-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Drexel University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
congrats! good for you thats greatAccepted this afternoon! Interviewed 3/21 and waitlisted on 5/15. Such a stressful year, and this was my only interview out of 30+ applications. still in shock..seriously pulling for you all
Me! Interviewed in September!Is anyone else on the WL that interviewed before January? I interviewed in September and it kinda feels like they forgot about us lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else on the WL that interviewed before January? I interviewed in September and it kinda feels like they forgot about us lol
Riggght? Like do we have a chance? I interviewed in October, deferred in January, waitlisted April.
soontobedoc123
Full Member
Is anyone else on the WL that interviewed before January? I interviewed in September and it kinda feels like they forgot about us lol
me, interviewed in dec!
thank you so much! For those of you still waiting, continue to show interest! I sent an additional update one month post interview. I then had an additional LOR sent on 5/24.congrats! good for you thats great
Yes I'm going! So excited to meet everyone!! And keeping my fingers crossed for all y'all still waiting to hear backCongrats! You think you are going to go there?
For those waitlisted, I had heard there was a high priority waitlist. Is this true?
soontobedoc123
Full Member
For those waitlisted, I had heard there was a high priority waitlist. Is this true?
not that I knew of, everyone who posted they were waitlisted just said watlisted
Does anyone know how long after an acceptance the financial aid packages came in? Or how much aid Drexel gives? Thanks!
not muchDoes anyone know how long after an acceptance the financial aid packages came in? Or how much aid Drexel gives? Thanks!
Can you give like a range or estimate pls? Thanksnot much
im going to assume your SN means trust the process #Heretheycome
TRUST IT and.... RUN IT BACK.
Sixers 2020, all the Philly Med schools are gonna be lit
TRUST IT and.... RUN IT BACK.
Sixers 2020, all the Philly Med schools are gonna be lit
I really hope so.
This place went nuts for the Eagles
I really hope so.
This place went nuts for the Eagles
Ya my friends keep asking me if im accepted yet because they want an excuse to come to Philly games -.-
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yourtypicalgoon
Full Member
Asking for a friend, could any current med students or people who already have found living situations DM me and give me some good recommendations for apartments? Thanks 🙂
Asking for a friend, could any current med students or people who already have found living situations DM me and give me some good recommendations for apartments? Thanks 🙂
Asking the same for myself!!
Asking for a friend, could any current med students or people who already have found living situations DM me and give me some good recommendations for apartments? Thanks 🙂
Not familiar with the bigger complexes in East Falls, but I found my place (1 bedroom close to school for $850/mo) on padmapper.com. Found a lot more listings there than on craigslist and Zillow.
South of Henry ave has a cooler vibe and some more restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc. north of Henry ave is more suburban.
I found my place (1 bedroom close to school for $850/mo)
ooo is it Queen Lane Manor by any chance? Does anyone know much about that complex?
ooo is it Queen Lane Manor by any chance? Does anyone know much about that complex?
No it’s through a private landlord!
No decisions released today?
runthejools
Full Member
Could any current students give an example schedule for first year? I think they had one at accepted students day but I can't find anything online. Preferably including mandatory and non-mandatory events. Thanks
Could any current students give an example schedule for first year? I think they had one at accepted students day but I can't find anything online. Preferably including mandatory and non-mandatory events. Thanks
Not a first year student yet lol but I found this on their "WebCampus" website, where you can look at the schedule for M1 and M2 broken down by group (A vs. B). Idk how I even stumbled upon this haha but I bookmarked it since I like seeing what a normal week would be like too. So here are a couple examples of what a week would be like for first year! IL's are the lectures on your own time.
Did anyone else receive an email saying this? I never emailed them asking to withdraw. Nor did I hit anything on the portal since accepting my spot on the waitlist.
"This email confirms your withdrawal from the admissions process at Drexel University College of Medicine. We're sorry to see you go. We have a short survey that we'd appreciate you completing - it should only take a few minutes of your time, but will give us valuable information.
We'd like to thank you for your interest in Drexel and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
The Admissions Team"
"This email confirms your withdrawal from the admissions process at Drexel University College of Medicine. We're sorry to see you go. We have a short survey that we'd appreciate you completing - it should only take a few minutes of your time, but will give us valuable information.
We'd like to thank you for your interest in Drexel and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
The Admissions Team"
No, maybe call them tomorrow if they don’t email again to correct it?Did anyone else receive an email saying this? I never emailed them asking to withdraw. Nor did I hit anything on the portal since accepting my spot on the waitlist.
"This email confirms your withdrawal from the admissions process at Drexel University College of Medicine. We're sorry to see you go. We have a short survey that we'd appreciate you completing - it should only take a few minutes of your time, but will give us valuable information.
We'd like to thank you for your interest in Drexel and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
The Admissions Team"
I haven'tDid anyone else receive an email saying this? I never emailed them asking to withdraw. Nor did I hit anything on the portal since accepting my spot on the waitlist.
"This email confirms your withdrawal from the admissions process at Drexel University College of Medicine. We're sorry to see you go. We have a short survey that we'd appreciate you completing - it should only take a few minutes of your time, but will give us valuable information.
We'd like to thank you for your interest in Drexel and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
The Admissions Team"
Et_in_Arcadia_ego
Full Member
Did anyone else receive an email saying this? I never emailed them asking to withdraw. Nor did I hit anything on the portal since accepting my spot on the waitlist.
"This email confirms your withdrawal from the admissions process at Drexel University College of Medicine. We're sorry to see you go. We have a short survey that we'd appreciate you completing - it should only take a few minutes of your time, but will give us valuable information.
We'd like to thank you for your interest in Drexel and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
The Admissions Team"
You F’d up
Yeah thats kinda worrisome.. i didn’t get any update of the sort. Id check in and IF you shared your school account info with anyone I’d check in with them (but I highly doubt you did this).
Or maybe its a way of them to pull people off the waitlist like a post waitlist R(?) idk.
Or maybe its a way of them to pull people off the waitlist like a post waitlist R(?) idk.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DocinCrocs
Full Member
I will be declining my acceptance to DUCOM shortly. Drexel is a great school, I hope it goes to one of you!!!
Headed to Temple most likely. I got off the WL there not too long ago and felt like the curriculum was more my speed. Hopefully the Philly schools collaborate with community service cuz then we can all work together!
Also headed to temple! 😀
Phillypremed2k19
Full Member
How many people do u think are on the waitlist right now?
I would estimate it at a couple hundred unfortunately, the last thing DUCOM would want to do is potentially run out of people to give acceptances to.. it's much easier for them to overpopulate the waitlist then reject whoever is left after all movement is over with
Can any current students confirm if Drexel is P/F, and what the grading structure is during clinical years? Would be greatly appreciated!
Can any current students confirm if Drexel is P/F, and what the grading structure is during clinical years? Would be greatly appreciated!
P/F preclinical.
H/HP/P/F clinical
Cheetos123
Full Member
Has anyone on waitlist heard back lately?
The portal now states that the waitlist is ranked but they do not disclose rank to applicants.
Just withdrew my application! I hope the spot goes to one of you 🙂
Thanks!! I was lowkey waiting to hear cuz today y’all were told to respond
This just gave me a heart attack. We have until July 15th to commit.Thanks!! I was lowkey waiting to hear cuz today y’all were told to respond
This just gave me a heart attack. We have until July 15th to commit.
Yeah not respond today, you have until July 15th, but were prompted to make your decisions earlier if possible
Last edited:
Idk if this helps but there are 397 people in the fb group. Some of them are probably med students but the class is 270 IIRC. Im personally not matriculating here but still in the group to try and find Philly housing so other people may be in the same situation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
maryidafrancis
Full Member
can someone post the full list of secondary prompts please? thanks so much!
santaclause
Full Member
For future lurkers, I didn't hear a word from Drexel all year and just now received an email saying that 'all applicants who have not been invited for an interview are now released from consideration for this year.' So no formal rejection or ii all year till this message in June.
So admissions can't disclose WL rank, but can they tell us if we're near the top/bottom? 🤔
where do they say if you're near the top/bottom?So admissions can't disclose WL rank, but can they tell us if we're near the top/bottom? 🤔
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K