2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Do y’all mind listing stats please?
Right! nonLizzy that crap tells us nothing, LOL!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I shouldn't have done the secondary:whistle:

Reactions: 5 users
Those of you who have gotten IIs are y’all in state or out of stats?

So I am guessing Meharry doesn't care about sceondaries. If you have the stats and experiences in primary app, you're good.

Reactions: 1 users
So I am guessing Meharry doesn't care about sceondaries. If you have the stats and experiences in primary app, you're good.

Not necessarily... I would still say submit; although it’s not really “fair” that some people have to pay for & complete the secondary when others don’t. But then again nothing is “fair” in md admissions lol

Reactions: 4 users
Not necessarily... I would still say submit; although it’s not really “fair” that some people have to pay for & complete the secondary when others don’t. But then again nothing is “fair” in md admissions lol

Agreed... I really pored over this secondary for so long and really spent so much time making sure the two essays were well written and polished. So much agony over the video interview, too. Oh well.

Reactions: 3 users
Agreed... I really pored over this secondary for so long and really spent so much time making sure the two essays were well written and polished. So much agony over the video interview, too. Oh well.
right lol same here...this proves secondaries don't mean much if u got the numbers....

Reactions: 1 user
I think they're the only school to have done this right? I'm sure other schools have a way that they filter and see the apps that are complete. Maybe Meharry made a mistake but it's kinda too late to pull back IIs.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s actually a little disheartening :( because Lord knows how long I spent on those essays and how many takes that I did on that video

Reactions: 5 users
anyone applying on here with less than a 500 mcat?

Reactions: 1 users
It’s actually a little disheartening :( because Lord knows how long I spent on those essays and how many takes that I did on that video

That’s facts and super grimey from the school lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
I dare one of the students that got an II without submitting a secondary to ask adcoms why they were chosen if they didn't have supplementary information about them, and why others werent chosen. o_O

right lol same here...this proves secondaries don't mean much if u got the numbers....
It's awk bc my numbers are beyond the averages, what I really focused on is how I would fit into their mission. *shrugs* those that got IIs, let us know how they go :)

weird alert lol! So guys, do Meharry see other schools that you apply to? I logged on to view my secondary in review activity and on top it said 1 unsubmitted form from other schools. I clicked on the form and it was morehouse secondary application. Yes I haven't turned in my secondary for morehouse (gotta wait for paycheck duh) but how is this a Meharry issue lol??

weird alert lol! So guys, do Meharry see other schools that you apply to? I logged on to view my secondary in review activity and on top it said 1 unsubmitted form from other schools. I clicked on the form and it was morehouse secondary application. Yes I haven't turned in my secondary for morehouse (gotta wait for paycheck duh) but how is this a Meharry issue lol??
If i understand it correctly, I believe that they use the same third party to process applications. No sure if they can see it but I dont think they can. I think it is more for our convenience.

If i understand it correctly, I believe that they use the same third party to process applications. No sure if they can see it but I dont think they can. I think it is more for our convenience.
Oh that makes sense now. Thanks for responding.

Yeah dont stress it I have like 7 forms in there (WVU,wake,UMich....even my undergrad app is there).

Hey guys for the video interview for the secondary app, did anyone have problems with sound?

Hey guys for the video interview for the secondary app, did anyone have problems with sound?

Yes! Had to play around with it a bit, but use headphones and change the settings so ambient noise is all the way down and it should work

I edited the microphone settings by right clicking on the webcam area. It picked up the sound but it was kinda loud with small noises. Play with it a little and try not to move to much to cause additional noise. Good luck!

Can anyone who already had their interview DM me about the experience, what kinds of questions they answered, and what the interviewers were like?

Who is in this thread who submitted there secondary in September who also received an Interview Invite?

I submitted in September, haven't heard anything yet.

Hi, I am just wanting some advice. I applied to Meharry early, but did not finish the secondary (just the video). Despite this, I received an interview invite like a few other people as well. I am wondering if you think this may be a clerical error? should I submit the secondary before I got to the interview or would that look worse?

Hi, I am just wanting some advice. I applied to Meharry early, but did not finish the secondary (just the video). Despite this, I received an interview invite like a few other people as well. I am wondering if you think this may be a clerical error? should I submit the secondary before I got to the interview or would that look worse?
congrats do you mind sharing your stats please? Im not sure on what to tell u because it is odd to me that they are sending out interview without applicant submitting secondaries but maybe this is a new "thing" they started doing this year. You can call but they are hard to get in contact with but anything is better than wasting money on a ticket if it turns out there was an error. Good luck either way!

Since they're giving out early interviews to people with petty good stats without a secondary, wonder when the rest of us will hear something??Ugggg the wait, but I was told they interview all the way to March

Hey! I was checking some other pages and I'd never heard of people getting IIs before secondaries are completed, but I've noticed it on this thread. If this happens, do you still have to do the secondary? Do you guys know why it is happening?

congrats do you mind sharing your stats please? Im not sure on what to tell u because it is odd to me that they are sending out interview without applicant submitting secondaries but maybe this is a new "thing" they started doing this year. You can call but they are hard to get in contact with but anything is better than wasting money on a ticket if it turns out there was an error. Good luck either way!

I have a pretty low GPA, but a 515 MCAT. I obtained and lead a large grant in undergrad. I think they may also be interested in the statement of disadvantage I wrote because I am a FAP recipient and half black, but white passing.

Submitted my secondary yesterday and the email confirmation states: "To verify that your form data has been sent, received, and confirmed, click on the listing for the institution under "Submitted forms" in your Personal Activity Page". However, I can't see if my letters have been submitted or a complete indication. Does anyone know how to navigate this page to see their status?

Submitted my secondary yesterday and the email confirmation states: "To verify that your form data has been sent, received, and confirmed, click on the listing for the institution under "Submitted forms" in your Personal Activity Page". However, I can't see if my letters have been submitted or a complete indication. Does anyone know how to navigate this page to see their status?
You could email them. They were responsive when I had secondary questions. Looking through my emails from them I never got a true “complete” email but I went under review last month (so I’m assuming that everything did get transmitted).

That’s not going to show you anything. It was the same way last year

Does anyone know when acceptances start rolling in? Or the next wave of interviews?

For those who got an II before submitting secondary, did you end up completing the secondary before attending the interview? In the same situation