2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sad to withdraw my seat, but hope one of you enjoy it! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Wow, Gem91 has been gone a while. He's probably really busy. Anyone else still mentally hanging in there for Tulane?

Reactions: 1 user
Student Affairs ~ Match Day ~ 2019 Results & Archive | Medicine

Btw, I'm suprised no one brought this up, but here's the match list. The number of prelim matches in medicine seems astonishingly high. This list doesn't make it clear which med-prelim matches were part of another advanced position for pgy2+ or not, so could someone shed some light on that? Prelim surgery has 6 matches, but with 12+ matches in categorical surgical positions, that doesn't seem *too* bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anywhen know when classes begin in the fall/when orientation is?

• Love
Does anyone know Tulane's policy on Plan to Enroll? Can't find it online anywhere.

Does anyone know Tulane's policy on Plan to Enroll? Can't find it online anywhere.
"Beginning Tuesday, February 19th and afterward, AMCAS will send out correspondences to all admitted medical school applicants and allow them to select “Plan to Enroll” in their AMCAS Application. Doing this will allow applicants to communicate to all schools that have accepted them that they have made their choice about where they plan to enroll. On April 30th, you will be allowed to select “Commit to Enroll”.
Utilizing this feature does not bind you to a particular school nor does it automatically withdraw your application. We do ask that if you have made your final decision, please notify the other respective schools as so they can offer that spot to another eagerly awaiting applicant. Below is a suggested timeline for your decision process.
February 19 – “Plan to Enroll” becomes available.
April 15 – Suggested that applicants narrow their acceptance offers to three and withdraw other outstanding applications.
April 30 – “Commit to Enroll” becomes available. As stated in your admissions offer letter, Tulane University School of Medicine does reserve the right to withdraw admitted applications that have failed to submit the $100 commitment deposit by the April 30th deadline."

Does anyone know why Tulane isn't ranked on US News? They have solid step scores and are pretty competitive so I've been trying to figure this out

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know why Tulane isn't ranked on US News? They have solid step scores and are pretty competitive so I've been trying to figure this out

They chose not to be ranked after Katrina because they chose to not focus on research. That’s the short answer.

Reactions: 1 users
Declined an entrance scholarship to the MPH dual degree program, for anyone waiting, hopefully you get it!

For those waitlisted: does tulane send a final decision letter (rejection) if you don’t get the call that you’re accepted off the list? Or does tulane just keep you hanging?

For those waitlisted: does tulane send a final decision letter (rejection) if you don’t get the call that you’re accepted off the list? Or does tulane just keep you hanging?
Chances are they keep us hanging lol

Oh do they call if you're accepted off the waitlist, no email?

• Love
A lot of schools let you know like the day before classes start that they've closed the application cycle, which is a lot of fun. I'm hoping Tulane lets us know sooner so that I could stop waiting.

Edit: I withdrew from the waitlist so no more waiting lol

Last edited:
I was accepted via email a few days ago (WL back in feb). Haven’t really had much communication since other than dual programs. Do we have to do anything beyond the $100 deposit? Thanks.

Last edited:
I was accepted via email a few days ago (WL back in feb). Haven’t really had much communication since other then dual programs. Do we have to do anything beyond the $100 deposit? Thanks.

Omg omg, has WL movement already started????!!
I was waitlisted back in feb too!

Oh and congrats!!

Great. My anxiety and paranoia just went through the roof. I won't be able to enjoy my weekend now.

I was accepted via email a few days ago (WL back in feb). Haven’t really had much communication since other than dual programs. Do we have to do anything beyond the $100 deposit? Thanks.

Congratulations! I don’t think you need to do anything else right now. They will email you with more information regarding dual-degree programs, financial aid, etc.

The week is finally upon us. I'm terrified and excited. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
I absolutely loved the school but just withdrew my acceptance this morning, here's to hoping it goes to one of you soon!!

Reactions: 7 users
I put down my deposit after being accepted. I read the email they sent about plan to enroll timing and it doesn't seem like we need to use the commit to enroll tool. Is that correct?

I put down my deposit after being accepted. I read the email they sent about plan to enroll timing and it doesn't seem like we need to use the commit to enroll tool. Is that correct?
From what I saw, that is correct.

@Gem91 or anyone for that matter. Any early insider information or rumors regarding WL movement?

Reactions: 2 users
omg me too! I interviewed back in August and it has been SOOOOOOO long. I have been accepted to a school up North though, but Tulane is my top. what are your stats?

Bad news guys...the lady I spoke to said the class is full at the moment. She also said there is waitless movement going on, but it's very slow just because the class is full. I pushed, and she said she doesn't expect there to be much more to happen. Don't know how accurate this info is, I'm sure they are getting inundated with calls, and are just giving short answers.

Reactions: 5 users
Bad news guys...the lady I spoke to said the class is full at the moment. She also said there is waitless movement going on, but it's very slow just because the class is full. I pushed, and she said she doesn't expect there to be much more to happen. Don't know how accurate this info is, I'm sure they are getting inundated with calls, and are just giving short answers.
Darn that sucks. Thanks for calling though!

This really sucks if true. It’ll probably be a slow movement up to a month before classes begin :/

Bad news guys...the lady I spoke to said the class is full at the moment. She also said there is waitlist movement going on, but it's very slow just because the class is full. I pushed, and she said she doesn't expect there to be much more to happen. Don't know how accurate this info is, I'm sure they are getting inundated with calls, and are just giving short answers.

Did you speak to the person who picks up the phone when you call the admission office or to someone else?

Did you speak to the person who picks up the phone when you call the admission office or to someone else?
To the person who picked up the phone. I asked if she could transfer me to someone that could accurately answer my question, but she didn't, which is why I'm actually not putting much stock into what was said.

To the person who picked up the phone. I asked if she could transfer me to someone that could accurately answer my question, but she didn't, which is why I'm actually not putting much stock into what was said.

Gotcha. I called today and she didn't tell me anything just transferred me to the admissions director voicemail :(

Gotcha. I called today and she didn't tell me anything just transferred me to the admissions director voicemail :(
It was probably the same person; she was a little short with me. Understandably, but it's still irritating on our end.