2018-2019 Rocky Vista University (Parker, Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received today for Colorado campus!!
So excited!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II via email! Super excited this is my top choice D.O. school

Reactions: 4 users
Completion date 6/23 but no word yet in the portal eeeek.

Reactions: 1 user
So happy that interviews are so selective! I can trust that I’m not totally wasting money by flying out to the interview. Love rocky vista, definitely one of my top choices!

So happy that interviews are so selective! I can trust that I’m not totally wasting money by flying out to the interview. Love rocky vista, definitely one of my top choices!

How selective are they?
Do you know anything about their interview vs accepted ratio?

They said in the interview invite email they are very selective and because of that accept over 80% of the people they interview

Reactions: 1 users
They said in the interview invite email they are very selective and because of that accept over 80% of the people they interview
Now this makes me even more nervous that I didn't anything back yet when lots of people got II yesterday. But I guess no noise is better than a rejection

Oh interesting, I saw the “very selective part” but I don’t remember reading the 80% accepted out of our interviews in the email

Where in the MyVista does it show that they received your letters? I havn't been able to find anything that mentions the status of my LORs.
In Applican- UT under UT- File Status.

It used to be empty but yesterday they added everything to my file.

Also I need UT- Admission Status it now says File Complete

Oh interesting, I saw the “very selective part” but I don’t remember reading the 80% accepted out of our interviews in the email

It says it in the email after you choose an interview date- they send you a confirmation email and in that one it says "We are very mindful of how stressful and expensive the medical school admissions process is. Therefore we are very selective of who we bring in to interview. Last year we accepted over 80% of the candidates we interviewed."

Members don't see this ad :)
In Applican- UT under UT- File Status.

It used to be empty but yesterday they added everything to my file.

Also I need UT- Admission Status it now says File Complete

Thank you! Also, did you apply to the Utah campus? Above you mention being concerned about not receiving an II, but it looks like they were just sending out invites for the Colorado campus.

Thank you! Also, did you apply to the Utah campus? Above you mention being concerned about not receiving an II, but it looks like they were just sending out invites for the Colorado campus.

Pretty sure they were just doing the Colorado campus right now.

Hi! Soon to be first year here. Just wanted to say congrats on the early interview invite. I know last year if you got an early invite they said they accepted about 90%.

i just see Supplemental submitted and the date (a few weeks ago)... is there supposed to be other information there?

i just see Supplemental submitted and the date (a few weeks ago)... is there supposed to be other information there?
Mine was like that until Thursday and then it changed and had when they received my app, letters, etc

How long did it take for those of you who are "complete" to become complete? I submitted my app 7/2 and all my letters have been in since June, MCAT is in also. Not sure if I should email but it seems to be taking a long time to be complete.

FSU secondary.

500 word max. Ok to just put a few sentences for this one? Rest of mine are near 500 words.

How long did it take for those of you who are "complete" to become complete? I submitted my app 7/2 and all my letters have been in since June, MCAT is in also. Not sure if I should email but it seems to be taking a long time to be complete.
I submitted first day I got my secondary (Like June 20 i think) and became complete on 7/6

I submitted first day I got my secondary (Like June 20 i think) and became complete on 7/6
Wowwwww okay that's super long... so I guess i'll be patient now. You didn't get an email- the portal just updated right?

Wowwwww okay that's super long... so I guess i'll be patient now. You didn't get an email- the portal just updated right?
haha yeah I submitted the 22nd and mine isn't complete yet, so it definitely takes at least a couple of weeks to process.

Last edited:
II about 5 hours ago! Dates offered were 3rd week of August and first week of September

But I thought that meant that it was complete and being considered? Should it say under review or something ifyou are being considered for interviews?

But I thought that meant that it was complete and being considered? Should it say under review or something ifyou are being considered for interviews?

My admission's status said "secondary submitted" since 07/02. My status just changed to "FILEC" today 07/12. Hope that helps anyone that is tracking this forum.

Anyone else submit secondary around 6/22 and still on Applicant status?? Starting to get concerned lol :nailbiting:
I submitted and was filed as complete on 6/23 and still reading as applicant under admission status. :/

First II yippeee!! Submitted 7/3 and not sure when "complete" but must have been very recent- maybe even yesterday as I checked the portal recently and was still "Applicant".

Anyone else going 8/22 for the PM interview?
Also- what's up with this dress code- any current students know if this is seriously enforced or not?

Interview invite! Just have to verify that I will complete one more bio class to make their 12 required credits.

Does anyone know if there's a strong preference for bordering states? I'm OOS, and considering sending my primary.

Does anyone know if there's a strong preference for bordering states? I'm OOS, and considering sending my primary.

I know they prefer CO residents, but if you think there is a fit, then I would say go for it. I know for a fact they love students that envision collaboration and having past clinical experiences. PM if you want more info.

I live no where near Colorado (im in Virgnia) and got an interview for what its worth.

If I am still marked as "Applicant" and "Supplemental Complete" should I call? Or does it just take awhile? I am getting a bit neurotic, I suppose.

If I am still marked as "Applicant" and "Supplemental Complete" should I call? Or does it just take awhile? I am getting a bit neurotic, I suppose.

just be patient... took two weeks for me even though all of my LOR were already in and MCAT finished.

It's been almost four for me... But I can be patient! Haha. It is a long cycle, I guess.

It's been almost four for me... But I can be patient! Haha. It is a long cycle, I guess.
is there something holding you back from being complete- LOR, MCAT, etc.? If not then yeah you can check with them I just wouldn't check with them more than once!

Nah, everything has been in since well before June 15, and secondary was complete the day I got it (21st, 22nd?). I guess I can call tomorrow.