2020-2021 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone trying to decide between here and UK? Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this or on ULSOM in general!
They're both great options. At the end of the day, it depends on where you want to go to school. Personally, if I had the option I would pick UKSOM. They're ranked higher as a medical school and they have 4 great campus sites, where you can choose a larger city or smaller community setting (if you're interested in that). UK also has amazing clinical rotation sites throughout Kentucky. ULSOM does as well but I read Louisville nearly lost accreditation just a few years ago for “not having enough seats for the amount of students.” I heard they fixed that issue but for me, I think UK might be the safer option in terms of residency placement. Look at everything before making a decision. Good luck!!
 
Just an FYI the FB group has been created. Just search University of Louisville School of Medicine Class of 2025
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why is that?
Because people rather attend their state school since in state tuition is cheaper. Right now, lots of people are on the WL for their in state school, and if they get off of that WL, they are more likely to withdraw their acceptance from here (or any other out of state school they got accepted to)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad