2017-2018 University of Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I tried submitting an update after my interview, and they basically said they won't be responsible for updating our files unless they specifically request the update. I kinda took that as don't bother us with unsolicited updates.:shrug:
'
They told us at our interview that they don’t accept updates unless they specially ask for them

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree. They even says on the waitlist email that we would be getting our ranks the last week of April and since yesterday was the last day they meet for the month of only makes sense they released ranks today. You never know though
Last year thread seems like they heard after 2 pm.. everyone cross your fingers!

Reactions: 2 users
They told us at our interview that they don’t accept updates unless they specially ask for them
whelp looks like they left that out at ours (would have saved me an awkward email) haha. Oh well, it was awhile ago - hopefully, they forgot about my attempt.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I had uploaded one to the secondary application in the portal a few weeks back.. they may look at that more than email updates.
I agree. They even says on the waitlist email that we would be getting our ranks the last week of April and since yesterday was the last day they meet for the month of only makes sense they released ranks today. You never know though

I called back just to confirm this. They said they are definitely posting rankings next week. I was like, "but the email said this week." They said that they initially were planning on this week, but they are behind on things and will be planning for next week. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 4 users
I called back just to confirm this. They said they are definitely posting rankings next week. I was like, "but the email said this week." They said that they initially were planning on this week, but they are behind on things and will be planning for next week. Hope this helps.
:( Okay thank you for checking!

Waitlist rankings are posted!
I'm in the middle third :nailbiting:

Waitlist posted! Top 1/3! I'm very happy right now but I should really try to contain my excitement since there's no guarantees:/

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlist posted! Top 1/3! I'm very happy right now but I should really try to contain my excitement since there's no guarantees:/
That's excellent news, congrats! Not to get you too excited but they told us at our interview that everyone gets accepted off the top third. I'm just more nervous now because middle third is a toss up.

Same!! In both respects

That's excellent news, congrats! Not to get you too excited but they told us at our interview that everyone gets accepted off the top third. I'm just more nervous now because middle third is a toss up.
I think if last year is a very good predictor of this cycle, you probably have a very good chance! Here's hoping for good news next week!!

That's excellent news! Not to get you too excited but they told us at our interview that everyone gets accepted off the top third. I'm just more nervous now because middle third is a toss up.

Well fingers crossed! Best of luck to you! hopefully a lot of people drop their acceptances:)

I think if last year is a very good predictor of this cycle, you probably have a very good chance! Here's hoping for good news next week!!
Well fingers crossed! Best of luck to you! hopefully a lot of people drop their acceptances:)
I agree! I think with the IS waitlist being separate from OOS and there only being two MD schools in Kentucky, I'm cautiously optimistic. Good luck to you as well!

I agree! I think with the IS waitlist being separate from OOS and there only being two MD schools in Kentucky, I'm cautiously optimistic. Good luck to you as well!

I looked at the 2014-2015 cycle thread too help ease my anxiety a month or so back (didn't help btw) and they accepted people form the middle third before some in the top third. So you never know haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I looked at the 2014-2015 cycle thread too help ease my anxiety a month or so back (didn't help btw) and they accepted people form the middle third before some in the top third. So you never know haha
Well that's definitely encouraging! Haha I can't tell you how many times I've looked at previous year's threads only to find myself more anxious

Sorry for leading everyone astray yesterday. They really told me they wouldn't be releasing until next week. I got middle third! I wonder what they are looking for when they pick people off. Seems like last year they picked from the middle and top third at random.

Sorry for leading everyone astray yesterday. They really told me they wouldn't be releasing until next week. I got middle third! I wonder what they are looking for when they pick people off. Seems like last year they picked from the middle and top third at random.
No big deal, it happens! Honestly, it was a pleasant surprise for them being released today. I always just assumed they went down the rankings when accepting people off the waitlist

Don’t feel bad!! It was a good surprise for the day and out of your control!!

I got top third for OOS! I’m rooting for all of us!

Reactions: 3 users
I got middle third. Does anyone know if you're allowed to reapply while you are on the waitlist?

Withdrew my OOS acceptance today!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON WAITLISTS

Can anyone comment on how long the waitlist is for IS?
Thanks!

According to last years thread, people moved off the wait list by May 2nd! Hopefully, we will get emails starting tomorrow? What do you guys think?

According to last years thread, people moved off the wait list by May 2nd! Hopefully, we will get emails starting tomorrow? What do you guys think?
May 2nd was Tuesday last year, so we may start hearing today

Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone comment on how long the waitlist is for IS?
Thanks!

Can't tell you that for certain because they don't release that but on the MSAR it says the waitlist is usually 100-120 people long including OOS.

Accepted via email!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group?

Accepted off the top 3rd OOS waitlist today at 3:30pm eastern time!!!

For those of you accepted off the waitlist, did it give you a time period to accept your offer?

I know the AAMC website says applicants holding offers have 5 days to respond after the April 30 deadline and that the school can enact school specific procedures, so I'm just trying to figure out if we can expect more waitlist movement after May 5.

For those of you accepted off the waitlist, did it give you a time period to accept your offer?

I know the AAMC website says applicants holding offers have 5 days to respond after the April 30 deadline and that the school can enact school specific procedures, so I'm just trying to figure out if we can expect more waitlist movement after May 5.
They gave me until next Tuesday to respond, so it must be 5 business days. Hopefully there's more movement after the 8th!

Has anyone who is (IS middle third) heard back yet?

Has anyone who is (IS middle third) heard back yet?
I am IS middle third and have not heard back yet. Stressing!! I don't know when we should expect to hear back.

According to last years thread people who were IS middle third heard back on May 5th. Hopefully hear some news soon!

According to last years thread people who were IS middle third heard back on May 5th. Hopefully hear some news soon!
I'm IS top third and still haven't heard back:/

I'm withdrawing my acceptance here today (IS). It was a difficult decision, but I really hope there's more good news for you all soon!

Last edited:
It seems like this years waitlist is moving quite a bit slower than the previous years. I will still be holding out as long possible though

It seems like this years waitlist is moving quite a bit slower than the previous years. I will still be holding out as long possible though
I wonder if they're sending acceptances off the waitlist in waves? Maybe they're waiting to hear back from the first wave before moving on to the second wave?

It seems really strange that there hasn't been any IS movement on this thread since May 1. I'm beginning to get very nervous lol

I wonder if they're sending acceptances off the waitlist in waves? Maybe they're waiting to hear back from the first wave before moving on to the second wave?

It seems really strange that there hasn't been any IS movement on this thread since May 1. I'm beginning to get very nervous lol
It does seem odd the Facebook page looks like it's growing steadily though so idk if it's in waves. Since today was the decision day for the first round of acceptances from the waitlist I'll wait till tomorrow to see if anything happens.

It does seem odd the Facebook page looks like it's growing steadily though so idk if it's in waves. Since today was the decision day for the first round of acceptances from the waitlist I'll wait till tomorrow to see if anything happens.
I didn't even consider looking at the facebook group lol. But you're right, the facebook groups are growing for both UK and UL. However, some of the more recent names added to the UL facebook page I recognize as current students, so the increase may just be that. No doubt the waitlist is moving slower than last year, but this slow just seems odd.

Accepted IS top 1/3!! Bless!