2017-2018 University of Nevada - Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No rank and the email explicitly said don't call and ask about it.

Gosh, well that isn't even that helpful, lol............

Members don't see this ad.

Well, if they did make phone calls this morning and are now sending out waitlist emails and I haven't gotten one, should I assume that I'm going to be rejected? Lol

Well, if they did make phone calls this morning and are now sending out waitlist emails and I haven't gotten one, should I assume that I'm going to be rejected?

haha, I have just given up at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, if they did make phone calls this morning and are now sending out waitlist emails and I haven't gotten one, should I assume that I'm going to be rejected? Lol

I think my chances of winning the lottery are better than getting into UNLV at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
A new member was added to the 2022 class facebook group within the last few hours.

So all the acceptances and waitlists have gone out I guess... leaving rejections for the rest of us lol

A new member was added to the 2022 class facebook group within the last few hours.
The one student who was added to the FB group was accepted months ago. Does anyone know of someone who has received a call today?

The one student who was added to the FB group was accepted months ago. Does anyone know of someone who has received a call today?

hahahahahahahahah, this is just getting ridiculous. I am gonna go have a beer or something.............

sandiegokid, My guess is that it probably did happen. Someone is gonna confirm it in the next few hours/days.

Another person was added to the FB group

What a joke. UNLV has been playing us all for months telling us we have a chance. Theyre never clear when rounds of acceptances go out. We have to rely on rumors of when someone on sdn heard their friend of a friend got accepted. We only know when a acceptance goes out when someone posts a rumor about a committee date or a friend being accepted. Most schools let you know within 2-3 weeks of the interview and will clearly tell you that. Here were sitting knowing nothing. Its like my life is just being toyed with. Were told we have a chance every round and its better for us but I think it just helps them because it helps them compare all applicants against each other. It doesn't help me move on with my life either way. I mean if I have 0 chance why not just reject me post interview instead of keeping me hanging.

I think they are just too inexperienced and disorganized in their admission process. Totally true, the only way I ever find out anything is when a first year says that someone got added to the fb group. I mean the wait lists are not ranked? Don’t call to find out more? I think I put too much into Unlv. I guess today is the day to give it all up.

Yeah I don’t think it’s on purpose but the intended effect is not there

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe they are slowly going through everyone's applications and giving out decisions as they go? Trying to be positive here because I see my future of becoming a doctor this year dwindling.

Who wants to be a brave soul and call and ask them when all of the decisions will be given out?

Maybe they are slowly going through everyone's applications and giving out decisions as they go? Trying to be positive here because I see my future of becoming a doctor this year dwindling.

The fact that they don't give a waitlist rank makes me realize that this week won't give very much final closure for people. I have always tried to predict what they were going to do but that has gotten close to impossible.

Can someone tell me/the forum how many people are in the class of 2022 fb group? Exclude the first year students and nonapplicants. I presume that if there are not 60 students that a fair amount of ppl who indeed were accepted are just not part of the group.

Can someone tell me/the forum how many people are in the class of 2022 fb group? Exclude the first year students and nonapplicants. I presume that if there are not 60 students that a fair amount of ppl who indeed were accepted are just not part of the group.
The number is currently at 51, and I think about 10-15 of those are students already attending and admin. So around 35-40. Though, this is an assumption.

The number is currently at 51, and I think about 10-15 of those are students already attending and admin. So around 35-40. Though, this is an assumption.

Thanks dapperdoc. The assumption then is that in the next 24 hours we should see a massive addition of new members. If we don't, then the assumption is that a lot of ppl who have gotten in aren't in the fb group.

Facebook group does not accurately reflect the number who have been admitted. Earlier emails from the school (a few weeks ago) regarding post-admissions tasks had 58 people listed. I don’t definitively know how many they were going to admit. However, a mutual friend on Facebook posted about being accepted ~4 hours ago so I’m guessing calls have gone out for this final group of acceptances.

Hope this helps. Good luck everyone, I’m assuming more movement will occur after second look and scholarship packages are released.

Facebook group does not accurately reflect the number who have been admitted. Earlier emails from the school (a few weeks ago) regarding post-admissions tasks had 58 people listed. I don’t definitively know how many they were going to admit. However, a mutual friend on Facebook posted about being accepted ~4 hours ago so I’m guessing calls have gone out for this final group of acceptances.

Hope this helps. Good luck everyone, I’m assuming more movement will occur after second look and scholarship packages are released.
Thanks for the info.

Well that's that. Chalking this one up as a rejection. It was nice to at least have an opportunity.

Yea, that is what I thought. I also looked at the FB group, and it even shows the date people were added. If you look at the dates ppl are getting added, you can tell that this cannot representative of the total amount of acceptances.
With the process all but wrapped up, I wonder how many ppl who weren't called in Jan and Feb, who had even a fair shot of getting a call today. I am now wondering if things were really wrapped up in January when I interviewed.

When did you interview by chance?

Yea, that is what I thought. I also looked at the FB group, and it even shows the date people were added. If you look at the dates ppl are getting added, you can tell that this cannot representative of the total amount of acceptances.
With the process all but wrapped up, I wonder how many ppl who weren't called in Jan and Feb, who had even a fair shot of getting a call today. I am now wondering if things were really wrapped up in January when I interviewed.

I believe the person I know who posted about getting admitted did not interview until February, not totally sure though. Obviously the later in the cycle it gets the fewer spots there are :/

I interviewed back in September.

Thanks for all of the info. I seriously wonder if ppl who didn't get called in the month they interviewed really had any chance at all. That does make sense that by the March call date, they were almost filled.

So basically there werent really any acceptances to give this round anyways. Beyond that, someone got waitlisted today so im guessing those have all gone out too. Im assuming rejection. THis whole process was about raising up hopes and dragging things on for no reason.

So basically there werent really any acceptances to give this round anyways. Beyond that, someone got waitlisted today so im guessing those have all gone out too. Im assuming rejection. THis whole process was about raising up hopes and dragging things on for no reason.

I want to clarify what I tried to state above- I don’t know exactly how many people they were planning on admitting. Earlier posts had said 60-70 people.

In the end admissions is difficult at any school. UNLV and Dr. Parrish have tried to make the process the best possible- this was evident by Dr. Parrish illustrating changes they had made on interview day from last cycle to decrease stress. Obviously my perspective is biased to a certain degree, but I’m confident the committee is not doing anything deliberately to raise false hopes. Admissions is always a long and arduous process.

Obviously my perspective is biased to a certain degree, but I’m confident the committee is not doing anything deliberately to raise false hopes. Admissions is always a long and arduous process.[/QUOTE]

I would disagree. I didn't talk to admissions directly(too scared), but I know of several ppl that did, and based on the email responses they got, I could see why many posters got hope.

Hearing from UNLV used to be great news. Now its most likely bad news.[/QUOTE]

The silence is deafening!

To everyone who feels frustrated, I do want to say that UNLV admissions are par for the course. For most of us, this ends up being a long, tortuous process. But it's also a test of your resilience. Sh** happens. You're going to have to put up with a lot of it in medical school. If you want this badly enough, you will make it happen. And if you value your sanity, learn to let things like this roll off your back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if they have given out the final acceptance calls yet

No I realize it’s over however rarely anyone posted saying they got accepted which is strange
Just wondering if anyone got the call for sure of an acceptance
I get waitlist decisions are over with as three people got them

I'm definitely going to bite the bullet and call the school tomorrow. Couldn't today because of work. I'll report back!

No I realize it’s over however rarely anyone posted saying they got accepted which is strange
Just wondering if anyone got the call for sure of an acceptance
I get waitlist decisions are over with as three people got them

Yeah. I think in the back of my mind there is this tiny window of hope that somehow they didn't make their final calls, but someone posted on here that their friend announced their acceptance on facebook on Monday. For whatever reason no one posts about their acceptances on student doc. Also I feel that if they are handing out waitlists, they had to first had their class filled. I wish that in some way there were still some calls to be made but that window seems all but shut.

I'm definitely going to bite the bullet and call the school tomorrow. Couldn't today because of work. I'll report back!
I almost did the same today. Can't wait to hear what they have to say! Also has anyone received a rejection letter? It seems that if they had made their final decisions Monday they would have also sent out denial letters then and people would have received them by now

I mean, to me it seems relatively clear that acceptances have already gone out, but I wanna know if this silence means that I still have a shot at the waitlist or not!

Okay, I called and they said all the decisions haven't been sent out yet and to be patient.

Okay, I called and they said all the decisions haven't been sent out yet and to be patient.
Thanks for calling! Did they happen to give a rough estimate of when they will have all the decisions made? Did they also mention if any more acceptances will be issued? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for calling! Did they happen to give a rough estimate of when they will have all the decisions made? Did they also mention if any more acceptances will be issued? Sorry for all the questions.

I also called. They said that they will be sending out decisions through the end of this week. They also said that if you haven't heard anything by tomorrow, chances are not good that you will be accepted or receive an alternate spot.

Just hang in there everyone! We'll know soon.

no estimate, no details. just that they haven't all been sent out yet. but...they need to have at least 60 offers out by today, that's their class size right? It's an aamc rule:
"4. By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for the information! It still gives me some hope!