2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II recently! Submitted late july, complete email recieved mid September. IS. Really excited to interview here!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, general SDN question, how do some people "know" how many IIs, stats, etc other users have? Always see ppl be like "wow 12 IIs whats your secret?" Thank you in advance.

Hello, general SDN question, how do some people "know" how many IIs, stats, etc other users have? Always see ppl be like "wow 12 IIs whats your secret?" Thank you in advance.
You can sometimes see people’s stats at the bottom of their posts if they put it in their signature. However, if you are on a phone it doesn’t show up; you’ll need to use a computer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I just received an II but I am having trouble with the applicant portal. I can not select any interview dates. Has anyone else had trouble with this?

So it looks like in general, it takes ~1.5 months to get the "application complete" email?

Haha I don't know about that being the general rule. I was complete ~3 days after all my materials were in. But it seems as though some people waited as long as almost 2 months. I imagine that by now, its a lot quicker (probably a lot more backed up in the July August months).

II recently! Submitted late july, complete email recieved mid September. IS. Really excited to interview here!

What was the exact day you got the complete email if you don't mind

Question for current students or anyone familiar with the area- my interview location says "Montefiore Behavioral Health Center at Westchester Square, EAST CAMPUS". At first I thought this was the Montefiore hospital location but based on google maps it looks far from the hospital but still not on campus, so i'm a bit confused...

Question for current students or anyone familiar with the area- my interview location says "Montefiore Behavioral Health Center at Westchester Square, EAST CAMPUS". At first I thought this was the Montefiore hospital location but based on google maps it looks far from the hospital but still not on campus, so i'm a bit confused...

Think of it like a satellite campus. It is not on campus in the sense that you can easily walk to it. They will have a shuttle that will take you to the site, however if you aren't familiar with the area/familiar with public transportation/great with directions, I would suggest chatting with the people waiting for the shuttle who work at/go to school there and see if one of them may be going to the same place and could help you out a bit with directions. Everyone was incredibly friendly and I met a wonderful M4 who was headed to the same area and was an absolute lifesaver for me!

Reactions: 1 user
Think of it like a satellite campus. It is not on campus in the sense that you can easily walk to it. They will have a shuttle that will take you to the site, however if you aren't familiar with the area/familiar with public transportation/great with directions, I would suggest chatting with the people waiting for the shuttle who work at/go to school there and see if one of them may be going to the same place and could help you out a bit with directions. Everyone was incredibly friendly and I met a wonderful M4 who was headed to the same area and was an absolute lifesaver for me!
Alright, thank you! I was just confused because it doesn't seem to be at the site of the main hospital where they say the off campus interviews take place.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, thank you! I was just confused because it doesn't seem to be at the site of the main hospital where they say the off campus interviews take place.
Yeah, my interview was definitely not at the main hospital!

What time does the interview day end please for early morning interviews? Trying to book flights.

Hey guys! I'm an M3 at Einstein. Currently on a very chill rotation, so I'm happy to answer questions you guys have about the school (either here or via PM).

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I'm an M3 at Einstein. Currently on a very chill rotation, so I'm happy to answer questions you guys have about the school (either here or via PM).
Hey! Thanks for offering to answer questions! What is your favorite thing about the school and least favorite? Are you happy with your decision to go there?

Anyone who submitted on or after August 7th marked as complete yet?

Anyone who submitted on or after August 7th marked as complete yet?
I received an email saying my application was complete the day of, on 8/27. Is this what you mean by being marked as complete?

I received an email saying my application was complete the day of, on 8/27. Is this what you mean by being marked as complete?
Yup, just got the complete email this morning actually. Submitted 8/7

Hey! Thanks for offering to answer questions! What is your favorite thing about the school and least favorite? Are you happy with your decision to go there?

Not the student you asked but I'm a current student at Einstein also so I'll add my own $0.02. Take this with a grain of salt as I am only an M1.

My favorite thing about Einstein: the people. Students, faculty, staff - everyone is super welcoming and although it sounds really cliche I do feel like Einstein is a family. So many of our faculty graduated from here and choose to come back.

Least favorite: some administrative departments are a bit bad at communication. But haven't had any major problems. Also might be due to the shift from Yeshiva to Montefiore (but it seems to be going very smoothly).

I am 100% positive Einstein is the best place for me to be. I never pictured myself in a city but the area of the Bronx we're in is actually really nice. And the academics and research opportunities are pretty top notch.

Reactions: 3 users

No, I don't think so. On the secondary invite email it had this quote:

"It may take up to 6 weeks for us to complete your application. You will receive 2 notification emails after this email: the first email will acknowledge receipt of your Secondary Application; and the second email will confirm the completion of your entire application."

So I got that first email too acknowledging receipt of my application when I submitted on 08/16, but we're waiting for the second one to say we are complete and ready for review. It's misleading though because the first email uses the phrase "you have successfully completed the secondary application."

So, we still have to wait unfortunately. I hope they still have plenty of IIs to give out because it's one of my top choices.

Where can we check the status in the portal?

Got the complete email today (10/4). Secondary was submitted 7/31 :rolleyes:

Complete/review email received today! Complete 8/1. IS

I was marked complete on 9/26 after submitting 9/18. Who even knows how this works. (MSTP)

Any current students willing to explain what they love about Einstein/ any interview advice? I’m interviewing this week

Any current students willing to explain what they love about Einstein/ any interview advice? I’m interviewing this week

Posted earlier in the thread what I love about Einstein but in regards to the interview don't stress yourself out! My interview was super chill. Try your best to enjoy your day and get any questions you have answered!

Posted earlier in the thread what I love about Einstein but in regards to the interview don't stress yourself out! My interview was super chill. Try your best to enjoy your day and get any questions you have answered!
thanks so much! could you touch on any unique things/programs that stand out about einstein?

Marked complete today after submitting my secondary in the first week of august

Interviewed here last week! I was surprised at how much I absolutely loved Einstein. If anyone has any questions about the interview date, lmk.

I've visited Einstein's campus IRL before and worked with someone who postdocced there (and met his wife there!). We visited it for some work and the campus is really nice by NYC standards (though lowkey a pain to get to from Manhattan) and there's a very collaborative, less bureaucratic culture, compared to a place like Columbia.

I wonder what it means/if it means anything to be complete earlier. Would genuinely love to go, I think I actually think I met someone on admissions but doubt she remembers me through the postdoc.

MS2 here. Feel free to PM any questions about interviewing and the school in general since I get email notifications from that if I'm not on sdn.

Submitted everything early August, but not received the "complete application" email yet. Should I contact them to ask?

Hey guys, do you know if they are receptive to ITA emails? Einstein is an amazing school that I'd love to study at.

II! Complete late-September. Open dates mostly are in November
Congrats Kim! Tell Kanye to get back on his meds :) xx -Khloe

II as well! Submitted early Aug, completed late Sept.

Reactions: 2 users
For people who already interviewed here, did you just send hand written thank you cards by mail? I can’t find my interviewer’s email and all they gave us was the mailing address for the admissions office

Submitted everything early August, but not received the "complete application" email yet. Should I contact them to ask?
did you end up contacting them? I submitted mid/late august and also have not heard anything