2017-2018 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is super late but I got II on 08/06, secondary submitted 08/05, completed 08/14...Yes! I know this is super weird and I wasn't expecting it....lol

You got an II before you were complete? o_O

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it too late to be expecting a secondary in September?

Reactions: 1 user
Is it too late to be expecting a secondary in September?
Don't lose hope! You can always check last years thread to see if anyone got one in September. UCLA keeps sending out secondaries until Dec/Jan so maybe UCD does as well :)

Hi guys, In regard to the interview, when should we expect email about staying with a host? 1 week before?

I got a response from them 2 days before my interview and my host responded one day before interview. I sent my request as soon as we got interview confirmation (10days before interview). I booked a hotel and ended up canceling my booking when I landed there. My host was very nice though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a response from them 2 days before my interview and my host responded one day before interview. I sent my request as soon as we got interview confirmation (10days before interview). I booked a hotel and ended up canceling my booking when I landed there. My host was very nice though :)

Hi thank you for your response! Should I call them about it because there is a restriction in term of cancellation for my hotel :(! I never received anything regarding staying with a host after registering for the interview also

And if I may ask, how was your interviewing experience?

Hi thank you for your response! Should I call them about it because there is a restriction in term of cancellation for my hotel :(! I never received anything regarding staying with a host after registering for the interview also

And if I may ask, how was your interviewing experience?

They will hit you up 10 days before the interview regarding the student host program and what you need to do. Then they will reach out to you. Based on what interviewers mentioned, not everyone heard back.

I think they auto screen some of the secondaries before verification but I'm not sure on what criteria. I received mine within an hour of being verified. LizzyM 71
I really want to know the pre-screen cuz I got mine a day after verification from AMCAS. My Lizzy M score is in the 60s and I'm out of state... I don't understand... maybe its cuz i'm URM?

II today at 8 pm! Earliest interview date as of this posting is very late October.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any MD/PhD applicants received MD interview without being contacted from the MD/PhD yet?

Any MD/PhD applicants received MD interview without being contacted from the MD/PhD yet?
Same situation, any idea if/when we can still be contacted about MD/PhD?

Any idea if Interview timing affects your chances? I got my ii on July 27, 3 days after completing. Initially scheduled my interview for August but I got rescheduled to mid October. Nothing I can do but i kind of want to know

Any idea if Interview timing affects your chances? I got my ii on July 27, 3 days after completing. Initially scheduled my interview for August but I got rescheduled to mid October. Nothing I can do but i kind of want to know

Did UC Davis force you to reschedule?? That sucks :( at this stage in the app cycle, interviews conducted before winter should be equal imo

Did UC Davis force you to reschedule?? That sucks :( at this stage in the app cycle, interviews conducted before winter should be equal imo

There was an incident during the day of (I was actually checked in, in person). They kindly helped me reschedule but the earliest open date was October 20.

There was an incident during the day of (I was actually checked in, in person). They kindly helped me reschedule but the earliest open date was October 20.

Wow that's crazy, I can't imagine prepping for the whole event and then getting slammed with the cancellation

Wow that's crazy, I can't imagine prepping for the whole event and then getting slammed with the cancellation

Yep. Flew there and all. Happen to know if that reschedule will hurt my chances? Or if interviewing in October a big late?

(Ps. I don't mean to be insensitive to those without IIs YET.)

Last edited:
Same situation, any idea if/when we can still be contacted about MD/PhD?
I think we're just suppose to wait until we're contacted...? But I'm really confused and ended up scheduling a interview date but I'm probably going to have to cancel if its just MD only.

Yep. Flew there and all. Happen to know if that reschedule will hurt my chances? Or if interviewing in October a big late?

(Ps. I don't mean to be insensitive to those without IIs YET.)

I think Davis will already have 1 acceptance wave handed out by October 20 since the first day any school can give out acceptances is Oct 15. It is still early, we are not fighting to interview for a Waitlist spot or anything so it should have minimal impact.

Has anyone received a II that applied to the prime program?

Not that I'm an expert, but I've never heard of such a thing! I hope you weren't coming from too far away? October doesn't seem late to me. Hopefully there's a note on your file about why they had to reschedule you, and you will get bonus points for dealing with it graciously.

If I was verified in June and still haven't received a secondary or a rejection, should I email them or just keep waiting? This is the only UC I'm still waiting on. Thanks.

If I was verified in June and still haven't received a secondary or a rejection, should I email them or just keep waiting? This is the only UC I'm still waiting on. Thanks.
I am in the same boat with UCSF. I say we wait.

Reactions: 1 users

I'm in the same boat with UCSF and UCD lmao x) don't lose hope! Both schools send secondaries through December and neither school does silent rejections.

I'm in the same boat with UCSF and UCD lmao x) don't lose hope! Both schools send secondaries through December and neither school does silent rejections.
I got nothing from UCSF and received a secondary from UCLA in like very late August. So it's about the same for me here. UCD is my top choice, but they have not responded yet (and I submitted that secondary in like mid-July). So hopefully it all goes well for all of us.

I'm in the same boat with UCLA who i've low-key given up on lol. yeah, i agree...i would also just wait. As many have commented on Davis' thread, Davis seems to have an obscure pre-secondary screening process that none of us really know how it works. It's likely not just stats based though as I have a LM in the mid 60s but got a Davis secondary. I think having strong ties to Northern CA is very important for Davis. Last year, some of my SoCal friends who had LM's in the low-to-mid 70s, but had no ties to Norther CA never received a Davis secondary, but got secondaries to all the other UCs. Davis also seems to like non-traditionals according to their MSAR data which shows a pretty large # of 30+ year old students in their entering class.

Has anyone received an interview lately, especially people complete late August? Seems pretty quiet...

Has anyone received an interview lately, especially people complete late August? Seems pretty quiet...
A friend of mine complete mid July-ish received an II this past Wednesday. He said available dates were in November.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

A friend of mine complete mid July-ish received an II this past Wednesday. He said available dates were in November.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

This gives me hope!

I've been complete since 7/27 and have heard nothing. I went to davis as an Undergrad and this is more than a little frustrating

I've been complete since 7/27 and have heard nothing. I went to davis as an Undergrad and this is more than a little frustrating
Same, except I've been done since 7/17 and I also work at UCD...Y do they hate me?

I recently completed my secondary, but submitted without filling out the pre-requisites section...

I was not in the right state of mind apparently and made a huge mistake. The application made it clear that no edits would be allowed after submission. Would this mean I'm automatically rejected? It says my secondary application is not complete because my "prerequisites" status remains as "not complete."

To be clear, I did complete all the pre-requisites listed.

I'm so angry at myself right now. I'm pretty late in the game at this point and was so happy to finally be finished with UCD's essays that I completely forgot to return to the pre-requisites section!!! Ahhh. At least I know not to make this mistake again.

I recently completed my secondary, but submitted without filling out the pre-requisites section...

I was not in the right state of mind apparently and made a huge mistake. The application made it clear that no edits would be allowed after submission. Would this mean I'm automatically rejected? It says my secondary application is not complete because my "prerequisites" status remains as "not complete."

To be clear, I did complete all the pre-requisites listed.

I'm so angry at myself right now. I'm pretty late in the game at this point and was so happy to finally be finished with UCD's essays that I completely forgot to return to the pre-requisites section!!! Ahhh. At least I know not to make this mistake again.
I'm sure you are not the first person to make this kind of administrative error. Just call the admissions office and ask them how to fix it. They are there to help you with this kind of thing.

Thank you @jazzmetal, I think I was being a little paranoid. I sent them an email and left them a voicemail explaining my situation so hopefully they'll be understanding!

How were you able to submit if you didn't complete the prereq section? It says, "YOU MUST SUBMIT A MINIMUM OF ONE ITEM FOR EACH OF THE ABOVE DEFINED REQUIREMENTS TO ACTIVATE THE SUBMIT BUTTON"

I'm sure you are not the first person to make this kind of administrative error. Just call the admissions office and ask them how to fix it. They are there to help you with this kind of thing.

I invite all of those offered an interview at UC Davis to ask some serious questions about the curriculum and the average USMLE Step 1 scores - and fail rates - for UC Davis students. I invite you to also ask about any trends in those scores there may be, up or down. You may find yourselves surprised.

Last edited:
They actually brought it up on their own and talked about how it is one of the highest in Cali

Yes, their 'match' rate is high - and something to be very proud of - but that is distinct from USMLE scores, specifically. I'd be curious to see how comfortable they are discussing what is going on with their curriculum and their licensing exam performance.

Also notice how the match list from last cycle is not published.

Last edited:
Yes, their 'match' rate is high - and something to be very proud of - but that is distinct from USMLE scores, specifically. I'd be curious to see how comfortable they are discussing what is going on with their curriculum and their licensing exam performance.

Also notice how the match list from last cycle is not published.
I think if there's something you would like to say then you should share your opinion lol, a lot of people are not going to go digging, but if there is something you've noticed, I bet a lot of us would be happy to hear it.

Reactions: 8 users
How were you able to submit if you didn't complete the prereq section? It says, "YOU MUST SUBMIT A MINIMUM OF ONE ITEM FOR EACH OF THE ABOVE DEFINED REQUIREMENTS TO ACTIVATE THE SUBMIT BUTTON"

I must've probably filled it in initially thinking I'll go back. When I submitted it, I didn't realize I should double-check the pre-requisites. :(

I invite all of those offered an interview at UC Davis to ask some serious questions about the curriculum and the average USMLE Step 1 scores - and fail rates - for UC Davis students. I invite you to also ask about any trends in those scores there may be, up or down. You may find yourselves surprised.

Could you elaborate? Have they been dropping?

Do you know the answers to those questions?