2017-2018 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just checking, was it 7/10 completion? Congratulations!
Oops! I meant to say I was complete on 08/08. I looked at today's date and wrote that down for some reason.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview hold email today that mentioned I would be considered again for an interview from January through march. Does anyone know from previous years the likelihood of getting off this interview hold list? From NorCal and really wanted an interview here :/

When were you complete? I would say a hold is better then a rejection for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
happen to know where we can find a student host for the interview?

happen to know where we can find a student host for the interview?
They said after you schedule your interview date they will reach out to you about two weeks before your interview!

They said after you schedule your interview date they will reach out to you about two weeks before your interview!

Oh ok thanks :) today is my 2 wk mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another question, is 2 weeks enough to prep for this interview or should I reschedule to a later date?

When they screen out pre-secondary, do they send out rejection email? I was verified mid-June, but not secondary yet. (IS, LizzyM~75)

When they screen out pre-secondary, do they send out rejection email? I was verified mid-June, but not secondary yet. (IS, LizzyM~75)
Not necessarily. Last year I submitted my primary for UCD in July and didn't get a secondary until the week of Thanksgiving and subsequent interview in March. Everyone is on their own timeline.

Members don't see this ad :)
I grew up in NorCal but family moved to SoCal a few years ago. 73 LizzyM, still no secondary :/ should I email the adcom to emphasize that I grew up in norcal?

Anyone got the info on how to set up with a student host ?? They said they'll let us know 2 weeks my interview is in like 10 days

Just received an II! From socal, but no ties to norcal. LizzyM: 68

submitted secondary 7/29

Reactions: 2 users
Davis notified me on July 7th that they received my primary, but still no secondary invite. Should I email and ask?

In state, LizzyM = 70.8

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted by secondary + LOR on 8/1, but just received the complete email yesterday. So does that mean yesterday is my actual complete date?

I submitted by secondary + LOR on 8/1, but just received the complete email yesterday. So does that mean yesterday is my actual complete date?

I got my complete email on 8/14 but submitted everything on 8/7. Maybe Davis is a little slower?

I got my complete email on 8/14 but submitted everything on 8/7. Maybe Davis is a little slower?

Yeah Davis seems to be significantly slower for being "Complete". They took about a week to complete my application in mid-July.

I would assume so.

I pressed submit on 7/29 and assigned my letters that day but got the complete e-mail on 7/31

I think it's sent automatically when your 30-day timer hits zero. I was complete on 8/8 and got my email yesterday, 30 days after I got the secondary invite.

I think it's sent automatically when your 30-day timer hits zero. I was complete on 8/8 and got my email yesterday, 30 days after I got the secondary invite.

Nope, that's not it. I have 10 days left on my countdown and got my complete email on 8/14

Nope, that's not it. I have 10 days left on my countdown and got my complete email on 8/14
haha, hypothesis disproved! i guess mine was just coincidence.

Does anyone know what kind of letters should be sent to Davis? I couldn't find anything on MSAR, except "3-6 letters".. Is it the typical 2 science+1 non-science, plus whatever extra ones we feel will help?

Does anyone know what kind of letters should be sent to Davis? I couldn't find anything on MSAR, except "3-6 letters".. Is it the typical 2 science+1 non-science, plus whatever extra ones we feel will help?
Their website doesn't seem to say anything more than "3-6 LORs allowed" so I'd say yes, go with your list. I only have six letters to choose from so I sent them all. Three were academic, one clinical, one community, and one work (I'm nontrad).

I went with 1 science, 1 non-science, 1 clinical, 1 from a graduate level medical research class I TA'd for, and 1 from a former research supervisor --- i'm also nontrad. your standard 2 science, 1 non-science sounds fine though esp if you're traditional

People who've gotten an II, can you see any dates to sign up for? I've been trying to schedule this for several days but still can't see anything.

People who attended the 8/18 interview, how was it?

People who've gotten an II, can you see any dates to sign up for? I've been trying to schedule this for several days but still can't see anything.
There was only two dates to choose from in September when I got my II. I'm sure they will add new ones as they grant more interviews

I realized that maybe because I applied to the 3-year MD program, the II timeline might be different/later. Anyone else doing the 3 year program too?

Anyone else still not even receive a secondary? (IS, LizzyM: 68) Maybe I should take this as a silent rejection :unsure:

Reactions: 3 users
Received an email on 07/07 saying primary app had been received. Still haven't gotten a secondary or email telling me that I they have decided to not move forward with my app. Any suggestions/info?

Anyone else still not even receive a secondary? (IS, LizzyM: 68) Maybe I should take this as a silent rejection :unsure:
I haven't either! I don't think UCD does silent rejections, I got the pre-secondary rejection email on 7/29 last year, but haven't heard anything yet this year since the "we got your primary" email. UCD sends out secondaries until December, so no news is good news at this point. Don't give up hope! :)

Received secondary today. I know that UC Davis pre-screens but how hard is the screen? I am surprised to receive it this early having sent my primary on the day I got my MCAT, which was 2 days ago.

Received secondary today. I know that UC Davis pre-screens but how hard is the screen? I am surprised to receive it this early having sent my primary on the day I got my MCAT, which was 2 days ago.

I think they auto screen some of the secondaries before verification but I'm not sure on what criteria. I received mine within an hour of being verified. LizzyM 71

I think they auto screen some of the secondaries before verification but I'm not sure on what criteria. I received mine within an hour of being verified. LizzyM 71
+1. Got my secondary right away. I am a NorCal native and current resident - I am thinking that had to be a large factor, for me. LM ~68-70.

The beautiful mystery of these pre-screens. I am still patiently waiting for secondaries from UCSF, UCLA, UCSD- not expecting them any time soon since my primary was complete just recently.

The beautiful mystery of these pre-screens. I am still patiently waiting for secondaries from UCSF, UCLA, UCSD- not expecting them any time soon since my primary was complete just recently.
Don't worry I barely got UCSF last week. They'll come!

Had my interview today! I can't share any specifics about the questions asked, but it was a low stress and overall fun experience. Ended up falling in love with the program and the school!

Reactions: 2 users
@maedae17 Same! The chillest II I've had so far. Amazing program, amazing people. I'd love to come back as a student.

Also, lunch was pretty dope (haha, I'm an easy fellow to please).

In love with Davis, I know they said don't get attached to a school but yesterday was quite the experience!

This is super late but I got II on 08/06, secondary submitted 08/05, completed 08/14...Yes! I know this is super weird and I wasn't expecting it....lol