2018-2019 Lincoln Memorial University (LMUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted!! Woohoo!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptance call three minutes ago! The whole phone call was a blur. So much weight is off my shoulders congrats to all who got accepted as well and good luck to future interviewees!!

It hasn't fully hit me yet, and now I'm heading into work at the ER so I can't go off and have a cry haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know their acceptance rate? How many they interview and accept/reject? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
It hasn't fully hit me yet, and now I'm heading into work at the ER so I can't go off and have a cry haha.
I'm literally in the middle of class and had to step out. Haven't been able to get my cry on yet, but I know it's coming when I call my fiancee and mom.

8/24 also just got my acceptance!! I literally can’t believe it. Loved the school and everyone I met interviewing was super nice and cool. So excited right now.

Acceptance call three minutes ago! The whole phone call was a blur. So much weight is off my shoulders congrats to all who got accepted as well and good luck to future interviewees!!
Congrats! When did you interview?

There are a number of pretty neat community service organizations. Since the area is very rural, the population really benefits from the school's involvement with the community. The services are really limited to health education and outside of the remote area medical clinics where students basically are only allowed to do OMM, there's probably something that fits your interests. You can be as involved or as not involved at you'd like to be at DCOM, but I just have to throw it out there that you really have to remember that your education >>>>> all school related activities. I've seen far too many students fail and neglect board studies for school activities because "being involved" was part of what many students know from undergrad. Your amount of involvement with activities and the community will not save you if you are brought in front of SPC for failing classes.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by tertiary hospitals, but all of the hospitals we rotate through are community teaching hospitals. At the end of your 2nd year, you are given the option to rank the various hospitals in terms of your preference. This is placed into a lottery and you basically end up getting assigned to one of the sites where you must do your "core" rotations (IM, peds, ob/gyn, gen surg etc). Every site has its pros and cons and talking to your 3rd and 4th year classmates when the time comes can help give you an idea of what to expect from each site. Scattered in between your core rotations are "selective" and "elective" rotations. 3rd and 4th year require a TON of being proactive on the students part because there are simply too many of us for the rotations coordinators to be able to tend to without students actively reaching out. Also, none of our hospitals are academic centers and most academic hospitals will not allow you to rotate with them until late in 3rd year or until your 4th year.

Thank you for the info!! I really appreciated it!! What is the avg preceptor: student ratio at a rotation site? Regarding to the clinical rotation sties, I was told the same thing by my interviewer last week as well. What do you think the pros and cons of rotating at community hospital only? Will it affect the chance if I want to apply for residency in an academic hospital?

Thank you for the info!! I really appreciated it!! What is the avg preceptor: student ratio at a rotation site? Regarding to the clinical rotation sties, I was told the same thing by my interviewer last week as well. What do you think the pros and cons of rotating at community hospital only? Will it affect the chance if I want to apply for residency in an academic hospital?

The typical student to preceptor ratio is probably somewhere between 1:1 or 1:2 depending on what/where. This definitely has its pros and definitely has its cons. The pro being obviously with a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio, your preceptor gets to know you a whole lot better and you get to learn as much as they are willing to teach. The biggest downside to this in my opinion is that you will significantly miss out on learning what it means to be part of the "medical hierarchy." When you go to audition, you are going to get thrown in with a team interns, residents, chiefs, and attendings. During auditions, you are judged based on your ability to become an independent functioning part of that team. If your entire experience throughout 3rd year is the 1:1 with the attending, it is really difficult to have to suddenly become independent from them. If you are proactive during 3rd year, you can get a good mixture of both environments.

Whether or not you'll match into an academic hospital for residency is a complicated topic because it is so highly variable on what is expected. Not only do academic centers have different goals, the specialties in each programs may have their own thing that they're looking for as well. Rather than boring you with the details on this now, my short answer is maybe. If you'd like to know more about this, I'd be happy to discuss it through PMs since everyone has different end goals for medical school.

Did anyone who was accepted have trouble logging into the LMU email system? I contacted the helpdesk and they basically told me I wasn't in the system as accepted yet.

Interviewing here on 9/28! God all these acceptances makes me wish I interviewed earlier lol

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone who was accepted have trouble logging into the LMU email system? I contacted the helpdesk and they basically told me I wasn't in the system as accepted yet.
Any luck? I had trouble with the password, but a quick phone call and they were able to help. Do you know or anyone if we have to do anything else for our acceptance or everything is good until when the fee is due?

Members don't see this ad :)

As a heads up, my login worked for me today. I think the system just had to process everything haha.

For those of you that were accepted: what was the time frame between your interview and acceptance, from what i understand from previous posts on this thread it's approximately 2 weeks, is that correct? Also, how long do they give you to decide whether or not you want to go here? how much is the deposit, and is it refundable if you decide to withdraw your application at a later date?

For those asking about interviewee acceptance rates, my year they received 4000+ applications, interviewed 800ish, and accepted close to 500.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you that were accepted: what was the time frame between your interview and acceptance, from what i understand from previous posts on this thread it's approximately 2 weeks, is that correct? Also, how long do they give you to decide whether or not you want to go here? how much is the deposit, and is it refundable if you decide to withdraw your application at a later date?

I was interviewed on 08/31 and received my acceptance call on 09/08.
The universal deadline is 12/14 for anyone interview on or before the date.
Deposit is non-refundable but it will count towards your tuition fee. I don't remember exactly how much it is but most schools charge ~$2,000 for the deposit. Let me know if you have other questions!

Last edited:
I was interviewed on 08/31 and received my acceptance call on 09/08.
The universal deadline is 12/14 for anyone interview on or before the date.
Deposit is non-refundable but it will count towards your tuition fee. I don't remember exactly how much it is but most schools charge ~$2,000 for the deposit. Let me know if you have other questions!

Thank you! that answers all my questions for now

Hey guys! I interview here on Friday and I’m super excited. In the email, it says significant others/parents are welcome to attend. What exactly did they mean by “attend,” like attend the campus tour/financial aid/etc portion of the day?

It means you can bring them. Several people will. They won't be with you during the actual interview but they will the rest of the day.

Hey guys! I interview here on Friday and I’m super excited. In the email, it says significant others/parents are welcome to attend. What exactly did they mean by “attend,” like attend the campus tour/financial aid/etc portion of the day?
Please let us know how it goes!

Interviewed 8/31 and received acceptance call last night 9/9

Hi guys, I've submitted my application and paid for the supplemental application on 8/15... I didn't hear from them since then.
Do you think that may be a rejection?

Hi guys, I've submitted my application and paid for the supplemental application on 8/15... I didn't hear from them since then.
At some point you should get a complete e-mail.

I submitted the aacomas app on 8/24 and received my complete email yesterday (9/10)

Congrats man! Welcome haha
I just got the LMU email that says login to myLMU to set up an email account but cannot login using the sign in information provided in the email. Did you have any issues setting up your email account?

I just got the LMU email that says login to myLMU to set up an email account but cannot login using the sign in information provided in the email. Did you have any issues setting up your email account?
did you use the password from the acceptance email? it said to just use your birthdate but the acceptance email said a different one and that worked for me

did you use the password from the acceptance email? it said to just use your birthdate but the acceptance email said a different one and that worked for me
The acceptance email says "with the password you set up."

The acceptance email says "with the password you set up."
For me, it took about two days before it let me log in using the information they sent me over email. So just give it time so the system can confirm everything but if it doesn't work after a while then email them I suppose.

I submitted the aacomas app on 8/24 and received my complete email yesterday (9/10)
I sent them an e-mail yesterday and I received a reply
" Your file is complete and will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee soon. If chosen for an interview, we will contact you by phone or email with available dates. Interviews are conducted August 2018 through April 2019."

I'll be there this Friday! Does anyone mind sharing how the day went and what type of questions they asked? Thanksss

I sent them an e-mail yesterday and I received a reply
" Your file is complete and will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee soon. If chosen for an interview, we will contact you by phone or email with available dates. Interviews are conducted August 2018 through April 2019."
yep thats the complete email i received!

Interview complete today!! Should hear back by next Friday. The TAT is super fast!

are there research opportunities at LMU?
At my interview almost all of the student ambassadors stated they were taking part in some sort of research from the school and that there's dedicated staff that constantly emails students of research opportunities.

This may be a dumb question but what exactly is a closed file interview?

It’s not dumb at all haha, ask any questions you like on the forum! Closed file means when you walk into the interview room, the interviewers only know your name. So basically you want to relay to them experiences you’ve had, important things you want to note, etc. based on the questions they ask you. This helped them get an idea of who you are as a student since they do not have all your information sitting in front of them.

It’s not dumb at all haha, ask any questions you like on the forum! Closed file means when you walk into the interview room, the interviewers only know your name. So basically you want to relay to them experiences you’ve had, important things you want to note, etc. based on the questions they ask you. This helped them get an idea of who you are as a student since they do not have all your information sitting in front of them.

Thank you! I’m new to the game lol

Do most schools do this?

Thank you! I’m new to the game lol

Do most schools do this?

I'm not sure about how many schools conduct closed file interviews but if you search through the threads for each specific school you'll find out for sure. The 3 interviews I've been on so far were closed file.

Accepted! Interviewed 9/7. Woo, I'm gonna be a doctor!

Reactions: 12 users
Got the acceptance call last night, interviewed 9/7!

Reactions: 6 users