Jul 5, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Hi everyone, I have a question about the location of the community service options offered by Temple. Specifically, I am interested in Bridging the Gaps, TEACH, and the Street Side Health Clinic opportunities. Are these organizations located closer to Philadelphia or Bethlehem?
Hey, M1 here. Given the community that surrounds Temple main in Philly, there are naturally more opportunities for community service in Philly. I'm sure Bethlehem has some community service opportunities too but, I can confidently say that Temple main probably has a lot more. If you're interested in helping the community, I'd pick Temple main. North Philly is extremely underserved and can use all the help they can get, especially by someone motivated!

Reactions: IceDuchess and burb

Master Thinker

2+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Where do you find application status on the portal? I might have the wrong link
Are you talking about the interview decision? If so, that's in a different portal that they give you after you get an interview. My interview notification was not in my secondary portal.

Reactions: non-trad-app
May 19, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical, Psychology Student
I'm an OOS student with a 69 LizzyM and submitted in late August (stupid CASPer)...is that on par with any of you being sent IIs? I was so excited to interview at Katz...

Reactions: molly41
Nov 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm an OOS student with a 69 LizzyM and submitted in late August (stupid CASPer)...is that on par with any of you being sent IIs? I was so excited to interview at Katz...
I’m sure it is based off LizzyM alone but as we all know there is a lot more being considered. Hope you get that II too but it’s just a waiting game until then.

Reactions: molly41

IceDuchess

2+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student
Hey, M1 here. Given the community that surrounds Temple main in Philly, there are naturally more opportunities for community service in Philly. I'm sure Bethlehem has some community service opportunities too but, I can confidently say that Temple main probably has a lot more. If you're interested in helping the community, I'd pick Temple main. North Philly is extremely underserved and can use all the help they can get, especially by someone motivated!

Thank you so much! I just submitted my application. :)

I am very interested in working with the underserved, so the Philly campus sounds perfect for me. Hoping to hear some good news soon. Thanks again and have a great day!

Sep 21, 2017
I think my chances are shot here since for one of my secondary questions I put “refer to question “x” above” lol. I got burned out of writing that secondary and the information they wanted I had already answered previously. Oh well though.

Sep 12, 2018
does anyone know about lodging for temple interviews? i emailed and admissions office said they don't offer student hosting (bummer). but usually school at least have recommended/discounted deals at local hotels? anyone know about these?

for anyone who has interviewed here already/has made plans to - what would you recommend for lodging and transportation for someone who is flying in? thanks for your help, and sorry for all the questions!!

SpeedaBoY

2+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
does anyone know about lodging for temple interviews? i emailed and admissions office said they don't offer student hosting (bummer). but usually school at least have recommended/discounted deals at local hotels? anyone know about these?

for anyone who has interviewed here already/has made plans to - what would you recommend for lodging and transportation for someone who is flying in? thanks for your help, and sorry for all the questions!!
I stayed at an Airbnb and used Uber to get from my bnb to temple. My bnb was a 15 minute drive from temple so it wasn’t too close or too far (Temple’s area is a little sus for some people.) Since it’s Philadelphia, there are dozens of bnbs and hotels available so choose whatever works best for you!

Feb 26, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone know if Temple is receptive to ITA requests ? It would be nice to hit all the Pennsylvania schools I applied to in one trip. Thanks!

Jul 12, 2018
Does anyone know if Temple is really receptive to updates? Publications, conferences, etc.
There is an option in the application portal to upload supplemental materials. Thats what I used to upload any updates.

Reactions: girlwithwings
Jul 30, 2018
Does anyone know how parking is on campus or how reliable subways are? Trying to figure out the best way to get to my interview from NJ

Jun 25, 2018
Status
Does anyone know how parking is on campus or how reliable subways are? Trying to figure out the best way to get to my interview from NJ
There is a parking garage directly across the street as part of the hospital! I think it is $12 for the day, very convenient.

Reactions: mdtobe1896

Master Thinker

2+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2015
Status
Decisions come out on Dec 15 right? Thought I heard that during my interview but forgot

Sep 12, 2018
for anyone who's interviewed here already, what was the general schedule of the interview day like? i never got any info about itinerary like some other schools give out. also - any part of the interview day that requires us to be outdoors for more than like a minute at a time? (asking as a southerner who under packed for my first NE interview) thanks!

Boros

2+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
II yesterday! Complete 9/7.
Is this weekend interview thing limited to just Temple or are there other schools that do this too?

Aug 18, 2018
Status
Is this weekend interview thing limited to just Temple or are there other schools that do this too?
It is the first time I receive an interview at 3am on a Saturday, haha, but I've heard of other schools doing it too.

Reactions: Boros

SpeedaBoY

2+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
for anyone who's interviewed here already, what was the general schedule of the interview day like? i never got any info about itinerary like some other schools give out. also - any part of the interview day that requires us to be outdoors for more than like a minute at a time? (asking as a southerner who under packed for my first NE interview) thanks!
The interview day was definitely one of the more unique ones. Everyone gets their own schedule and a map of temple campus. You have two interviews (the general consensus from my fellow interviewees was that both interviews were really chill.) Your day also consists of a writing activity but it was really easy. Basically a typical secondary prompt. You can have either interview or the writing activity first but everyone has the school tour and student lunch together. Whenever you’re not on the tour, an interview, or the writing activity, you get to lounge around in the admissions office with other interviewees which was a lot of fun because we all just ate snacks and made small talk. The school itself is also really impressive, and personally I dont think the area it’s in is a problem as there are guards everywhere and most people live off campus anyways (plus this is the patient population that needs the most help so I appreciate Temple for serving them.) You do need to go outside depending on where your interviews are but all the buildings are next to each other. Hope this helps and good luck future class of 2023 ;)

Sep 10, 2018
va, usa
Status
Pre-Medical
Reactions: non-trad-app
Sep 12, 2018
The interview day was definitely one of the more unique ones. Everyone gets their own schedule and a map of temple campus. You have two interviews (the general consensus from my fellow interviewees was that both interviews were really chill.) Your day also consists of a writing activity but it was really easy. Basically a typical secondary prompt. You can have either interview or the writing activity first but everyone has the school tour and student lunch together. Whenever you’re not on the tour, an interview, or the writing activity, you get to lounge around in the admissions office with other interviewees which was a lot of fun because we all just ate snacks and made small talk. The school itself is also really impressive, and personally I dont think the area it’s in is a problem as there are guards everywhere and most people live off campus anyways (plus this is the patient population that needs the most help so I appreciate Temple for serving them.) You do need to go outside depending on where your interviews are but all the buildings are next to each other. Hope this helps and good luck future class of 2023 ;)
wow thanks that was super helpful and exactly the info i needed! mindreader! thanks again

Reactions: axs07 and SpeedaBoY