Cranberry93

2+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone know when MPH classes would start this summer for MD/MPH students?
In addition to the June/July start dates mentioned, there are two online classes that you can take from anywhere which begin in June and end at the end of July.

Reactions: im783
Oct 16, 2018
Student Affairs ~ Match Day ~ 2019 Results & Archive | Medicine

Btw, I'm suprised no one brought this up, but here's the match list. The number of prelim matches in medicine seems astonishingly high. This list doesn't make it clear which med-prelim matches were part of another advanced position for pgy2+ or not, so could someone shed some light on that? Prelim surgery has 6 matches, but with 12+ matches in categorical surgical positions, that doesn't seem *too* bad.

Cranberry93

2+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone know Tulane's policy on Plan to Enroll? Can't find it online anywhere.
"Beginning Tuesday, February 19th and afterward, AMCAS will send out correspondences to all admitted medical school applicants and allow them to select “Plan to Enroll” in their AMCAS Application. Doing this will allow applicants to communicate to all schools that have accepted them that they have made their choice about where they plan to enroll. On April 30th, you will be allowed to select “Commit to Enroll”.
Utilizing this feature does not bind you to a particular school nor does it automatically withdraw your application. We do ask that if you have made your final decision, please notify the other respective schools as so they can offer that spot to another eagerly awaiting applicant. Below is a suggested timeline for your decision process.
February 19 – “Plan to Enroll” becomes available.
April 15 – Suggested that applicants narrow their acceptance offers to three and withdraw other outstanding applications.
April 30 – “Commit to Enroll” becomes available. As stated in your admissions offer letter, Tulane University School of Medicine does reserve the right to withdraw admitted applications that have failed to submit the $100 commitment deposit by the April 30th deadline."

Apr 17, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know why Tulane isn't ranked on US News? They have solid step scores and are pretty competitive so I've been trying to figure this out

Oct 10, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Declined an entrance scholarship to the MPH dual degree program, for anyone waiting, hopefully you get it!

Oct 26, 2018
For those waitlisted: does tulane send a final decision letter (rejection) if you don’t get the call that you’re accepted off the list? Or does tulane just keep you hanging?

animalluver101

2+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2017
Status
A lot of schools let you know like the day before classes start that they've closed the application cycle, which is a lot of fun. I'm hoping Tulane lets us know sooner so that I could stop waiting.

Edit: I withdrew from the waitlist so no more waiting lol

Last edited:
Reactions: bkf22
Dec 30, 2017
Status
Oh do they call if you're accepted off the waitlist, no email?
I would think it would be through email (since acceptances were through email as well).

Apr 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I was accepted via email a few days ago (WL back in feb). Haven’t really had much communication since other than dual programs. Do we have to do anything beyond the $100 deposit? Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: goriku671

goriku671

5+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2012
La Jolla
Status
Pre-Medical
I was accepted via email a few days ago (WL back in feb). Haven’t really had much communication since other then dual programs. Do we have to do anything beyond the $100 deposit? Thanks.
Omg omg, has WL movement already started????!!
I was waitlisted back in feb too!

Oh and congrats!!

Reactions: lccc3211
Jun 15, 2018
I was accepted via email a few days ago (WL back in feb). Haven’t really had much communication since other than dual programs. Do we have to do anything beyond the $100 deposit? Thanks.
Congratulations! I don’t think you need to do anything else right now. They will email you with more information regarding dual-degree programs, financial aid, etc.

Reactions: lccc3211

pstomd

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2016
Status
I put down my deposit after being accepted. I read the email they sent about plan to enroll timing and it doesn't seem like we need to use the commit to enroll tool. Is that correct?

Dec 30, 2017
Status
I put down my deposit after being accepted. I read the email they sent about plan to enroll timing and it doesn't seem like we need to use the commit to enroll tool. Is that correct?
From what I saw, that is correct.

May 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
omg me too! I interviewed back in August and it has been SOOOOOOO long. I have been accepted to a school up North though, but Tulane is my top. what are your stats?

Reactions: k22101