning around 8AM...Air Force

Reactions: 9 users
I was complete 8/14, yet have not heard anything. Grew up in a military family, I have not served personally, lots of patient contact through my work as a Behavioral Tech., 510 MCAT, and 3.7 GPA. Is no news good news?
Patience is a virtue right, but this application process has me going neurotic ha

Similar boat.

Inquired and got the email that they would continue to review app as the candidate pool developed.

Called and confirmed they will absolutely notify you one way or the other, no silent rejections.

Similar boat.

Inquired and got the email that they would continue to review app as the candidate pool developed.

Called and confirmed they will absolutely notify you one way or the other, no silent rejections.
I second this. Applied for admission 2016 with (in retrospect) a pretty weak application in Sept 2015 and they notified me mid Dec 2015 that I was rejected. They don't leave you hanging.

Interviewed this year with a much stronger app! Hoping for good news too. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
If you're lucky enough to get a call from Dr. Saguil, we'd all love to hear about it! And for the sake of our neuroticism, could you also let us know when you interviewed?

Good luck everyone, I hope your phone rings soon!

Accepted Army!!! 2nd Lt. Aaron Rodgers!!

Navy was my 1st choice but i was 50/50 between it and army anyways :) !!

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted Air Force!!! Interviewed on 9/7

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
any 9/14 interviewers know if we might hear back today? I got a call earlier today from a Maryland number and got really excited for a moment, but it was just someone trying to sell me a car :(

So... I think I got in???

I got a call from Dr. Saguil but it went to voicemail since I was on the metro. Unfortunately it got somewhat garbled so I couldn’t really make out what he said, but I’m assuming he doesn’t call for bad news? Sent him an email so hopefully will have confirmation soon!

So... I think I got in???

I got a call from Dr. Saguil but it went to voicemail since I was on the metro. Unfortunately it got somewhat garbled so I couldn’t really make out what he said, but I’m assuming he doesn’t call for bad news? Sent him an email so hopefully will have confirmation soon!

Call him back!!!! Let's be classmates

If anyone from 9/14 or 9/21 get an acceptance, post that plsss. I'm dying of worry over here!

If anyone from 9/14 or 9/21 get an acceptance, post that plsss. I'm dying of worry over here!
I feel your pain. I interviewed on 9/28 and it's killing me not knowing when they'll get around to the applications from my interview day.. Hopefully sometime this week but I honestly don't know how fast they move considering they have to call everyone.

Try and keep your sanity lol

Reactions: 2 users

Don't stress. You're awesome. Be patient. Drink wine ;)

I am so excited to be interviewing here soon!

It is totally fine to bring your luggage and leave it in the office during the tour/interviews, correct? I thought I read that somewhere but am not 100% positive.

I am so excited to be interviewing here soon!

It is totally fine to bring your luggage and leave it in the office during the tour/interviews, correct? I thought I read that somewhere but am not 100% positive.

Yes, you can leave your luggage in the admissions office. Good luck at your interview!

Any idea when I can expect to get a call? Interviewed on 9/14.
Their original email states "If you interview in September/October, you MAY hear a response in four to six weeks."

So maybe soon, but maybe not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

For those of you who interviewed, were you contacted by email for II? Been waiting 3 weeks now. E6 w/ 12 yrs of service & Gpa 3.6

For those of you who interviewed, were you contacted by email for II? Been waiting 3 weeks now. E6 w/ 12 yrs of service & Gpa 3.6
Yes they sent out II's by email. I submitted my secondary on the 2nd day after they were sent out and didn't get my II for about a month and a half (end of August)

Quick question for anyone who knows. I got an email today from dodmerb saying they received my documents and it would take 10-15 business days to process but when I checked the website, my status said "Qualified". Does anyone know if this means I'm done or if there's more processing/red tape to get through?

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Quick question for anyone who knows. I got an email today from dodmerb saying they received my documents and it would take 10-15 business days to process but when I checked the website, my status said "Qualified". Does anyone know if this means I'm done or if there's more processing/red tape to get through?
If it says "qualified" and not "remedial" or "does not meet DoD medical standards," then you're good. Congratulations on having one less hoop to jump through!