2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today! Also got a phone call followed by an email! I know this is such such a long waiting game but everyone hang in there! fingers crossed for all of you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I hope there are still offers left :(

Congrats everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you everyone! It still doesn't feel real lol!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone that withdrew before April 30 get their refund?

Does anyone know if they’re done pulling from the waitlist? Was last week the wave we’ve been waiting for?

Has anyone not doing MPH (so starting classes in August) received financial aide awards/ scholarships?

Just got the call. ACCEPTED :)

Reactions: 14 users
So what supplies do we need? (Scrubs, books, etc...)

So what supplies do we need? (Scrubs, books, etc...)

crappy scrubs you don't mind getting absolutely destroyed by smells in anatomy lab
nice(r) scrubs for whenever you shadow at the hospital or take on a TB shift at a clinic and you don't want to get dressed up in your white coat
You get a (good enough) stethoscope at your white coat ceremony for free, but you might want to invest in a littmann or something as a nice matriculation present to yourself.

For the first two months or so you're just taking anatomy and the only absolutely required books are Gray's anatomy for students (3rd ed?) and a copy of Grant's dissector (16th?) though i'm just guessing what editions they're looking for this year (you will also probably buy another copy of the dissector as a lab group and keep that one in the lab because... smells and liquids). you can decide later once you feel out the course if you want to get any supplementary resources later like atlases, flashcard sets, etc.

the bookstore in the school of medicine sells all of the above but I mean it's 2019 we all know to look online for better deals

crappy scrubs you don't mind getting absolutely destroyed by smells in anatomy lab
nice(r) scrubs for whenever you shadow at the hospital or take on a TB shift at a clinic and you don't want to get dressed up in your white coat
You get a (good enough) stethoscope at your white coat ceremony for free, but you might want to invest in a littmann or something as a nice matriculation present to yourself.

For the first two months or so you're just taking anatomy and the only absolutely required books are Gray's anatomy for students (3rd ed?) and a copy of Grant's dissector (16th?) though i'm just guessing what editions they're looking for this year (you will also probably buy another copy of the dissector as a lab group and keep that one in the lab because... smells and liquids). you can decide later once you feel out the course if you want to get any supplementary resources later like atlases, flashcard sets, etc.

the bookstore in the school of medicine sells all of the above but I mean it's 2019 we all know to look online for better deals
Awesome! Thank you so much! Any color scrubs I'm guessing?

When seeing patients, I would suggest blue or another calming color. I would imagine any color would work for anatomy lab.

For anatomy yeah, anything that you don't mind getting trashed. Some people had the nice green ones from the bookstore. others used old ones from scribe jobs, most wore the $10 ones from walmart and switched them out halfway through the course.

When seeing patients, I would suggest blue or another calming color. I would imagine any color would work for anatomy lab.

Green if you can!! It's how they identify us for a couple of things like anesthesia at Tulane or EM at UMC

Thought everyone still on the waitlist would like to know - I was in touch with Dr. Morris, the assistant dean of admissions, this morning to ask about waitlist movement. She says that the class is full and that she expects no more movement this summer. So all of us waitlisted folks, looks like this is the end of the road for us. I wish you all the best! Congrats again to everyone accepted!

Last edited:
Thought everyone still on the waitlist would like to know - I was in touch with Dr. Morris, the assistant dean of admissions, this morning to ask about waitlist movement. She says that the class is full and that she expects no more movement this summer. So all of us waitlisted folks, looks like this is the end of the road for us. I wish you all the best! Congrats again to everyone accepted!

Thanks for asking. It’s been a long ride, but I’m glad to finally have closure.

Accepted to my state school so will be withdrawing my acceptance here. I hope someone here gets a last minute acceptance!

Accepted to my state school so will be withdrawing my acceptance here. I hope someone here gets a last minute acceptance!

I wonder how quickly they'll turnover the seat since there's only a week left until the white coat ceremony.

Did anyone get accepted into Tulane without sending in Casper scores? I bombed my Casper I think and I was just wondering if I should cancel my scores to them? Any thoughts

you should do that ASAP!
n=1 but I was on hold and sent one immediately, got an II invite the next day (so I was on hold for less than a week). The dean mentioned that she likes to see some enthusiasm. So, if anyone really likes this school and hasn't been rejected, even if you've interviewed and haven't heard back send that letter of interest.
This might be a little late to ask...but did you send the letter of interest to their admission email, or through the portal? Thanks a ton!