2018-2019 Florida State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m on the waitlist too so hoping to get some love during these next two weeks. Best of luck to you!
yea man, thus begins day two of panicky email refresh. good luck- i'm rooting for us.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Please update us on any med or bridge acceptance withdrawals!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How hard is it to maintain a B in every class in the bridge program? Anyone know what percent of bridge students matriculate?

It’s tough but not impossible. I’m addition to all the M1 stuff that you have to do well in, you have EXTRA classes (biostatistics and ethics) a big thesis paper and defense that you have to complete at the end of the academic year. However, if you’re successful, you’ll become a leader of the class the following year and you’ll get a sizable scholarship. Most bridge alumni become class president or serve on the leadership board in some capacity. You’ll be a baller in the anatomy lab and have a bunch of M1s following you around like puppies. You will be able to instantly pick out the bridge alumni amongst the M1’s on the first day of anatomy lab - they’re the people who look like they know what they’re doing LOL

From my original group of bridge classmates, 95% of us passed and are now getting applications ready for residency interviews. Some of the alumni from my class are trying to match into competitive residencies such as: neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency medicine, etc. but most of us (including myself) are trying to match into primary care specialties — I suppose the ADCOMs were actually good at selecting people who were truly mission fits.

It’s an amazing program and I can’t congratulate you enough on your acceptance. My bridge year gave me a research publication, 2 research presentations across the country at national conferences, a high pass in all my classes, several leadership positions, and a national honor society induction.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Was offered a bridge spot today. Will be rejecting the offer. Thanks and best of luck to everyone still on hold

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone not gotten their acceptance or bridge acceptance around lunch time? I’ve noticed most of their acceptances come around that time- just an FYI so you arent madly checking you email all day every day lol

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today off the waitlist! Interviewed April 12th.

I Interviewed 4/12 and was accepted into their bridge program last week. I received the email around noon.

Reactions: 3 users
interviewed 4/8!! Accepted this morning!! Praise God!!

Reactions: 6 users
folks, I wanted to let you know I didn't make the cut post ii (was on hold until today around the afternoon, interviewed early March). Hopefully, this information is helpful to you (somehow lol). Good luck to those still on hold, I wish you all the best!

folks, I wanted to let you know I didn't make the cut post ii (was on hold until today around the afternoon, interviewed early March). Hopefully, this information is helpful to you (somehow lol). Good luck to those still on hold, I wish you all the best!
Best of luck to you!! Thank you for sharing

hey, i may very soon be joining your ranks. I know this isn't the best news. keep pushing! you're going to make it and I am rooting for you!

Just got the official rejection email a few minutes ago. Interviewed in December and have been on hold since then. Best of luck to everyone else!

Applying to this school next cycle. Anyone who got a scholarship mind sharing their stats? I got a 511 MCAT and 3.8+ GPA. Just wondering if there is any chance.

Applying to this school next cycle. Anyone who got a scholarship mind sharing their stats? I got a 511 MCAT and 3.8+ GPA. Just wondering if there is any chance.
Financial aid isn't delivered until the end of summer session/beginning of fall, so I don't think many can speak for that. For reference, I'm above both statistics but still would have to apply. You submit an application early June, most scholarships are based on characteristics such as primary care fit, from a certain underrepresented area etc.

Does anyone else feel like there hasn’t been any huge waves of waitlist acceptances yet? Has anyone called the office by any chance?

Anyone hear anything lately?

I got an email today about summer classes registration. It was also sent to quite a few other people which I assume are all matriculating students. I can count the emails to give you a rough estimate regarding the waitlist.

EDIT: I counted 120 emails

I got an email today about summer classes registration. It was also sent to quite a few other people which I assume are all matriculating students. I can count the emails to give you a rough estimate regarding the waitlist.

EDIT: I counted 120 emails

Thank you so much for that info! Do you happen to know how many were in last years class?

Anyone gotten accepted this week?

I had to call financial aid about loans and they're starting to finalize loan options for the class this week. It sounded like they have their class confirmed since orientation is on Tuesday.