-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Tulane University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Student Affairs ~ Match Day ~ 2019 Results & Archive | Medicine
Btw, I'm suprised no one brought this up, but here's the match list. The number of prelim matches in medicine seems astonishingly high. This list doesn't make it clear which med-prelim matches were part of another advanced position for pgy2+ or not, so could someone shed some light on that? Prelim surgery has 6 matches, but with 12+ matches in categorical surgical positions, that doesn't seem *too* bad.
Btw, I'm suprised no one brought this up, but here's the match list. The number of prelim matches in medicine seems astonishingly high. This list doesn't make it clear which med-prelim matches were part of another advanced position for pgy2+ or not, so could someone shed some light on that? Prelim surgery has 6 matches, but with 12+ matches in categorical surgical positions, that doesn't seem *too* bad.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
August 2 is OrientationDoes anywhen know when classes begin in the fall/when orientation is?
"Beginning Tuesday, February 19th and afterward, AMCAS will send out correspondences to all admitted medical school applicants and allow them to select “Plan to Enroll” in their AMCAS Application. Doing this will allow applicants to communicate to all schools that have accepted them that they have made their choice about where they plan to enroll. On April 30th, you will be allowed to select “Commit to Enroll”.Does anyone know Tulane's policy on Plan to Enroll? Can't find it online anywhere.
Utilizing this feature does not bind you to a particular school nor does it automatically withdraw your application. We do ask that if you have made your final decision, please notify the other respective schools as so they can offer that spot to another eagerly awaiting applicant. Below is a suggested timeline for your decision process.
February 19 – “Plan to Enroll” becomes available.
April 15 – Suggested that applicants narrow their acceptance offers to three and withdraw other outstanding applications.
April 30 – “Commit to Enroll” becomes available. As stated in your admissions offer letter, Tulane University School of Medicine does reserve the right to withdraw admitted applications that have failed to submit the $100 commitment deposit by the April 30th deadline."
Does anyone know what Tulane’s average step 1 score is?
Hingle_McCringleberry
New Member
I’m pretty sure at my interview I read that last year’s was either 233 or 235.Does anyone know what Tulane’s average step 1 score is?
D
deleted787552
From what I remember it was only a few points above the averageDoes anyone know what Tulane’s average step 1 score is?
It was 233.I’m pretty sure at my interview I read that last year’s was either 233 or 235.
Does anyone know why Tulane isn't ranked on US News? They have solid step scores and are pretty competitive so I've been trying to figure this out
They chose not to be ranked after Katrina because they chose to not focus on research. That’s the short answer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you still going to attend Tulane for just MD?Declined an entrance scholarship to the MPH dual degree program, for anyone waiting, hopefully you get it!
Yes, declining in favor of doing the MD/MBA program.Are you still going to attend Tulane for just MD?
For those waitlisted: does tulane send a final decision letter (rejection) if you don’t get the call that you’re accepted off the list? Or does tulane just keep you hanging?
D
deleted787552
Chances are they keep us hanging lolFor those waitlisted: does tulane send a final decision letter (rejection) if you don’t get the call that you’re accepted off the list? Or does tulane just keep you hanging?
A lot of schools let you know like the day before classes start that they've closed the application cycle, which is a lot of fun. I'm hoping Tulane lets us know sooner so that I could stop waiting.
Edit: I withdrew from the waitlist so no more waiting lol
Edit: I withdrew from the waitlist so no more waiting lol
Last edited:
I would think it would be through email (since acceptances were through email as well).Oh do they call if you're accepted off the waitlist, no email?
I was accepted via email a few days ago (WL back in feb). Haven’t really had much communication since other then dual programs. Do we have to do anything beyond the $100 deposit? Thanks.
Omg omg, has WL movement already started????!!
I was waitlisted back in feb too!
Oh and congrats!!
I was accepted via email a few days ago (WL back in feb). Haven’t really had much communication since other than dual programs. Do we have to do anything beyond the $100 deposit? Thanks.
Congratulations! I don’t think you need to do anything else right now. They will email you with more information regarding dual-degree programs, financial aid, etc.
I absolutely loved the school but just withdrew my acceptance this morning, here's to hoping it goes to one of you soon!!
From what I saw, that is correct.I put down my deposit after being accepted. I read the email they sent about plan to enroll timing and it doesn't seem like we need to use the commit to enroll tool. Is that correct?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm dying over here! Has anyone heard anything?
Nothing.I'm dying over here! Has anyone heard anything?
Hoping for the best! Good luck guys!
tuanemedclassof2023
New Member
How are we feeling today? Who else is still waitlisted? Anyone have any idea what the odds are?
tuanemedclassof2023
New Member
omg me too! I interviewed back in August and it has been SOOOOOOO long. I have been accepted to a school up North though, but Tulane is my top. what are your stats?
tuanemedclassof2023
New Member
Does anyone dare to call and see what the deal is?
D
deleted910941
We could only be so lucky...
Today maybe?
tuanemedclassof2023
New Member
Today maybe?
Someone needs to sack up and call.
D
deleted910941
I could swallow my pride and try it.
Someone needs to sack up and call.
tuanemedclassof2023
New Member
I could swallow my pride and try it.
I think that's the move. although you can remain anonymous over the phone.
D
deleted910941
Bad news guys...the lady I spoke to said the class is full at the moment. She also said there is waitless movement going on, but it's very slow just because the class is full. I pushed, and she said she doesn't expect there to be much more to happen. Don't know how accurate this info is, I'm sure they are getting inundated with calls, and are just giving short answers.
Darn that sucks. Thanks for calling though!Bad news guys...the lady I spoke to said the class is full at the moment. She also said there is waitless movement going on, but it's very slow just because the class is full. I pushed, and she said she doesn't expect there to be much more to happen. Don't know how accurate this info is, I'm sure they are getting inundated with calls, and are just giving short answers.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bad news guys...the lady I spoke to said the class is full at the moment. She also said there is waitless movement going on, but it's very slow just because the class is full. I pushed, and she said she doesn't expect there to be much more to happen. Don't know how accurate this info is, I'm sure they are getting inundated with calls, and are just giving short answers.
This really sucks if true. It’ll probably be a slow movement up to a month before classes begin :/
Bad news guys...the lady I spoke to said the class is full at the moment. She also said there is waitlist movement going on, but it's very slow just because the class is full. I pushed, and she said she doesn't expect there to be much more to happen. Don't know how accurate this info is, I'm sure they are getting inundated with calls, and are just giving short answers.
Did you speak to the person who picks up the phone when you call the admission office or to someone else?
D
deleted910941
To the person who picked up the phone. I asked if she could transfer me to someone that could accurately answer my question, but she didn't, which is why I'm actually not putting much stock into what was said.Did you speak to the person who picks up the phone when you call the admission office or to someone else?
To the person who picked up the phone. I asked if she could transfer me to someone that could accurately answer my question, but she didn't, which is why I'm actually not putting much stock into what was said.
Gotcha. I called today and she didn't tell me anything just transferred me to the admissions director voicemail 🙁
D
deleted910941
It was probably the same person; she was a little short with me. Understandably, but it's still irritating on our end.Gotcha. I called today and she didn't tell me anything just transferred me to the admissions director voicemail 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K