2021-2022 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @NeuroticViking for sharing this year's questions!

2021-2022 Louisville Secondary Essay Prompts:

1) Why are you choosing to apply to the University of Louisville School of Medicine? (500 characters)

2) How well did your high school prepare you for college? (500 characters)

3) What determined your choice of college(s)? (500 characters)

4) How do you assess your college record? (500 characters)

5) Please describe any circumstances adversely affecting your academic performance while in college. (500 characters)

6) Describe your most significant personal accomplishments and/or experiences and how these may relate to your potential to contribute to the medical community. (1000 characters)

7) What has been your most significant contribution to your community, through service or volunteerism? What was its impact on the community and on you? (1000 characters)

8) How have your cultural experiences shaped the way you see yourself contributing to the medical field and strengthened your ability to provide equitable care for a diverse patient population? (1000 characters)

9) (Optional) List and describe any additional experiences, interests, hobbies, or skills not included in other areas of your application or that you have completed since submitting your AMCAS application. (500 characters)

10) How has the pandemic affected the way you view the healthcare system and/or see yourself contributing to the medical field? (1000 characters)

11) Discuss briefly why you have decided to pursue medicine and how your personal characteristics align with those you believe are most needed by physicians. (500 characters)

12) Practice after residency: How do you see yourself practicing medicine after residency training? (Please include choice of medical practice and location). (500 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone know when UL sends out the first secondaries? Are they generally the same year to year?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the prompts?
1) Why are you choosing to apply to the University of Louisville School of Medicine? (500)

2) How well did your high school prepare you for college? (500)

3) What determined your choice of college(s)? (500)

4) How do you assess your college record? (500)

5) Please describe any circumstances adversely affecting your academic performance while in college. (500)

6) Describe your most significant personal accomplishments and/or experiences and how these may relate to your potential to contribute to the medical community. (1000)

7) What has been your most significant contribution to your community, through service or volunteerism? What was its impact on the community and on you? (1000)

8) How have your cultural experiences shaped the way you see yourself contributing to the medical field and strengthened your ability to provide equitable care for a diverse patient population? (1000)

9) List and describe any additional experiences, interests, hobbies, or skills not included in other areas of your application or that you have completed since submitting your AMCAS application. (500) (Optional)

10) How has the pandemic affected the way you view the healthcare system and/or see yourself contributing to the medical field? (1000)

11) Discuss briefly why you have decided to pursue medicine and how your personal characteristics align with those you believe are most needed by physicians. (500)

12) Practice after residency: How do you see yourself practicing medicine after residency training? (Please include choice of medical practice and location). (500)

I should also mention that those are characters not words, made that mistake before

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Any current students able to speak on the school environment? This school is pretty close to where I live, and judging from their humble website design, it doesn't seem like they prioritize being flashy (which is nice). How much effort do they put into primary care and what kinds of outreach do they do? How welcoming and supportive are admins? How important is it to them that applicants fit their mission? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
"4) How do you assess your college record? (500)"

Anybody care to share how they are answering this question? Are they wanting to know on what basis you assess a college record?... Or how you personally feel that you did in college?

"4) How do you assess your college record? (500)"

Anybody care to share how they are answering this question? Are they wanting to know on what basis you assess a college record?... Or how you personally feel that you did in college?
Probably the latter.

Bruh why is this secondary so long

Reactions: 4 users
adding info and following for II updates. OOS (but indiana with direct family ties to the louisville area) received a secondary 7/9 / submitted same day / completion email 7/12.

Incoming MS-1 here who will be lurking around if anyone has questions about the application process. I was just in your shoes and it can be a long, complicated process but just have faith. Good luck everyone :)

Has anyone received an interview invite? Or know when they sent out interview invites last year?

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite received and interview scheduled for 8/31!! Regular decision

• Love
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Are the interviews for Louisville in-person or over zoom?
Interviews are virtual again this year

Thanks! My stats are nothing great, but I'm non-traditional so my experiences are a bit different than the norm. Second time applying. Last year I was waitlisted at UL
Undergrad gpa: <3.0
Post-bacc: ~3.7
MCAT: 507

Reactions: 2 users
Interviews are virtual again this year

Thanks! My stats are nothing great, but I'm non-traditional so my experiences are a bit different than the norm. Second time applying. Last year I was waitlisted at UL
Undergrad gpa: <3.0
Post-bacc: ~3.7
MCAT: 507
When you reapplied did you use say essays and PS or did you write different entries?

Has anyone else received an interview invite for regular decision? Feels a little stagnant.

Has anyone else received an interview invite for regular decision? Feels a little stagnant.
I'm OOS RD, and haven't heard anything after secondary submission. Either they haven't sent anything out recently, or they have but the "recipients" aren't on SDN or haven't posted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm OOS RD, and haven't heard anything after secondary submission. Either they haven't sent anything out recently, or they have but the "recipients" aren't on SDN or haven't posted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They're usually behind from what I have heard. I can't figure out if they are reviewing applications daily or if they're meeting every T/Th or something. :/

They're usually behind from what I have heard. I can't figure out if they are reviewing applications daily or if they're meeting every T/Th or something. :/
I know two people here posted their II's, one ED and one RD. But yeah, it's been quiet after that... Are you IS/OOS?

II invite today at 3:00pm.
9/23 and 9/30 were the options

virtual

• Love
Completed the secondary in mid July, no word yet. OOS, though.

Does anyone know if I have a chance of getting an ii here? I filled out the secondary in mid July

II received on 8/30, scheduled for 9/21. In state and regular decision

• Love
II received on 8/30, scheduled for 9/21. In state and regular decision
Congrats! What day were you complete and what were your stats? Best of luck for your upcoming interview!!! \(^o^)/

II today. Complete 9/15. OOS but strong ties. LM 64.

Reactions: 2 users