2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who got an II before submitting secondary, did you end up completing the secondary before attending the interview? In the same situation
So I have interviewed but completed the secondary before I got II. This is my opinion so throw it in the trash if you want. I would complete it. Not doing so would look bad imo. Also, the "why meharry?" And resilience essays give you an opportunity to make your case to the whole committee. Otherwise, you're banking on your primary app and your interviewer to make your case for you. Use those essays and the video to demonstrate to the committee members you won't meet that this is where you want to be. Again jmo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So I have interviewed but completed the secondary before I got II. This is my opinion so throw it in the trash if you want. I would complete it. Not doing so would look bad imo. Also, the "why meharry?" And resilience essays give you an opportunity to make your case to the whole committee. Otherwise, you're banking on your primary app and your interviewer to make your case for you. Use those essays and the video to demonstrate to the committee members you won't meet that this is where you want to be. Again jmo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using

Thanks! makes sense I'm definitely going to submit before the interview just wanted to see others experience

Reactions: 1 user
I'm starting to feel like if I didn't get an interview with the primary, it sure ain't coming with the secondary...."humps shoulders"

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview they said that the first round of acceptances would be given dec 15th
Congratulations on your interview! When did you submit your primary application and secondary application? When did you receive your email for the interview invite? Also do they email you when you receive your Interview Invite or do you check the portal ?

Congratulations on your interview! When did you submit your primary application and secondary application? When did you receive your email for the interview invite? Also do they email you when you receive your Interview Invite or do you check the portal ?
Submitted early September, got my II sept 28 and they emailed me.

I'm starting to feel like if I didn't get an interview with the primary, it sure ain't coming with the secondary...."humps shoulders"

Right... low key want a refund and some positive affirmations for the video lol.

Has anyone received an interview with an Mcat lower than a 500?

At my interview they said that the first round of acceptances would be given dec 15th
Oh, great. Thanks! That seems different than previous years... I thought they sent out on a rolling admission thing. I wonder if people will hear rejections before then...

Members don't see this ad :)
Any other OOS still waiting on II? Anyone know how long the interview season is for this school? Seems like they began sending out II later than most schools, hoping that means longer interview period also...

Reactions: 2 users
490 GPA 3.6
Either you know someone on admissions or this is a troll. Theres no way a 490 gets an interview, especially this early in the cycle. Their minimum is a 495...

Last edited:
Hey, just to be clear, you got an interview with a 490? if that is correct, did they ask you to explain this in your interview?
I misunderstood the post. I thought she was asking is there anyone who received a secondary with stats below 500! Apologies for sending anyone into a frenzy.

does anyone know the likelihood of getting into a school with an MACT of 490?
I don't wanna be a downer because my MCAT is also a struggle but probably not :/ most schools (DO) have minimums of 490 and it can even be higher for some at 493 or 497. There can also be a restriction based on the percentile also. Getting into a school with <500 definitely isn't impossible, but 490 is a bit of a stretch

I don't wanna be a downer because my MCAT is also a struggle but probably not :/ most schools (DO) have minimums of 490 and it can even be higher for some at 493 or 497. There can also be a restriction based on the percentile also. Getting into a school with <500 definitely isn't impossible, but 490 is a bit of a stretch
Oh no you're not being a downer. I just wanted to know because test taking really is not my strong point so its is not a good reflection of what I am capable of doing. I just wanted to know was anyone here that got an interview, or can provide some information . Also what was your score if you do not mind me asking

Oh no you're not being a downer. I just wanted to know because test taking really is not my strong point so its is not a good reflection of what I am capable of doing. I just wanted to know was anyone here that got an interview, or can provide some information . Also what was your score if you do not mind me asking
pm me

I don't know why most people think DO schools accept so low. I've checked the stats, called and talked to admissions at several schools the minimum is 495 for like 2 DO schools, the rest are in the 500's.....if they accepted that low much more people would be in... DO is moving in the direction of MD acceptance. Also, I've called meharry and asked about scores below 495 and they said they will still look at the overall application for an interview, so it may just be who you talk to on the phone that day

Reactions: 2 users
I don't know why most people think DO schools accept so low. I've checked the stats, called and talked to admissions at several schools the minimum is 495 for like 2 DO schools, the rest are in the 500's.....if they accepted that low much more people would be in... DO is moving in the direction of MD acceptance. Also, I've called meharry and asked about scores below 495 and they said they will still look at the overall application for an interview, so it may just be who you talk to on the phone that day
I wasn’t implying that meeting the minimum equates to an acceptance. I meant that you won’t necessarily get screened out of a secondary. For sure DO schools accept wayyyy higher than that and most schools even say “we typically accept higher than the minimum.” Sorry if that was unclear!

lol exclamation points, I love it...too cute
I wasn’t implying that meeting the minimum equates to an acceptance. I meant that you won’t necessarily get screened out of a secondary. For sure DO schools accept wayyyy higher than that and most schools even say “we typically accept higher than the minimum.” Sorry if that was unclear!

i'm trying to view my status in my portal, but it's saying 'access denied'. anyone else have this problem?

Received an interview from here. But having trouble accessing the portal. Is anyone else having this problem?

Received an interview from here. But having trouble accessing the portal. Is anyone else having this problem?

Did you just receive an interview today? If so, when were you complete and stats please.

I submitted my app here on september my MCAT scores came back last week. What are my chances of getting in with a 498 and a 3.8 cumulative GPA?

Last edited:
I submitted my app here on 9/21 my MCAT scores came back last week. What are my chances of getting in with a 498 and a 3.8 cumulative GPA?

Your scores fit their range and if you go through last years thread, there were people with similar stats that got in. But no one can make a correct assessment with just your scores since Meharry looks at fit based on their mission.

Just got an II without having completed the secondary... should I bother to do the secondary?

I agree with the user above.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
Just got an II without having completed the secondary... should I bother to do the secondary?

This school is complete trash. They should have said from the get go that they’ll only be sending out interviews to those with high scores. I could have saved my money on the secondary if I knew. Clearly they don’t care about looking to see if you fit with their mission if you have a high mcat score.

This school is complete trash. They should have said from the get go that they’ll only be sending out interviews to those with high scores. I could have saved my money on the secondary if I knew. Clearly they don’t care about looking to see if you fit with their mission if you have a high mcat score.
Did they say they you wouldn’t get an interview? My application is still under review. I submitted in September and was marked “under review” on 9/26