2018-2019 Hackensack-Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Early may?? That's super late. I was told march, someone else was apparently told april, and now may. I don't think they have any idea either lol

Or people are reporting hearsay

Members don't see this ad.

Or people are reporting hearsay
At the interview yesterday they said that the date is the end of April (I don't remember the exact date but it was in the 20s). Also yesterday was the last day of interviews

Reactions: 2 users
At the interview yesterday they said that the date is the end of April (I don't remember the exact date but it was in the 20s). Also yesterday was the last day of interviews

They replied to my email saying second look was 4/27. They’re going to send out an email about it soon

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted. I have a feeling there’s no rejections and everyone goes on waitlist?

Last edited:
Just got an email from them! At least I know my acceptance wasn't a dream lol.

There's no financial aid posted as of yet but there's a note that says it'll likely be sent out in June if you're a continuing student. Hope it's not the case for us

Just got an email from them! At least I know my acceptance wasn't a dream lol.

There's no financial aid posted as of yet but there's a note that says it'll likely be sent out in June if you're a continuing student. Hope it's not the case for us

Did you send an update email pre or post interview?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone check the updated msar recently? The estimated class size shot up to 114. That’s a pretty big jump from the 80 or so that was quoted last year

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone check the updated msar recently? The estimated class size shot up to 114. That’s a pretty big jump from the 80 or so that was quoted last year
I remember them saying on interview day the class this year would be larger than last year so that makes sense

Has anyone figured out the magic password to get accepted yet?

Abra-Kadabra hasn’t been working :/

I think they mean the class of 2024 will be 114

I agree, because if you look at MSAR, a lot of the dates are in 2019 and 2020, so they may be projecting for the class of 2024. Also, at my interview they said that the class of 2023 will be 90 people.

I agree, because if you look at MSAR, a lot of the dates are in 2019 and 2020, so they may be projecting for the class of 2024. Also, at my interview they said that the class of 2023 will be 90 people.

Oh you're right. That makes a lot of sense actually
Do you know what the admission stats for last years cycle?

MCAT RANGE: 502-519
AVG MCAT: 511
AVG SGPA: 3.69
AVG GPA: 3.73

2100 verified apps, about 3/4 OOS
Little over 200 II, final class is 30/30 IS/OOS

Reactions: 4 users
Hello all, so I’ve been accepted here and I am on a waitlist at my first choice school. Given that Hackensack starts earlier than most other schools, if I hold onto this acceptance am I essentially removing a month or so of time I could be accepted from the waitlist at this other school? If someone could clear this up for me it’d be great. As in if I matriculate, all waitlist spots are voided? Thanks.

Hello all, so I’ve been accepted here and I am on a waitlist at my first choice school. Given that Hackensack starts earlier than most other schools, if I hold onto this acceptance am I essentially removing a month or so of time I could be accepted from the waitlist at this other school? If someone could clear this up for me it’d be great. As in if I matriculate, all waitlist spots are voided? Thanks.
I'm in a similar spot as you. I just got an email from Hackensack stating the deadline to hit commit to enroll is May 20th. My understanding is that when we choose to commit to enroll for a school we must drop all other waitlists and acceptances. This would be locking us into the school. So yeah it seems like there would be less time waiting on the waitlist if this were the case.

The email also says 4/27 is their second look date.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in a similar spot as you. I just got an email from Hackensack stating the deadline to hit commit to enroll is May 20th. My understanding is that when we choose to commit to enroll for a school we must drop all other waitlists and acceptances. This would be locking us into the school. So yeah it seems like there would be less time waiting on the waitlist if this were the case.

The email also says 4/27 is their second look date.
Could be wrong but I thought you can only have one school on commit to enroll, but you can switch it out if you get another offer

This is what I found off the AMCAS website "By selecting "Commit to Enroll," I am indicating that I have made my final selection and withdrawn all other applications, including waitlist positions." But I don't know how it will be enforced and it's confusing and everyone is still figuring it out. :shrug:
I don’t think it will be enforced. Poaching is apparently allowed now and since only the school you chose can see that status, I don’t know how they can even enforce that.

I’m going to call the admissions office and ask because it’s kind of concerning I could be forfeiting a decent chance at a waitlist acceptance (I am highly ranked in the WL).

I’m going to call the admissions office and ask because it’s kind of concerning I could be forfeiting a decent chance at a waitlist acceptance (I am highly ranked in the WL).
Let me know what they say! I'm on a couple of waitlists also and knowing will help relieve a bit of this anxiety.

If you arent off the waitlist by May 20 the chances of you eventually coming off it are slim.

Got a scholarship award sent to my email today so be on the look out for that!

Hey! Congrats on getting the letters. Were these just financial aid papers that outlined your loan options, or did you get actual scholarships that you don't need to pay back?
Thanks! It's a merit scholarship that won't need to be paid back. Loan options will come later in the actual financial aid letter.

If you arent off the waitlist by May 20 the chances of you eventually coming off it are slim.

This school specifically states they offer acceptances through July, even if chances are “slim”, I wouldn’t want to forfeit that unnecessarily.

This school specifically states they offer acceptances through July, even if chances are “slim”, I wouldn’t want to forfeit that unnecessarily.

Schools also state that their minimum MCAT for consideration is a 500. Doesn't mean it's smart to apply with a 501.

I get that you want to take the shot for the wait list, I'm just giving some perspective.

Tried to PM you..

Did we need to register for second look or anything like that? Also are y'all bringing guests?

Did we need to register for second look or anything like that? Also are y'all bringing guests?

In the email there's a hyperlink on the second look part for an online form to rsvp i believe