2017-2018 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We were told once you make your selection, you will be informed within 2-3 weeks which campus you're assigned to. But that at the beginning (this first wave of acceptances), pretty much everyone gets their campus of choice.
Thank you! I forgot what they told us and didn't write it down.

Has anyone received a scholarship, or does that process come later?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My status on the page finally changed to "Your application is under consideration by the screening committee."

Hopefully good news coming soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Did you guys receive that follow-up email telling you to resubmit your acceptance? The one the IT guy mentioned? I'm having email issues, and I'm just wondering if I missed it.

Did you guys receive that follow-up email telling you to resubmit your acceptance? The one the IT guy mentioned? I'm having email issues, and I'm just wondering if I missed it.

Yeah just log back into the portal and re-do it

My status on the page finally changed to "Your application is under consideration by the screening committee."

Hopefully good news coming soon!
Were you complete for this school on 8/10 too? This is great news.

Didn't receive a 2nd email. Went on in and did it though.

Were you complete for this school on 8/10 too? This is great news.

In my tracker I actually have written down it was complete 8/22, but since I never received an email from then that might just have been the date I checked the portal and it said it was complete. So I'd say somewhere between 8/10-8/22!

Do they offer interview before your CASper result becomes available? I have everything sent in but my result for CASper likely won't be out for another 2 weeks.

Deferred today, says my app will remain active during the cycle, anyone know what that means?

Interviewed early September and still no decision yet from UIC... pretty disappointed but still hoping for good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any accepted students received any correspondence other than their acceptance email? The woman who answers the phone at the admissions office told me to expect more emails soon when I called her after being accepted last week.

Have any accepted students received any correspondence other than their acceptance email? The woman who answers the phone at the admissions office told me to expect more emails soon when I called her after being accepted last week.

Not yet, but if someone could chime in here if they do, that would be great! Still super paranoid about my email situation, lol.

I submitted in early July, and my status hasn't changed from, "Your application has been forwarded to the screening committee."
Should I just be patient or is it time to give them a call? Thanks!

Not yet, but if someone could chime in here if they do, that would be great! Still super paranoid about my email situation, lol.

I just want to pay the deposit lol.

I submitted in early July, and my status hasn't changed from, "Your application has been forwarded to the screening committee."
Should I just be patient or is it time to give them a call? Thanks!

The first time I applied I was under review until March and then rejected. There's nothing you can do to expedite your situation so just hang in there!

Anyone else waiting around for more interview dates to open up?

Have any of you accepted folks been able to make the deposit payment yet? The acceptance email said that the payment would open up on the 5th, but I can't seem to find where to make the payment.

Reactions: 2 users
Pre- or post-interview?
Hey sorry for dragging, post interview, haven't heard anyone else getting an email (friend with a 3.98 and 518 hasn't been contacted and interviewed early September) so I think I just got one because I called a couple times asking what I should be expecting since they were having issues and they wrote my AMCAS number down, hoping they just accepted the really good people and are pushing everyone else back to the next round of interviewees when the email system is online

Have any of you accepted folks been able to make the deposit payment yet? The acceptance email said that the payment would open up on the 5th, but I can't seem to find where to make the payment.

no, I have not been able to submit payment either! I'm thinking it will hopefully show up later today :)

Reactions: 4 users
Got an email two days ago about UIC campus housing. Does this mean that I got the Chicago campus? It was also sent to a different email than the one I have used for AMCAS and all my med school stuff, so that's kind of strange.

Got an email two days ago about UIC campus housing. Does this mean that I got the Chicago campus? It was also sent to a different email than the one I have used for AMCAS and all my med school stuff, so that's kind of strange.

I got that too, and it also went to a different email but I was hoping it was because I added that email as a change within the portal. Did you do anything like that?

I got that too, and it also went to a different email but I was hoping it was because I added that email as a change within the portal. Did you do anything like that?
Nope, I really have no idea how they would have gotten this other email that the housing email was sent to

Same! I have no idea how they sent it to that email because I never put it in AMCAS or the UIC portal.....

Illuminati confirmed.

Does anyone know if they accept updates or has anyone sent one? I recently had a paper published and would like to inform them. Thanks!

Does anyone know if they accept updates or has anyone sent one? I recently had a paper published and would like to inform them. Thanks!
They do accept updates, I think you email them to the admissions committee or maybe just Leila. I had an update about a week after my interview and I sent an email to Leila telling her and the committee about it. I got accepted, so I guess it worked okay

They do accept updates, I think you email them to the admissions committee or maybe just Leila. I had an update about a week after my interview and I sent an email to Leila telling her and the committee about it. I got accepted, so I guess it worked okay
Congrats on your acceptance! I haven't been invited for an interview yet, but I think I will send the update! Thanks

Any accepted students hear anything about when we can submit our payments? Just called the office but no answer

Hello all,

I have a Q which may be a bit stupid, but I don't know ppl who attended so I can't just ask them...

Basically, I'm confused about the research at UI. I know they do a lot of it, but I am confused about partaking it. I see on their website there are multiple different programs (IMED, GMED, etc.), but my impression is that these programs must be joined BEFORE matriculation. What about a regular matriculant like me? Can I also participate in research opportunities at UI?

Most schools do have scholarly/research components that students can/must partake in, but I don't seem to see that anywhere online for UI... :/

Interviewing at rockford on Nov 8th! Any advice from those accepted?

Interviewing at rockford on Nov 8th! Any advice from those accepted?

Be nice and smile. Don't freak out and sweat profusely. Don't pull out your phone and text incessantly. Don't **** talk other schools when there is faculty outside the room. Don't arrive late. Come with questions for students. Dress to impress.

If you caught on, those are all things I saw some people do the opposite...so yeah don't be them lol.

Last edited:
So did everyone accepted get that email from UIC's financial aid office? It said that your login would be sent later this week, but if you are in the Illinois system (UIUC, UIC, UIS), then I think your undergrad login will work, which was the case for me. The portal shows Chicago as my selected campus, so I'm guessing the preference went through?

As an aside, it tickles me to see my UIN from all the way back from 2009 back in action, lol. It also cracks me up that the portal combines my undergrad years, current med school "enrollment", and all my timesheets from my current (remote) job with UIUC. All of my worlds are crashing together!

So did everyone accepted get that email from UIC's financial aid office? It said that your login would be sent later this week, but if you are in the Illinois system (UIUC, UIC, UIS), then I think your undergrad login will work, which was the case for me. The portal shows Chicago as my selected campus, so I'm guessing the preference went through?

As an aside, it tickles me to see my UIN from all the way back from 2009 back in action, lol. It also cracks me up that the portal combines my undergrad years, current med school "enrollment", and all my timesheets from my current (remote) job with UIUC. All of my worlds are crashing together!
I was accepted back on the 26th and said yes and all of that (still haven't paid the deposit, but only because I don't think you can yet) and I didn't get this email. When did you get it?

I was accepted back on the 26th and said yes and all of that (still haven't paid the deposit, but only because I don't think you can yet) and I didn't get this email. When did you get it?
I didn't get this email either. Was accepted that week as well.

@UICitGuy I think a number of us are still unable to pay the deposit on the new portal. Any updates? We were told that we only have until 11/9 to pay it.

I still have my iCard from undergrad. Man I was goofy lookin back then. Also, silence since the acceptance

Hmmm...so it's a little bizarre that some of us have been getting those financial aid emails, etc. and others haven't. I didn't receive the email saying that we don't need to pay our deposit anymore, so... Was there any other info in there?

Any of you guys remember when they are telling us campus location? I went searching and it looks like ~Nov 9th was when they started popping up on SDN last year.