2021-2022 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an email that my application was "under continued review". Is that a hold or just not an R yet?

Reactions: 2 users
I too received this email, I think that means we are still being looked at so just not an R yet.

Just got that email as well! I am so relieved, very considerate of them....

I also got this email. What is the difference between a hold and a “not R”?

I just received an email that my application was "under continued review". Is that a hold or just not an R yet?
Same... at least I'm under review and not rejected. Here's to sitting on the edge of my seat until the first week of Fed?

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same thing. I think it's basically an interview WL. I took it as a soft R unless they can't find better candidates, then they may consider us.

Got an email that my application was under continued review. I was complete in mid August. I don’t see the point of this email

Got an email that my application was under continued review. I was complete in mid August. I don’t see the point of this email
It's better than silence/nothing. I went through last year's thread, and nobody posted receiving anything of the sort... but they had received an email saying that no decision has been made.
EDIT: went through the 2019 thread (it's a slow Friday) and it seems that the "no decision" email is for those who have already interviewed. Saw no posts about the "continued review" email there either. It may be something new this year?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also received the "continued review" email today. OOS applicant, so I felt like this was a kind way of saying that I could *maybe* be considered for an interview depending on how IS/really strong ties OOS interviews went? Agree with above responses- better than silence but trying to remain realistic.
I always appreciate when a school sends an update tho, makes it feel a little less like I am floating in ~The Void~,

Reactions: 1 users
I’m not sure if this has changed from last year but the day after every committee meeting they would send out emails to everyone who has interviewed. Either acceptance, rejection, waitlist, or “has not made a decision on your file.” Maybe they changed the wording. But basically means they didn’t get to discuss your application yet. Nothing bad! Likely will get to you all at the next meeting.

I’m not sure if this has changed from last year but the day after every committee meeting they would send out emails to everyone who has interviewed. Either acceptance, rejection, waitlist, or “has not made a decision on your file.” Maybe they changed the wording. But basically means they didn’t get to discuss your application yet. Nothing bad! Likely will get to you all at the next meeting.
Lol wait idk if y’all meant you had interviewed or not. So ignore me if this doesn’t apply

Interview invite received today. IS submitted around 8/10 or so.

• Love
Still nervously refreshing my email. Anyone who received the "continued review" hear back yet?

II OOS two days ago! No connections to KY at all, LM 70, ORM, talked a lot about community service in my secondaries. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

II OOS two days ago! No connections to KY at all, LM 70, ORM, talked a lot about community service in my secondaries. Good luck to everyone this cycle!
If you don't mind could you share your complete date?

That is awesome! Best of luck on your interview, you got this!

Got the acceptance email and call yesterday!! I absolutely loved my interview day here (interviewed 9/2). Undergrad gpa: 3.6, grad gpa: 4.0, MCAT 506, strong public health focus in my research and volunteering. I think they definitely do a holistic review. Good luck to everyone with upcoming interview days!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got the acceptance email and call yesterday!! I absolutely loved my interview day here (interviewed 9/2). Undergrad gpa: 3.6, grad gpa: 4.0, MCAT 506, strong public health focus in my research and volunteering. I think they definitely do a holistic review. Good luck to everyone with upcoming interview days!
Congrats on your acceptance! Are you IS?

Any IS people here who thought they would get an interview still waiting? Complete 9/4 and nothing :/

Any OOS II recently? I rec'd the "continued review" email a while back, but radio silence since then. Does anyone know if they send a formal R if we are no longer under review? Secondary completed 7/20. 😥

• Care
Any OOS II recently? I rec'd the "continued review" email a while back, but radio silence since then. Does anyone know if they send a formal R if we are no longer under review? Secondary completed 7/20. 😥
Nope not here.... I'm in the same boat. They've been great with communicating our status so don't think they'll leave us in the dark. Hoping for the best for us!

• Care
Nothing on my end either. OOS and strong ties. Apparently they continue to interview relatively late into the season. I talked to someone (OOS, high stats) last year who said they interviewed in December. They got their notification sometime in mid-November. I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

Accepted today 10/27.
II: 9/23

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Also accepted today! Interviewed 9/21!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hoping to interview here, looks like it's slow going. Complete 9/8!

My understanding was we have to pay a 100 dollar fee to hold our spit. Has anyone accepted paid this yet. I accepted my spot but haven't received an Email about this payment yet. Is it in the applicant portal somewhere and I just missed it?

My understanding was we have to pay a 100 dollar fee to hold our spit.
Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
My understanding was we have to pay a 100 dollar fee to hold our spit. Has anyone accepted paid this yet. I accepted my spot but haven't received an Email about this payment yet. Is it in the applicant portal somewhere and I just missed it?
You got 14 days evidently - I’d call em to make sure

False. I am accepted as well and emailed to ask. There is no seat deposit required. The information about that is on MSAR as well.

Accepted today (11/10)! Interviewed on 10/19.

• Love
Acceptance e-mail today!!!

* OOS, strong ties, non-traditional applicant (non-science B.A. for undergrad, went back to school, now married with kids, etc.)
* MCAT: 51x
* Overall GPA: 3.8x
* Science GPA: 3.9x
* Lots of volunteer/shadowing/employment experiences with underserved groups in medical and non-medical settings (which I think they really liked)
* Interview Date: 10/21/21

So excited!!! And good luck to everyone else waiting for their decisions. Hope you get news back soon. :)

• Love
WOW what a fantastic profile. Congratulations to you and to everyone else recently accepted!

Can someone who has insight into this school give me their reasons for choosing this school? I live in Kentucky and have acceptances at U of L and Northern Kentucky University/UK regional medical campus. I am wondering what the vibe is here. Are students competitive or supportive? Tell me why you are going here.

Incoming MS-1 here who will be lurking around if anyone has questions about the application process. I was just in your shoes and it can be a long, complicated process but just have faith. Good luck everyone :)
Can someone who has insight into this school give me their reasons for choosing this school? I live in Kentucky and have acceptances at U of L and Northern Kentucky University/UK regional medical campus. I am wondering what the vibe is here. Are students competitive or supportive? Tell me why you are going here.