2018-2019 Des Moines University (DMU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For any of you still debating whether or not to take the CASPer, I took it on Wednesday and would be more than happy to let you know about my experience. It really wasn't too terrible and was cheap considering DMU doesn't make you pay a supplemental app fee.

I haven't gotten an email about CASPer but I got the log in invite for the portal. In the portal, I also see nothing abut CASPer. Where do I log in to take this and how does it work? Will DMU email me to take it?

I haven't gotten an email about CASPer but I got the log in invite for the portal. In the portal, I also see nothing abut CASPer. Where do I log in to take this and how does it work? Will DMU email me to take it?

You make an account with Casper and then add DMU to the list of schools that you want your score sent to

You make an account with Casper and then add DMU to the list of schools that you want your score sent to

Oh wow okay, do manny schools do this? If so its probably better to just take the test. Is the site takecasper?

Oh wow okay, do manny schools do this? If so its probably better to just take the test. Is the site takecasper?

There's a list floating around of the schools that require it. I believe only 2 DO schools "recommend" it, Touro and DMU. There are about 12-15 MD schools I believe that require it. More and more schools are implementing it each year. $10 processing fee and $10 per school that you add.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a list floating around of the schools that require it. I believe only 2 DO schools "recommend" it, Touro and DMU. There are about 12-15 MD schools I believe that require it. More and more schools are implementing it each year. $10 processing fee and $10 per school that you add.

ahhh good more money, do I have the option to not send it along if I do poorly? Or is it like the MCAT where every attempt is seen? Also thank you for all your help!

Reactions: 1 user
ahhh good more money, do I have the option to not send it along if I do poorly? Or is it like the MCAT where every attempt is seen? Also thank you for all your help!

Lol, no problem. Btw you can get all the info I'm telling you by just googling Casper. But, unfortunately, you never get your results from Casper (kind of weird). It takes about 3 weeks to get graded and then it's automatically sent to the schools that you select on casper website. Some schools appear to have a threshold percentile that they're looking for, while other schools are using it as a data point without putting much weight into it. I prepped for about 2 hours and just made sure that my browser worked well when I took it.. don't stress too much about it

Lol, no problem. Btw you can get all the info I'm telling you by just googling Casper. But, unfortunately, you never get your results from Casper (kind of weird). It takes about 3 weeks to get graded and then it's automatically sent to the schools that you select on casper website. Some schools appear to have a threshold percentile that they're looking for, while other schools are using it as a data point without putting much weight into it. I prepped for about 2 hours and just made sure that my browser worked well when I took it.. don't stress too much about it

Okay, thank you very much!

Complete yesterday, would love to attend this school! From reviewing last year's thread it looks like the first reported interview invites came on 7/18 and 7/26 from completed applications on 6/26 and 7/3. The first interview date last year was 8/25, they seem to be running a bit slower this year.

Anybody have II yet? I live in DSM but attend college out of state. Would be nice to be able to interview before i leave for school in fall

Anybody have II yet? I live in DSM but attend college out of state. Would be nice to be able to interview before i leave for school in fall
99.99% chance that wont happen sorry...most interviews were September earliest when I applied

99.99% chance that wont happen sorry...most interviews were September earliest when I applied
Idk. I remember having a friend in the first interview last year and I believe it was in August. I think not having secondaries to sift through speeds it up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Idk. I remember having a friend in the first interview last year and I believe it was in August. I think not having secondaries to sift through speeds it up.

I left the 0.01% haha but yeah its possible but with how many people apply and how long it takes admissions to go through everything I'm just saying I wouldn't count on it

I left the 0.01% haha but yeah its possible but with how many people apply and how long it takes admissions to go through everything I'm just saying I wouldn't count on it
I'm anxious myself. I may have looked at the calendar on pulse to see when interviews may start. They don't specify program though :(

Hope we will start hearing news from DMU this week. Looks like an awesome school.

Hi all! I’m an applicant from last cycle and was accepted to DMU. Feel free to DM me for any questions about the application cycle!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got their portal invite, no actual secondary it looks like.

Just got an official complete email but I nearly peed myself thinking it was an II lmaoo

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an official complete email but I nearly peed myself thinking it was an II lmaoo
I actually think they'll start sending them next week. This week is orientation week and admissions was actually really busy today organizing stuff, etc...

I actually think they'll start sending them next week. This week is orientation week and admissions was actually really busy today organizing stuff, etc...

Boy thats exciting but also nervewracking!!

I just tried logging into the portal and got an error message. I think it might be because my app is being reviewed as we speak!

I got an interview today -- August 17th!! Super excited to see Iowa & learn more about DMU.

Reactions: 7 users
Damn feels bad. Mines still says it's missing supplemental stuff

Still haven't received portal email. I submitted primary with "secondary" questions embedded on 07/23

+2

My portal says "DMU Initial Review of Application Items" as "Not Received" It also says "Please allow up to two weeks for a review" and it'll be two weeks tomorrow. :(

I got the portal email on 7/18, and didnt get a complete email til last night. I wouldn’t worry... everything is just seeming to take some time

Reactions: 3 users
+2

My portal says "DMU Initial Review of Application Items" as "Not Received" It also says "Please allow up to two weeks for a review" and it'll be two weeks tomorrow. :(
Hang in there! I got the portal invite 7/23 and still waiting for a complete email. We’re one of several thousands applicants in the pool, so everything takes time. I hate waiting too.

I got the portal email on 7/18, and didnt get a complete email til last night. I wouldn’t worry... everything is just seeming to take some time
Did you do the casper test?

Will they be considering Caspr results before sending an interview?

Did you do the casper test?

I did it, but lowkey keep forgetting to send it to DMU. Idk if I wanna risk it or not cuz what if it hurts (but what if it helps lol)

Reactions: 1 users
II received 8/2, scheduled for 8/27. Complete 7/17