2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted this afternoon! Interviewed 3/21 and waitlisted on 5/15. Such a stressful year, and this was my only interview out of 30+ applications. still in shock..seriously pulling for you all

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 14 users
Accepted this afternoon! Interviewed 3/21 and waitlisted on 5/15. Such a stressful year, and this was my only interview out of 30+ applications. still in shock..seriously pulling for you all
congrats! good for you thats great

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else on the WL that interviewed before January? I interviewed in September and it kinda feels like they forgot about us lol

Riggght? Like do we have a chance? I interviewed in October, deferred in January, waitlisted April.

Reactions: 6 users
congrats! good for you thats great
thank you so much! For those of you still waiting, continue to show interest! I sent an additional update one month post interview. I then had an additional LOR sent on 5/24.

For those waitlisted, I had heard there was a high priority waitlist. Is this true?

Does anyone know how long after an acceptance the financial aid packages came in? Or how much aid Drexel gives? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope so.
This place went nuts for the Eagles

Ya my friends keep asking me if im accepted yet because they want an excuse to come to Philly games -.-

Asking for a friend, could any current med students or people who already have found living situations DM me and give me some good recommendations for apartments? Thanks :)

Asking for a friend, could any current med students or people who already have found living situations DM me and give me some good recommendations for apartments? Thanks :)

Asking the same for myself!!

Not familiar with the bigger complexes in East Falls, but I found my place (1 bedroom close to school for $850/mo) on padmapper.com. Found a lot more listings there than on craigslist and Zillow.

South of Henry ave has a cooler vibe and some more restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc. north of Henry ave is more suburban.

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a Facebook group for the class of 2023?

FWIW, I lived in Falls Village for two years. It was really nice, but a bit pricey.

If you join the fb group, you can ask all of this. A LOT of upperclassmen are in the group to give input.

Could any current students give an example schedule for first year? I think they had one at accepted students day but I can't find anything online. Preferably including mandatory and non-mandatory events. Thanks

Could any current students give an example schedule for first year? I think they had one at accepted students day but I can't find anything online. Preferably including mandatory and non-mandatory events. Thanks

Not a first year student yet lol but I found this on their "WebCampus" website, where you can look at the schedule for M1 and M2 broken down by group (A vs. B). Idk how I even stumbled upon this haha but I bookmarked it since I like seeing what a normal week would be like too. So here are a couple examples of what a week would be like for first year! IL's are the lectures on your own time.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else receive an email saying this? I never emailed them asking to withdraw. Nor did I hit anything on the portal since accepting my spot on the waitlist.

"This email confirms your withdrawal from the admissions process at Drexel University College of Medicine. We're sorry to see you go. We have a short survey that we'd appreciate you completing - it should only take a few minutes of your time, but will give us valuable information.

We'd like to thank you for your interest in Drexel and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

The Admissions Team"

Did anyone else receive an email saying this? I never emailed them asking to withdraw. Nor did I hit anything on the portal since accepting my spot on the waitlist.

"This email confirms your withdrawal from the admissions process at Drexel University College of Medicine. We're sorry to see you go. We have a short survey that we'd appreciate you completing - it should only take a few minutes of your time, but will give us valuable information.

We'd like to thank you for your interest in Drexel and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

The Admissions Team"
No, maybe call them tomorrow if they don’t email again to correct it?

The Admissions Team"
I haven't

The Admissions Team"

You F’d up

Yeah thats kinda worrisome.. i didn’t get any update of the sort. Id check in and IF you shared your school account info with anyone I’d check in with them (but I highly doubt you did this).

Or maybe its a way of them to pull people off the waitlist like a post waitlist R(?) idk.

I will be declining my acceptance to DUCOM shortly. Drexel is a great school, I hope it goes to one of you!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Headed to Temple most likely. I got off the WL there not too long ago and felt like the curriculum was more my speed. Hopefully the Philly schools collaborate with community service cuz then we can all work together!

Also headed to temple! :D

Reactions: 3 users
How many people do u think are on the waitlist right now?

How many people do u think are on the waitlist right now?

I would estimate it at a couple hundred unfortunately, the last thing DUCOM would want to do is potentially run out of people to give acceptances to.. it's much easier for them to overpopulate the waitlist then reject whoever is left after all movement is over with

Reactions: 1 users
Can any current students confirm if Drexel is P/F, and what the grading structure is during clinical years? Would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone received information on paying tuition? Or how/when we go about making our first payment? I haven’t heard/read this anywhere, want to make sure I’m not missing anything!

AAMC should have a mandatory decision date so things like "you could hear back the week of orientation" don't happen.

The portal now states that the waitlist is ranked but they do not disclose rank to applicants.

Just withdrew my acceptance! I hope the spot goes to one of you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
This just gave me a heart attack. We have until July 15th to commit.

Yeah not respond today, you have until July 15th, but were prompted to make your decisions earlier if possible

Last edited:
Idk if this helps but there are 397 people in the fb group. Some of them are probably med students but the class is 270 IIRC. Im personally not matriculating here but still in the group to try and find Philly housing so other people may be in the same situation.

For future lurkers, I didn't hear a word from Drexel all year and just now received an email saying that 'all applicants who have not been invited for an interview are now released from consideration for this year.' So no formal rejection or ii all year till this message in June.

Thats ^what ive been saying from the get go.. they soft R so many people.

Nothing against them maybe they just like to consider for as long as need be.

Thursday is their traditional D-Day though so we might hear other news too. Fingers crossed

So admissions can't disclose WL rank, but can they tell us if we're near the top/bottom? :unsure: