2018-2019 Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll PM you!

Curious as well, haha. My guess is cost. You couldn’t have applied for EDP and you can’t have an MD acceptance yet so you must have applied to too many schools and now that you have a million interviews you are withdrawing from the ones you really don’t see yourself attending. You’re banking on an acceptance from the interview you have or will attend? How close am I?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
What is this school’s interview style? MMI? Traditional?

Finally hit under review lol..RIP

II for the Bethlehem campus! LM ~ 70 - 74, complete mid July.

Reactions: 5 users
I got an II for the Bethlehem campus today. However, circumstances in my life have changed and although I had ranked St. Luke's as my first preference, I am now interested in the main campus. I was wondering, if I wanted to change my preference, would it make them re-consider their interview invite? Should I just call the admissions office and ask in regards to my situation? Any advice helps, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning for Bethlehem! Looks like my portal isn't updated to schedule the interview, just says 'Visit Temple'? Anyone else have this problem?

Reactions: 5 users
II this morning for Bethlehem! Looks like my portal isn't updated to schedule the interview, just says 'Visit Temple'? Anyone else have this problem?
The only option I see on the portal is "schedule a visit" but this looks like all undergrad stuff?? Trying to figure this out too lol

Congrats, mind sharing your stats?

also got an II for Bethlehem this morning! I can't seem to schedule yet either (complete 7/18, LM ~75)

To all those trying to schedule their interview: there’s a link to a different web service you need to register for. It’s in your interview offer email. You don’t do it through the applicant portal.

To all those trying to schedule their interview: there’s a link to a different web service you need to register for. It’s in your interview offer email. You don’t do it through the applicant portal.
I made an account on the TUportal using the ID number given in the email, but there isn't an option to schedule an interview on the page

The only option I see on the portal is "schedule a visit" but this looks like all undergrad stuff?? Trying to figure this out too lol
I just checked again and it had appeared! So check back later and I'm sure it'll be there!!

Reactions: 1 users
Do they send out rejections? Radio silence since early July... :/

Do they send out rejections? Radio silence since early July... :/
Idk if they do, but nothing is better than a rejection email! I heard nothing back from a certain med school since June then suddenly, a few days ago, I got an II. Never lose hope :)

Reactions: 4 users
You're allowed to pick any day to interview? I'm confused by the interview scheduling link provided by TU Portal
It asked me to choose my own day

You're allowed to pick any day to interview? I'm confused by the interview scheduling link provided by TU Portal
It asked me to choose my own day
mine only had one day available to choose...

Does the status for the application ever change from "complete" to "under review" or do we assume complete means under review?

Hi everyone, does the 2,000 character limit for the secondary essays include spaces?

I got an II for the Bethlehem campus today. However, circumstances in my life have changed and although I had ranked St. Luke's as my first preference, I am now interested in the main campus. I was wondering, if I wanted to change my preference, would it make them re-consider their interview invite? Should I just call the admissions office and ask in regards to my situation? Any advice helps, thanks!

I don't know if it will hurt your application to ask or to try and switch now, but what I do know is you are allowed to switch campuses up until you actually start year 2. The only condition is you have to find someone who will trade spots with you. So if you want to stay at main campus, someone has to take your Bethlehem spot. Your year may be different, but so far this year there are more people trying to switch into the Bethlehem campus than out, and there has already been at least one person to switch campuses.

II this morning for main campus! OOS, LM 69, complete 7/19. Plenty of dates left in October!

Reactions: 8 users
Did anyone have trouble figuring out where to upload the photo after scheduling an interview? Not sure if I'm just missing anything but I can't find the photo link

Also- are you guys able to log back into the TU portal after you scheduled the interview? I'm trying log back in after getting the confirmation email and it keeps saying my log in/password are invalid

Did anyone have trouble figuring out where to upload the photo after scheduling an interview? Not sure if I'm just missing anything but I can't find the photo link

Also- are you guys able to log back into the TU portal after you scheduled the interview? I'm trying log back in after getting the confirmation email and it keeps saying my log in/password are invalid

If you go back to the portal you submitted your secondary through and click on "Submit Supplementary Items" (last item on the checklist at the bottom), you should see an item that says "LKSOM photo".

To anyone who interviewed, do you know if we will find out Oct 15?

To anyone who interviewed, do you know if we will find out Oct 15?
Depends what the status of your application is. If it's an acceptance, they'll send an e-mail and a packet. If you're on the waitlist, you'll get no e-mail and a letter in the mail. So the time may vary.

yes i was told this too. they also said they were more likely to give out waitlist decisions then out right acceptances

Yeah I was bummed hearing we would get the news back in December. Drexel also said they are more likely to waitlist. Doesn't seem like these AAMC changes are making our lives easier...

Yeah I was bummed hearing we would get the news back in December. Drexel also said they are more likely to waitlist. Doesn't seem like these AAMC changes are making our lives easier...

Tbh they’re really only making it easier for people who are top applicants who end up with multiple II/acceptances. The rest of us are SOL

Reactions: 2 users
Tbh they’re really only making it easier for people who are top applicants who end up with multiple II/acceptances. The rest of us are SOL

Yeah with a 67 LizzyM I'm fully expecting to be sitting on a bunch of waitlists unfortunately. Hopefully other applicants give up their spots if they have multiple acceptances but I'm not banking on it.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah with a 67 LizzyM I'm fully expecting to be sitting on a bunch of waitlists unfortunately. Hopefully other applicants give up their spots if they have multiple acceptances but I'm not banking on it.
I don’t understand why people on here keep saying that people with multiple II will give up there spots. I just don’t see that many people giving up II let alone acceptances. Plus someone mentioned that one of the new rules is that applicants can keep 3 acceptances after some April date so that’s probably not gonna benefit the majority of applicants either

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t understand why people on here keep saying that people with multiple II will give up there spots. I just don’t see that many people giving up II let alone acceptances. Plus someone mentioned that one of the new rules is that applicants can keep 3 acceptances after some April date so that’s probably not gonna benefit the majority of applicants either
I have a list of 3 schools I will still go to if they give me an II after I have an acceptance. Other than that, Im declining them. And some people may get into their top choice and reject all other acceptances or even narrow it down to 2-3 if they have a lot.

Edit: Im working full time and funding my app cycle so not really trying to travel unless I have to or feel very strongly about the school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I have a list of 3 schools I will still go to if they give me an II after I have an acceptance. Other than that, Im declining them. And some people may get into their top choice and reject all other acceptances or even narrow it down to 2-3 if they have a lot.

I have a ranking of the schools that I've interviewed at so far and I would try to not hold multiple acceptances so that others can get the seat (if I'm lucky enough to get multiple acceptances and have a choice). But something tells me that we're the exception and not the norm.

I have a ranking of the schools that I've interviewed at so far and I would try to not hold multiple acceptances so that others can get the seat (if I'm lucky enough to get multiple acceptances and have a choice). But something tells me that we're the exception and not the norm.
Yeah I interviewed at one of my IS schools and its cheap and everybody seemed happy. Good enough for me. The other one is "better ranked" and in a cool city but its also insanely expensive so would have to see financial aid to see if its worth it. And the 3rd is even more expensive and I would drop them if I get into any other school (cuz they rarely give scholarships so its gonna be $$$$$$ for sure)

Hi everyone, I have a question about the location of the community service options offered by Temple. Specifically, I am interested in Bridging the Gaps, TEACH, and the Street Side Health Clinic opportunities. Are these organizations located closer to Philadelphia or Bethlehem?