-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Tulane University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same date, although I’m very curious what they’re looking for because I’ve had some love from other schools and thought I’d be a good fit here but I guess not.I think they take longer to get back to less competitive applicants. I've been under review since 07/18 and still haven't heard back from them
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your stats are very impressive. I'm surprised you haven't heard back from them yetSame date, although I’m very curious what they’re looking for because I’ve had some love from other schools and thought I’d be a good fit here but I guess not.
Yes. I just got placed under review today after submitting 7/11. Changed from red to green and I got an email. Yours is just ready for review I guess.My portal says "In Progress" with a red exclamation mark next to it. I this different from being under review? I submitted yesterday
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
YesUnder Review as in you have the green check mark?
I know this AdCom obviously knows the details of their interview process way more than us applicants, but this just sounds logistically implausible to me. Their site says they interview ~600 applicants per cycle, and I just feel like there is NO WAY they have even sent out that many invites by August...An adcom member I spoke with told me that their interview slots fill up by august so any apps they get after that they basically cant take because their slots fill up so early.
+1I think they take longer to get back to less competitive applicants. I've been under review since 07/18 and still haven't heard back from them
D
deleted787552
I think it's plausible to some extent. It's pretty well known that this school starts reviewing/sending II pretty early. Last year, people who got an II by the mid/end of august were scheduling dates well into February. Someone on reddit also did an analysis on II sent out and from what I remember the vast majority of invites were sent out by septemberI know this AdCom obviously knows the details of their interview process way more than us applicants, but this just sounds logistically implausible to me. Their site says they interview ~600 applicants per cycle, and I just feel like there is NO WAY they have even sent out that many invites by August...
Cool, any idea how long it takes to go under review after being complete?Yes. I just got placed under review today after submitting 7/11. Changed from red to green and I got an email. Yours is just ready for review I guess.
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
Does it just have to do with which adcom we get assigned to review our application? If so, I hope mine hurrys up 😀
Cool, any idea how long it takes to go under review after being complete?
Pretty sure it varies. I've been complete for over 3 weeks and still have yet to be put under review
pastryqueen13
Full Member
II a couple hours ago via email. Very excited!
When were you marked under review?II a couple hours ago via email. Very excited!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also currently top choice for me...wondering the same thing.Any interview tips? Tulane is my absolute top choice. How are the mmis?
FINALLY finally finally got my green check and under review email! Submitted 7/12 😀
Any interview tips? Tulane is my absolute top choice. How are the mmis?
Pretty sure this school has classic style interviews? That's what the e-mail made it sound like at least. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
No you're right. They have a faculty interview, an interview with a student during lunch, and a patient simulation.Pretty sure this school has classic style interviews? That's what the e-mail made it sound like at least. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
pastryqueen13
Full Member
7/19When were you marked under review?
Is your file incomplete until they receive the Casper report? I submitted weeks ago but still have that red exclamation point.
Nope, they don't need CASPER for II. Same 🙁 we just have to wait it out
Do they need Casper for admission?Nope, they don't need CASPER for II. Same 🙁 we just have to wait it out
Do they need Casper for admission?
Yes
D
deleted787552
Do they need Casper for admission?
No they don't. It's still optional
No you're right. They have a faculty interview, an interview with a student during lunch, and a patient simulation.
Yeah that’s right. I just want to know more about the patient stimulation scenarios.
eventually_
New Member
II this morning! Got the green check on 7/30
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1I feel like I’ve been passed over.
+2I feel like I’ve been passed over.
+3I feel like I’ve been passed over.
I feel like I’ve been passed over.
do you have a green checkmark?
+1Under review on 7/23. Still nothing
champagnemamasita
Full Member
submitted 7/10 and im not under review yet
Yea, since 7/25.do you have a green checkmark?
Ive been under review since 7/9. Im just waiting for that R nowYea, since 7/25.
I think they'll reject us all at the same time, doesn't seem like anyone's gotten an official rejection yetIve been under review since 7/9. Im just waiting for that R now
Last year someone got a rejection email on Aug 14Do they silent reject?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see lots of people here having tech issues with application statuses - anyone particularly have one with LORs? My committee letter is appearing under the LOR section, but there's still a red exclamation point next to it and my app is marked as incomplete too. I'm wondering whether this is a tech issue or if they haven't registered it as a committee letter since it's in my pre-med advisor's name rather than my institution's, but I can't imagine why since AMCAS specifically has it labeled as a committee letter. I'm debating whether I should reach out if the problem isn't rectified in a few more days? Anyone else having this problem?
Last edited:
So I'm having an issue regarding the status of my application. My advisor submitted my pre-health committee letter almost 2 weeks ago via AMCAS. It's appearing under the LOR section of my app status, but there's still a red exclamation point next to it. I'm wondering if they haven't registered it as a committee letter since it's in my pre-med advisor's name rather than my institution's name, but I can't imagine why since AMCAS specifically has it labeled as a committee letter. I know they say they don't take emails or phone calls regarding application statuses, but I'm debating whether I should reach out if the problem isn't rectified in a few more days? Anyone else having this problem?
I would give them a call. My committee letter is under my advisor's name too so that shouldn't matter (I'm marked as complete).
I would give them a call. My committee letter is under my advisor's name too so that shouldn't matter (I'm marked as complete).
Okay cool, if it's still there on Tuesday (I work a full day Monday) I'll call. Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They make you sign a nondisclosure agreement.Yeah that’s right. I just want to know more about the patient stimulation scenarios.
Feel it! Thank you! People say it’s actually really not bad.They make you sign a nondisclosure agreement.
Which submission dates are under review now? I'm curious about the current progress.
7/12 and still not under review
7/12 and still not under review
basically the same for me
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K