2020-2021 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted this morning!!!! I am over the moon excited šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know whether or not they are close to filling the class, or when they typically do? I am interviewing on December 17th and this is one of my top schools! Thanks :)

Does anyone know whether or not they are close to filling the class, or when they typically do? I am interviewing on December 17th and this is one of my top schools! Thanks :)
They interview till mid-February

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invite this morning. There were openings Dec 15, 17, and Jan 6. I am really hopeful that they are holding these interview dates with plenty of open spots in the class. Not sure if/when they add more dates.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed this morning and was told that the class is filling up and they are slowing down on admissions but will still be interviewing through Feb. They also mentioned that they always oversubscribe and pull many people from the waitlist each year.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed this morning and was told that the class is filling up and they are slowing down on admissions but will still be interviewing through Feb. They also mentioned that they always oversubscribe and pull many people from the waitlist each year.
Did they happen to specify on how much they've filled up? And when you say they're slowing down on admissions, do you mean that they're going to be wait listing more people until they get a full picture of the applicant pool? I interview next Thursday so I'm a bit concerned

Did they happen to specify on how much they've filled up? And when you say they're slowing down on admissions, do you mean that they're going to be wait listing more people until they get a full picture of the applicant pool? I interview next Thursday so I'm a bit concerned
She didnā€™t specify, thatā€™s word for word what she said :/ the way she said they were filling up and then mentioned the waitlist right after made me think she was implying that most of us would be waitlisted and not to be surprised if we didnā€™t get an acceptance right away.
So I would think that theyā€™re waitlisting more people until they have a fuller picture.

Does anyone know if a Facebook group is made for accepted students to help find potential roommates and connect with future classmates? I've already started to look at apartments for Louisville lol

Does anyone know if a Facebook group is made for accepted students to help find potential roommates and connect with future classmates? I've already started to look at apartments for Louisville loll
If you find out please lmk because Iā€™m doing the same! Lol

Attachments

• 33991E92-AC12-4C41-AF9F-2897D84CF640.jpeg
    33991E92-AC12-4C41-AF9F-2897D84CF640.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 233
nope they accept them, i emailed them this week and they added it to my file, the next day i got an ii!
Just curious if anyone knows if this is actually true or not/has sent updates? Hopefully not a troll, but since it says they don't, Scared to send one in and look like a dumb*ss

Edit: to remove profanity bc asterisked it lol

Last edited:
Just curious if anyone knows if this is actually true or not/has sent updates? Hopefully not a troll, but since it says they don't, Scared to send one in and look like a dumb*ss

Edit: to remove profanity bc asterisked it ol

I havenā€™t yet but Iā€™m planning on sending one this week.

I sent one yesterday (Monday), and the admissions office responded "Thank you for your update and continued interest in the UofL School of Medicine." Took that as a sign that they do take them after all

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent one yesterday (Monday), and the admissions office responded "Thank you for your update and continued interest in the UofL School of Medicine." Took that as a sign that they do take them after all
Amazing, thank you! I figured it was true, but wanted some reassurance

lol im not a troll, they accepted it

• Love
I'm OOS and received an interview invite early this month, but I do have strong ties to the state of Kentucky so not sure if that matters at all!
Can I ask for your stats and when you were complete?

Sure! Pretty sure that I was complete late July/early August. 3.95 cGPA, 3.85 sGPA. 508 mcat.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but anyone know if Louisville accepts updates pre-II? I couldn't find any info online either way

I asked the admin office and this was their response!
It normally gets created around February by the current M1 class (class above you). I am a current M1 (OOS) so if y'all have questions feel free to message me (though I am no help with admissions questions).

Has anyone received an II for the Trover campus? I just received one today and was hoping for some insight on how the interview is

Waitlisted this morning! Does anyone know if they rank the waitlist or notify you of your position on the list anymore?

Waitlisted this morning! Does anyone know if they rank the waitlist or notify you of your position on the list anymore?
Hi! I don't believe the waitlist is ranked. I think that they re-evaluate the class and pull from the waitlist in early May. If you don't mind me asking- when did you interview and for what campus?

any new updates? I love Louisville and stressed I still have not heard back from them yet! I know that they interview till end of Feb. Have any new II gone out with January/February dates?

you interviewed and were waitlisted in the same week. That is the fastest turn around I have heard of!

Waitlisted this morning. Interviewed mid December. OOS with strong ties.

Hi! I don't believe the waitlist is ranked. I think that they re-evaluate the class and pull from the waitlist in early May. If you don't mind me asking- when did you interview and for what campus?
Thank you! I interviewed on Dec 3rd for main campus but am interviewing later this month for the Trover campus

you interviewed and were waitlisted in the same week. That is the fastest turn around I have heard of!
The response I got today was from my interview for the main campus back on Dec 3rd! I interview later this month for Trover

Yā€™all think I have any shot of receiving any financial aid from Louisville being an OOS student? They are just sooooooo expensive. The fact that only unsubsidized positions are offered for OOS applicants is really hurting my bank account...

Reactions: 1 users
Yā€™all think I have any shot of receiving any financial aid from Louisville being an OOS student? They are just sooooooo expensive. The fact that only unsubsidized positions are offered for OOS applicants is really hurting my bank account...
I FEEL YOU. They said they would be emailing out scholarship stuff by the end of January but I haven't heard anything, so I'm gonna wait til next week before I start emailing them. I would hope they have some funds for some of us OOS people, even if it covers the difference between IS/OOS tuition...

• Love
Has anyone heard back about scholarships? I know they said end of the month but I havenā€™t heard anything from them.

Has anyone heard back about scholarships? I know they said end of the month but I havenā€™t heard anything from them.
I havenā€™t heard anything either. Also, piggy backing off the scholarship topic, does anyone know if those in the Trover track get any special scholarships?

Anyone who has been accepted to the Trover track:
How long did you wait to hear back from them? Do they send you a separate email or is your acceptance sent through normal UofL admissions on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays?

Just wondering what to expect because I read in previous forums that a few people never heard back from them either way but I donā€™t know if they were accepted to main campus or what.

Also OOS and waitlisted... do you know when we can expect to hear? Not sure if it's rolling as spots become available or maybe if it is after May 1?
My guess is it's on a rolling basis. I expect a wave of people being pulled from the waitlist in mid to late April when people have to limit their acceptances.