2018-2019 Georgetown University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone else's app status still show letters not received? I was verified on 6/1 with all letters submitted and submitted my secondary on 7/2. I emailed them a couple days ago and they said they're still having trouble downloading letters from AMCAS so not to worry, but when do I start to worry that my app is never going to be read....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone else's app status still show letters not received? I was verified on 6/1 with all letters submitted and submitted my secondary on 7/2. I emailed them a couple days ago and they said they're still having trouble downloading letters from AMCAS so not to worry, but when do I start to worry that my app is never going to be read....

Also letters still not received. I wouldn’t worry. Sounds like no one’s are received so everyone is held up except for this one person who apparently got an II

Also letters still not received. I wouldn’t worry. Sounds like no one’s are received so everyone is held up except for this one person who apparently got an II

I was verified 7/6 and mine are received.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is weird, I submitted my secondary yesterday and my LORs are marked as received (primary verified 6/13)

Reactions: 1 user
Lol I don't wanna be concerned b/c only 1 alleged II has been sent out, but at the same time can't help but wonder how others that submitted later on had their LORs downloaded and some of us that submitted first day haven't. Guess I'll have to dub the Wizards by 40 this year :yawn:

Reactions: 3 users
Lol I don't wanna be concerned b/c only 1 alleged II has been sent out, but at the same time can't help but wonder how others that submitted later on had their LORs downloaded and some of us that submitted first day haven't. Guess I'll have to dub the Wizards by 40 this year :yawn:
i spoke to the school today and the lady assured me that even tho we submitted our apps the first day and still arent verified it won't hurt us. They are looking over our apps by hand and have our letters....lol

Reactions: 6 users
i spoke to the school today and the lady assured me that even tho we submitted our apps the first day and still arent verified it won't hurt us. They are looking over our apps by hand and have our letters....lol
You the real GOAT:bow:

:soexcited:

Last edited:
Did you by chance find out when they're looking to send out their first wave of II's? ;)

From my understanding, they already have. A friend of mine received one and someone earlier in the thread mentioned getting an II. Hopefully our letters get downloaded and they start coming for the rest of us soon! :cyclops:

Reactions: 1 users
Did you by chance find out when they're looking to send out their first wave of II's? ;)
No she was very frustrated, probably tons of calls, so she kinda rushed me off the phone

Members don't see this ad :)
From today? Or from time of submission?[/QUOTE
They told me that 2 weeks ago, then last week, and now today....i don't think they know what exactly is going on. But i do believe that they already have our LORs so they can review our apps. I believe its just their own secondary portal that is not receiving them

From my understanding, they already have. A friend of mine received one and someone earlier in the thread mentioned getting an II. Hopefully our letters get downloaded and they start coming for the rest of us soon! :cyclops:
do you know when ur friend submitted

I'm new here!! Wait so II are going out? I submitted the secondary on the 3rd and got the AMCAS letter email on Friday. Complete email like at 3 in the morning on Monday the 16th something weird like that. I hope we can hear some good news soon :) this process is stressful lol

RT if you think they should just give all of us II who submitted on the first day and still haven't been completed yet

Reactions: 8 users
So here is what is up with the letters of recommendation from admissions for those of us without a confirmation of receipt of letters:

They said that when there was an issue with AMCAS. When they sent the bulk block of letters over when AMCAS applications were first available to medical schools back at the end of June, there was in issue sending them to admissions. This was purely an AMCAS problem. Georgetown admissions said that these should be resolved within the week for those seeing this problem. They assured me that this SHOULD NOT effect our candidacy. That's assuring. We shouldn't be penalized for getting our stuff in early.

So here is what is up with the letters of recommendation from admissions for those of us without a confirmation of receipt of letters:

They said that when there was an issue with AMCAS. When they sent the bulk block of letters over when AMCAS applications were first available to medical schools back at the end of June, there was in issue sending them to admissions. This was purely an AMCAS problem. Georgetown admissions said that these should be resolved within the week for those seeing this problem. They assured me that this SHOULD NOT effect our candidacy. That's assuring. We shouldn't be penalized for getting our stuff in early.
Thank you for the info!!!

I submitted on June 30 but it says my letters still haven't been received. Should I call admissions?

This kind of sucks since I worked really hard to submit within 24 hours and I'm not even complete yet while other people are getting interviews.

People... I seriously doubt the LoRs are putting us at a serious disadvantage. The majority of applicants aren't complete either. Once they get it sorted out, it will be business as usual.

Just be patient. That's all you can do anyway.

Reactions: 5 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I agree. Until you start seeing flurries of "II!!!!!!" posts, try to stop worrying about it. I'm not focusing on the two or three people we've heard of that have received invites. I bet Georgetown is trying their best to give every the fair chance they deserve.
My TA just got an II and was complete before me although he submitted later... feelz bad

Me: Never!
TA: 7/2

EDIT: sorry, meant that i as never complete and he was complete!

Thanks for that. Well, I was completed on Monday (secondary in the 3rd, and LORs on the 13 on AMCAS). I wouldn't be surprised if people who are not marked as completed -especially those who had everything sent in earlier - may actually be considered to be complete by the admissions office. Who knows really, but this whole complete thing is strange

Thanks for that. Well, I was completed on Monday (secondary in the 3rd, and LORs on the 13 on AMCAS). I wouldn't be surprised if people who are not marked as completed -especially those who had everything sent in earlier - may actually be considered to be complete by the admissions office. Who knows really, but this whole complete thing is strange
Agreed... gettin' nervous over here

Last edited:
I think this is correct... I've had this issue with a couple other schools in addition to Georgetown (Tulane, NYU, Dartmouth) and they've all said it's a bug with the secondary software and that my application is complete even if not reflected as such on their portal.

Hey everyone,

Just a reminder to stay cool, its very early in the process and SDN has a notoriety to become a pit of misery and neuroticism.

The secondaries and IIs will come m'kay

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I wonder when the next wave of interviews will come around - last year this thread was wild and it now seems quietish

I wonder when the next wave of interviews will come around - last year this thread was wild and it now seems quietish
I feel like last year schools were faster at dishing out II's

Last edited:
Still not complete, submitted 7/6 letters have been into AAMC for a long time

At what point do we call? Lol

I don't know I'm so conflicted! On the one hand, we got an e-mail saying there is no need to worry. On the other hand, the fact that there are people who submitted after me getting IIs is extremely frustrating.

I don't know I'm so conflicted! On the one hand, we got an e-mail saying there is no need to worry. On the other hand, the fact that there are people who submitted after me getting IIs is extremely frustrating.
i would at least appreciate an email from them with an update. its been almost a month since i submitted mine and still not complete

Actual footage of me waiting on Georgetown to get their act together:

We haven't seen that huge wave of IIs yet, so I wouldn't get worried just yet!

Are people not getting their LORs marked as received or not having their secondary marked as complete? My LORs are marked as complete but my application isn't...

I submitted this secondary forever ago and still have not been marked as LORs received. What is going on?