2017-2018 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted, Army! Got the call from Dr. Saguil today!
Same here! got the call a little over an hour ago! Hooah! (interviewed on october 5th)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
II on Friday for 16 November! It's my first so I'm pretty excited.

Complete 11SEP.
same. but, I requested another date. I feel like Nov. 30th is late for an interview. I am thinking to stay with the 16th. where are you staying the night before the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on October 5th as well, however, no news yet :unsure:

Reactions: 1 user
same. but, I requested another date. I feel like Nov. 30th is late for an interview. I am thinking to stay with the 16th. where are you staying the night before the interview?
I'm staying with some of my wife's family who live in the DC area. How about you?

I suppose if Dr. Saguil starts making calls to the interview group after you, you're probably waitlisted right?

For those who put PHS as their first choice and are going crazy from not getting a call from Dr. Saguil yet (I definitely was), I just talked with admissions and they said you won't hear back from him until after you go through the application process for PHS and if you're not selected for that, you can still get one of your other choices. I guess they're doing it different this year than in the past?

Does anyone know what happens when a branch fills up? Do they waitlist you for that branch or do they match you with a branch you ranked 2nd or 3rd?

Got an email saying "per your request your interview in now December 16." Does this mean they basically rescheduled me?

Got an email saying "per your request your interview in now December 16." Does this mean they basically rescheduled me?
Sounds like it, you could always call the admissions office to confirm the date too if you are not certain.

Anyone else from 10/5 hear anything? Sitting over here in radio silence. They'll let you know one way or another, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else from 10/5 hear anything? Sitting over here in radio silence. They'll let you know one way or another, right?
Also from 10/5 here, and still waiting :(

Seems like some people from 10.5 have heard back though.

same! Really hoping for a pleasant surprise within this week....

Got my pre interview rejection yesterday .. sad face.. this was my number 1. Still in the running at other schools. Good luck to those of you still in it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
All I've heard from them was on 11 Oct, a request for the grades I earned in classes I took over summer.

I am ready for an invitation to interview followed by a rapid offer of acceptance, and maybe even a high-five.

Got my pre interview rejection yesterday .. sad face.. this was my number 1. Still in the running at other schools. Good luck to those of you still in it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When were you complete?
I was complete early August and I still haven't heard a peep from them. :(

When were you complete?
I was complete early August and I still haven't heard a peep from them. :(

Complete early August as well. Was complete silence until a few days ago.. Good luck I'm sure good news is on the way!

ACCEPTED!! Pending PHS (separate application process). Beyond excited, I love this school!!

Current army MS4. Feel free to ask/PM me any questions.

Did anyone go from Baltimore airport to Bethesda? Can I please have some advice on which routes/transportation to use?

Did anyone go from Baltimore airport to Bethesda? Can I please have some advice on which routes/transportation to use?

If you're using public transit, you can take the 201 bus from BWI (hourly) to Shady Grove metro station, which is the end of the metro line that Bethesda is on. You could also take the MARC train into union station and then come back out on the red line to bethesda. Otherwise uber/cab will be about an hour long ride.

If you're using public transit, you can take the 201 bus from BWI (hourly) to Shady Grove metro station, which is the end of the metro line that Bethesda is on. You could also take the MARC train into union station and then come back out on the red line to bethesda. Otherwise uber/cab will be about an hour long ride.[/QUO
The
If you're using public transit, you can take the 201 bus from BWI (hourly) to Shady Grove metro station, which is the end of the metro line that Bethesda is on. You could also take the MARC train into union station and then come back out on the red line to bethesda. Otherwise uber/cab will be about an hour long ride.
Thank you for your information. Does the 201 bus stop close to the airport? did you use the same route when you go back ? and how long does it take?

Do I need to buy the bus ticket in advance?

Just got the call from Dr. Saguil, couldn't be happier!!

Interview Date: October 5th

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you for your information. Does the 201 bus stop close to the airport? did you use the same route when you go back ? and how long does it take?

201 stops directly at the airport. You can use the same route to get back. I think it's about an hour and a half long trip total? ~1hr bus and ~20min metro, give or take a bit of waiting in between. Main thing to be aware of is that the bus is hourly so you may have to wait a bit if your timing is off. I believe the MARC route might be similar timing, but I'm not as familiar with that option

Do I need to buy the bus ticket in advance?

Nope, you pay on the bus, though I think it is cash only ($5)!

I agree with the other poster and using bus 201 from BWI. That's what I did! It leaves you at a busy metro and is ubering distance from the school, but utilizing the host program would make it much easier.

It was $5 cash and runs every hour I believe. Make sure to ask drivers of buses which are not marked clearly. My bus did not have 201 written on it, but when I asked sure enough that was the correct bus!

Have a great interview! :)

Just found out my interview is tomorrow. For those that have had interviews wha time was the day over by?

Just found out my interview is tomorrow. For those that have had interviews wha time was the day over by?
It depends on the time of your interview but I think everyone was done by 1600 (my last one started at 1530)

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Sorry for the multiple questions and thanks in advance. Anyone have info on parking locations close by. I'm near Baltimore but i plan to drive in instead of taking the metro.

Accepted Army this morning. Interview was Sep 22nd. I hope everyone is doing alright!

Reactions: 3 users
Based on historical threads, its seems as though they're going to be interviewing for the waitlist soon -- does anyone know if this is true or heard anything from admissions at recent interview dates?

Based on historical threads, its seems as though they're going to be interviewing for the waitlist soon -- does anyone know if this is true or heard anything from admissions at recent interview dates?
If it's outside of our control, there's no need to stress about it. usuhs will likely have tons of waitlist movement due to physical no-go's and kids getting cold feet about the .mil service.

Anyone else from 10/5 still waiting to hear something? Should I take it as a bad sign that I haven’t heard yet?

This process is so anxiety producing, haha!

Anyone else from 10/5 still waiting to hear something? Should I take it as a bad sign that I haven’t heard yet?

This process is so anxiety producing, haha!
Same here... however, it sounds like those who interviewed back in September are hearing back this week as well. I guess more patience....

Same here... however, it sounds like those who interviewed back in September are hearing back this week as well. I guess more patience....
I did call USUHS yesterday to ask when I would hear back and they said 6-8 weeks from your interview date seems to be normal, so I think people from October 5th should definitely still be "safe."

I interviewed at the end of September and was just waitlisted. Just a heads up

What date in Sept if you don’t mind me asking? Did they give you any indication when you might find out about waitlist movement?

Sorry for the multiple questions and thanks in advance. Anyone have info on parking locations close by. I'm near Baltimore but i plan to drive in instead of taking the metro.

I think you might be able to request a parking pass for the base, check with admissions (I didn't actually do this myself so I'm not sure how it works). Otherwise I believe the official recommendation is to use one of the parking lots in downtown bethesda and then take the usuhs shuttle from medical center metro station. My pro tip: The NIH visitor lot (literally right at the Medical Center metro station) generally has plenty of spaces and nobody is going to check that you're actually going to the NIH. It's $12 for a full day.

What date in Sept if you don’t mind me asking? Did they give you any indication when you might find out about waitlist movement?

PM me, but there was no indication, i just received a letter in the mail

Yeah thanks for telling us! I interviewed with you that day and still no word...

Congrats to those who got in and good luck to the rest! Everyone I met on my interview day was terrific so it's tough to get a spot but you know your class is going to be made up of great people.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any recommendations for townhouses in this area?