2020-2021 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone thinking they may send out some acceptances today??

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted via email!!! So excited!!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!! Incredibly excited! (email) Interviewed on 8/27

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted - email this morning interviewed on 9/17

II just now (OOS with ties)! They are scheduling for November so not too far out like other schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys I decided to add this school to my list, I am working on this question:
“what career(s) would you consider if you could not be a physician and why?” Is this a trick question, I don’t know how I should answer it. Can current medical students or those who completed this question help me. Thank you

Hi guys I decided to add this school to my list, I am working on this question:
“what career(s) would you consider if you could not be a physician and why?” Is this a trick question, I don’t know how I should answer it. Can current medical students or those who completed this question help me. Thank you
Haven't been invited for an interview, so take it with a grain of salt I guess, but I tried to incorporate the qualities I love about being a physician/my passions in X career, but also mentioned what it decidedly lacks that being a physician doesn't. I think if you have a unique passion in something else it wouldn't be a bad idea to mention it. Don't think it's a trick question, just trying to learn more about you.

Haven't been invited for an interview, so take it with a grain of salt I guess, but I tried to incorporate the qualities I love about being a physician/my passions in X career, but also mentioned what it decidedly lacks that being a physician doesn't. I think if you have a unique passion in something else it wouldn't be a bad idea to mention it. Don't think it's a trick question, just trying to learn more about you.
Thank you

Hi I’m currently ready to submit my secondary but it says “an error occurred. Please retry or contact support”
Has anyone experienced this problem?

Hi I’m currently ready to submit my secondary but it says “an error occurred. Please retry or contact support”
Has anyone experienced this problem?

I had the same problem -- try a different browser and it should work!

just completed my secondary here, hope its not too late!

Hi, for anyone that has been accepted can you answer this question? When do we need to have the background check complete by? After accepting the offer of admission, I was told that I would receive an email from the company who does the background checks but I have yet to get it. I am assuming that this is done later, but I want to be sure.

Has anyone gotten acceptance emails yet this morning?

Any new II sent out? Is Louisville cycle later than most other programs

Accepted this morning! Interview 10/1

Accepted OOS 10/6 interviewer
LM ~67-68

• Care
Hi, for anyone that has been accepted can you answer this question? When do we need to have the background check complete by? After accepting the offer of admission, I was told that I would receive an email from the company who does the background checks but I have yet to get it. I am assuming that this is done later, but I want to be sure.
I haven't gotten an email from the company yet either. I think it'll come later

does anyone who has interview mind sharing their experience? How is the format? Do they just want to get to know you or have more specific questions? Thanks in advance!

does anyone who has interview mind sharing their experience? How is the format? Do they just want to get to know you or have more specific questions? Thanks in advance!
My interview experience was pretty straight forward and incredibly calm. It's open file but they shield any grades or scores so they have traditional interview questions woven in but can pull from your primary/secondary responses or propose scenarios or anything really. Both of mine were very conversational (with both them asking me questions and me asking them questions) and it seemed like time flew by because of how engaging it was. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Received my Acceptance Call this morning
10/22 interview

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
OOS Acceptance email received just now! (interviewed 10/20)

Edit: Received confirmation call ~45 min later

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Holy moly, accepted via email! Interviewed 11/05.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got the “no decision has been made” email today. Should I just take it as a rejection? I really don’t see myself getting the acceptance here.

Got the “no decision has been made email” today. Should I just take it as a rejection? I really don’t see myself getting the acceptance here.
The "no decision" email just means they didn't get to your application during their meeting. There's definitely a reason why the email explicitly tells you it's not an acceptance, rejection or WL lol. I got one two weeks ago and got accepted today, so just stay positive for that A in another couple of weeks!

• Care
any new II sent out recently. completed 8/18

ii! 4.0/511, oos no ties! complete 8/5

• Care
II today. OOS but live in the Louisville area. Secondary complete on 9/9. 3.9/511