2017-2018 University of Nevada - Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also called. They said that they will be sending out decisions through the end of this week. They also said that if you haven't heard anything by tomorrow, chances are not good that you will be accepted or receive an alternate spot.

Just hang in there everyone! We'll know soon.

So they haven’t filled their class?????

Members don't see this ad.

If they have to make calls by 15th the class is filled up or will be by end of today. It’s 11:28 pacific time. Not looking good for acceptance.

If they have to make calls by 15th the class is filled up or will be by end of today. It’s 11:28 pacific time. Not looking good for acceptance.
I have heard that the March 15th deadline is more of a guideline. Of course, this is from reading around on other threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
okay that makes sense. I somehow have a bad feeling the acceptance chances are over for me, but its interesting that they are telling ppl that there is a possibility of acceptance.

Last edited:
Still quiet for everyone? Haven't heard a thing. I was hoping today would be the day.

Still quiet for everyone? Haven't heard a thing. I was hoping today would be the day.

Yea we all hope. As I see so many new posters I think that they just are waiting to reveal something. However, is it possible that all of us are really headed for the reject possible? Man oh man. Is UNLV really letting us on to think that there are still acceptances to go out? I can say for how good my interview went, this is a first in terms of how the outcome turned out.

they could just be going by alphabetical order lol

They would have sent a chain letter if there was no priority. Bottom line is if they want you they will let you know as soon as they can.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting on March 16 for any answer still...

9158ebad624e21c8b90d6e8665279825--getting-up-early-universe-images.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
So another day is gone with no news. It’s 1:13. I would think if they wanted to send decisions they would’ve sent them by now. So based on what you guys posted from what you learned by calling them, this means rejection for pretty much anyone who hasn’t heard? Lol rip

I just want my rejection already for some closure.

Same. I want them to send me my rejection letter. I don’t get why they hold back. Let me live my life in peace. I was hoping that by March 2 like their website says I could live my dream or move on but here we are.

What hurts the most is that I had an amazing interview here. It was by far my best and I felt like it could have been a likely acceptance. Now, I'm here in silence licking my wounds.

If someone tells me that they are applying to medical school in the future, the only thing I will tell them is prepare to be disappointed.

Their interview provides no feedback about your candidacy. The interview was said to be designed to be better than other schools. The questions they ask are just silly. Answering prepared questions and answering them well doesn’t have anything to do with you getting in. Unlv, you as a school have a horrible admission process and it’s not professional. Good riddance to this school.

Has anyone heard of anyone getting accepted from the Jan feb interviews ?

Has anyone heard of anyone getting accepted from the Jan feb interviews ?
Based on the timeline, we can assume that their class is full and they are finalizing their wait lists. The lack of responses on sdn isn’t an indication of what’s happening.

What number do we call to find out information ? Has anyone called ?

I would like to think that all the controversy swirling around the dismissal of UNLV's president wasn't affecting med school admissions, but where there's this $14 million dollar donation to the med school wrapped up in it, I have to wonder... Has anyone else been following this? I tried to post the link but can't since my account is too new.

I would like to think that all the controversy swirling around the dismissal of UNLV's president wasn't affecting med school admissions, but where there's this $14 million dollar donation to the med school wrapped up in it, I have to wonder... Has anyone else been following this? I tried to post the link but can't since my account is too new.
The donation isn't affecting the admissions process, what it would affect is the school itself.

Analysis: Jessup shouldn’t be targeted for contract, supporters say

Interesting article about doners threatening to pull funding.
Very, very interesting.

I'm so sorry! Sorry to ask, but did you receive an official rejection from UNLV, or are you assuming it?
Well, i haven't gotten a rejection from either yet or an acceptance or a waitlist, so I'm just being a whiney baby. I know yesterday was the last wave of UNR acceptances and apparently today was the last day to hear from UNLV (according to this thread). Sorry for being doomy gloomy. It's not over yet!

It's quiet, too quiet...

Reactions: 1 users
5 students added to the Facebook group today.

They sure are dragging this out ...

Called - they said all acceptances have gone out - rejection letters will be sent and waitlist is ongoing
So they will be sending out waitlist emails periodically? Or movement off the waitlist is ongoing?

Totally agree. Admissions was totally misleading about the whole process. When I didn't get a call in January, that was the death knoll. However, when an inquiry was made, the response was, "still February, still March" or "all acceptances not given out". I mean for real? Why keep everyone dangling on a string. There were posters here who interviewed in November who thought they had a chance.
I think interviewing here was a total waste of time. Clearly the "admissions committee" looks at something separate from the interview. I agree, the interviewers they get don't give a realistic picture. Parrish and Diggins both said that they want to make the interview a "pleasant" experience, and that's why they ask preplanned questions. It's plain dumb. They think they are one-upping the traditional interviews, but those are so much more realistic. The point of interviews is to gauge your candidacy. Look at your strengths, question your weaknesses. This silly format asking, "what irritates you" "describe an embarrassing experience" is just nonsense. On top of that Parrish said the interview was the greatest determiner. Its totally false. Like the previous poster said, the interviewers are gonna tell everyone "Good job, nice response" when the questions are preplanned and have nothing to do with application weaknesses. The admissions committee probably does look at your weaknesses without informing you what they think.
I am not sure how the funding controversy is going to play out, but apparently even the Dean is facing some heat and a lot of faculty might leave. I think this school was a poor choice to interview at, and I think Diggins and Parrish were pretty much full of it.

Still have heard nothing. Anyone else with me?

Still have heard nothing. Anyone else with me?

At this point, as I have said earlier, even if its a waitlist, its seems as good as a rejection. I feel like they tell the ppl they really want first regardless what they say.

I really thought I stood out and did well but it sucks that I could nt get any love from this school

What's taking so long? Just do it already. Put me out of my misery!

Does anyone know what is going on? It seems like everything has stopped.

Does anyone know what is going on? It seems like everything has stopped.
I’m not sure. All I know is that when I sent an email on Tuesday all they said was that because of technical difficulties last week they have postponed decisions to this week.

Reactions: 1 users
I called the admissions office this morning, and they told me decisions would be announced either end of this week or early next week.

By decisions they mean rejections btw
The lady told me all acceptances have gone out but waitlist is still possible for you !!!