Oct 5, 2018
My current thoughts are as follows (again take this all with a grain of salt, if that).. the waitlist is ranked in some way sure, but people are also being PLACED on the waitlist in a specific pattern. I base this on the fact that thus far the “waitlist —> accepted” folks were interviewed around February. March interviewees were generally waitlisted after February interviewees, and should generally expect to be accepted after February interviewees have been accepted from the waitlist and so on.

Clearly however, high stats or especially sought-after applicants who did not butcher their interviews were accepted right off the bat.. this includes the folks in March, April that were accepted directly post-interview.
so then what about people who interviewed in dec and deferred in march? what does that mean for us? we are a lost cause? lol

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding deferred means you havent been reviewed which basically implies you have a lower priority for such review as compared to other applicants. Vs waitlist means that you have been reviewed by adcom and are deemed accepted to the medical school but are awaiting a seat.

What I took that to mean is you're low on the waitlist if it becomes super late. My only question is, do they change your status from deferred to waitlisted if they intend to admit you? Or is it deferred to admitted? The latter would imply deferred has no difference from wait list late in the game vs. the former means it's a ranked list that they shuffle through via priority.

Reactions: Phillypremed2k19
Feb 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding deferred means you havent been reviewed which basically implies you have a lower priority for such review as compared to other applicants.

What I took that to mean is you're low on the waitlist if it becomes super late. Unless someone has heard of deferred students being directly admitted?
A few people have been accepted after being deferred and were never waitlisted... Drexel claims that their deferred applicants were reviewed at monthly meetings just as everyone else was before being waitlisted, so I'm not sure if the 'low on the waitlist' interpretation is accurate (or at least I really hope it isn't hahah). Then again it's been 8 months since I interviewed so i can't imagine i'm exactly high up on the list there

Oct 5, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding deferred means you havent been reviewed which basically implies you have a lower priority for such review as compared to other applicants. Vs waitlist means that you have been reviewed by adcom and are deemed accepted to the medical school but are awaiting a seat.

What I took that to mean is you're low on the waitlist if it becomes super late. My only question is, do they change your status from deferred to waitlisted if they intend to admit you? Or is it deferred to admitted? The latter would imply deferred has no difference from wait list late in the game vs. the former means it's a ranked list that they shuffle through via priority.
deferred after interviewing I don't believe means you have no been reviewed, In our email it says you have been reviewed but no current decision has been made and your application will keep being reviewed at subsequent meetings. Then in april, I got a waitlist email. so not sure how it would necessarily mean low on the waitlist nor do I think a waitlist decision means your accepted pending seats...

almost no one got a waitlist email before april which means everyone was either getting deferred accepted or rejected. And then only later on in the cycle were people being put on the waitlist

Reactions: Vladimir7
Dec 26, 2018
deferred after interviewing I don't believe means you have no been reviewed, In our email it says you have been reviewed but no current decision has been made and your application will keep being reviewed at subsequent meetings. Then in april, I got a waitlist email. so not sure how it would necessarily mean low on the waitlist nor do I think a waitlist decision means your accepted pending seats...

almost no one got a waitlist email before april which means everyone was either getting deferred accepted or rejected. And then only later on in the cycle were people being put on the waitlist
Excellent, good to know. I was considering applying to this school, so I appreciate the insight. While n=1, my friend was someone put on their waitlist, not deferred, and got accepted shortly after (and she will be attending.) So, based off what you're telling me, the way to look at it than is unless you're accepted or rejected than you're in the same pool and the tag is meaningless?

Reactions: FlamingEagle
Jan 20, 2018
Excellent, good to know. I was considering applying to this school, so I appreciate the insight. While n=1, my friend was someone put on their waitlist, not deferred, and got accepted shortly after (and she will be attending.) So, based off what you're telling me, the way to look at it than is unless you're accepted or rejected than you're in the same pool and the tag is meaningless?
It sure feels that way.

Jul 19, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
OMG accepted today! Interviewed 4/8. I never received a waitlist email. I’m OOS also, Texas resident!

Vladimir7

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Yooo Congrats to all you guys!!

Reactions: BirdMD123

Vladimir7

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed mid March and got waitlisted last week.
Lol, do you remember when you asked me what I considered mid-march? Unless this is out of your comfort zone, do you mind pming me what your interview day was haha?

ciestar

All grown up! MS4!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Hey congrats!

I was wondering this too. Today I received my financial aid package and it was under the cost of tuition. Does anyone know what this means? I tried calling, but the office is closed. I am a little worried.
My aid package has looked like that the past three years. You just need to apply for the PLUS loans to get up to COA if you need it.

Reactions: BirdMD123
Apr 16, 2018
Longtime lurker over here but wanted to just provide an update to help everyone else still waiting! Interviewed 4/10, waitlisted 5/6, accepted yesterday at 4:43 PM. Definitely wasn’t expecting anything that late in the day based on this thread so stay on your toes, friends! :)

Jul 7, 2018
Status
My aid package has looked like that the past three years. You just need to apply for the PLUS loans to get up to COA if you need it.
Is this via FAFSA? And do you know is Drexel is good about matching aid from other schools?

Vladimir7

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
So they’ve moved a lot from the waitlists it seems, mostly march (skipped right over my a** because why wouldn’t they, lol) but some April, and now they will waitlist folks from April interviews(?)

Oct 12, 2018
So they’ve moved a lot from the waitlists it seems, mostly march (skipped right over my a** because why wouldn’t they, lol) but some April, and now they will waitlist folks from April interviews(?)
Wait so you haven't heard anything at all? We all need to stand up for Valdimir7 and rally for this cause! Justice for Valdimir7

Vladimir7

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Wait so you haven't heard anything at all? We all need to stand up for Valdimir7 and rally for this cause! Justice for Valdimir7
Your fascination with me is flattering :), are you going to Drexel?

Vladimir7

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
^see.

Keep the updates coming guys, with as much info as you’re comfortable sharing. It helps us all neurotic pre meds :)

May 28, 2018
Accepted yesterday at 4:43PM! Interviewed 2/4, WL 4/9.
GPA 3.5, MCAT 513, URM, student-athlete, took 1 gap year
Sorry if thats tmi but just want to give all the info that may be helpful to anyone

Edit: I sent in a LOI on 5/8 as well
Just curious, was your LOI ever uploaded to your portal? I've sent one in a month ago and have called to confirm they've received it, but it was never uploaded to my portal. Thanks for the info!

Jun 26, 2018
Just curious, was your LOI ever uploaded to your portal? I've sent one in a month ago and have called to confirm they've received it, but it was never uploaded to my portal. Thanks for the info!
my experience was the opposite. i sent one to the email a few days ago and never got a response but it did appear in my portal lol

Jul 7, 2018
Status
Had to make the difficult decision to release my seat in the class. I really loved the school and was one of the people lucky enough to receive a call on the first day of acceptances. DUCOM is a great school with amazing opportunities so I hope one of you are able to join the class in the fall! See you in Philly!

Vladimir7

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Had to make the difficult decision to release my seat in the class. I really loved the school and was one of the people lucky enough to receive a call on the first day of acceptances. DUCOM is a great school with amazing opportunities so I hope one of you are able to join the class in the fall! See you in Philly!
Bless your heart, where will you be going, assuming somewhere in Philly as well?

Jul 7, 2018
Status
Bless your heart, where will you be going, assuming somewhere in Philly as well?
Headed to Temple most likely. I got off the WL there not too long ago and felt like the curriculum was more my speed. Hopefully the Philly schools collaborate with community service cuz then we can all work together!

Vladimir7

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I wouldn’t be surprised if Adcoms left for MDW since Thursday...

Embryo

2+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone's pre-matriculation tab checklist updated with stuff they submitted recently? I submitted everything Monday and still red X's.

DocinCrocs

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Nov 29, 2018
Status
Has anyone's pre-matriculation tab checklist updated with stuff they submitted recently? I submitted everything Monday and still red X's.
Mine did not appear after waiting for two weeks. I called the number listed in the portal and they stated they had received my material. Then within 30 mins, the checklist updated.

Reactions: Embryo