2018-2019 University of Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also deferred again (I have been deferred since August). The email said the next date was March 4th? Is that probably the last decision date since schools have to make decisions on applications by March 15h (or something like that)?
I think they just have admit their class size by that date. So it is possible that we can be admitted after that. From what I've heard, waiting months post II until admission is pretty typical for both AZ schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Received II for Pathway Scholars Program
Will be on Monday

Reactions: 1 users
II today. OOS. Very surprised this late in the game. PM me if you want any additional details.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have insight into the interview? I know it’s 10 MMI stations but are any of the stations traditional or open file questions? Or are they all just situational

One scenario station, most traditional type questions, a couple curve balls. Nothing was too crazy and I felt very comfortable.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have insight into the interview? I know it’s 10 MMI stations but are any of the stations traditional or open file questions? Or are they all just situational
Wait there’s traditional questions? I called the admissions office to ask and I was told explicitly it’s all scenarios and no traditional
You called admissions?? R E L A X. Seriously. Know your application, basic ethics, and just be a normal human being and you'll be fine. Stressing yourself out trying to figure out what to expect will only be a detriment to you. Go in there with a clear head and be present to the moment.

Got an interview invite on 1/25. Still trying to decide if I should take it since OOS and already have other acceptances that would be less expensive

Got an interview invite on 1/25. Still trying to decide if I should take it since OOS and already have other acceptances that would be less expensive
If you could see yourself going here over any other acceptances then go for it! Otherwise, I would turn down the interview and save myself the cost of traveling.

Wait there’s traditional questions? I called the admissions office to ask and I was told explicitly it’s all scenarios and no traditional

Traditional as in this is not an in person CASPER test. Not every station is you acting in a certain role to an scenario. You'll have some questions about what you think and some about your experiences.

Edit: I don't mean traditional in the sense that they asked me "why medicine" or "why this school". It's very conversational. Don't freak out.

If you could see yourself going here over any other acceptances then go for it! Otherwise, I would turn down the interview and save myself the cost of traveling.
Did not take interview! Good luck to whoever they offer it to!

does anyone know when the last decison/re-review day is, and if after that if people are either rejected or put on a waitlist?

II just now! Only one date available late Feb

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know the school's policy on thank you notes?
I'm not sure about what you mean by policy, but Dr. Fogerty told my interview group that they loved thank you notes and hung them up in the admissions office.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure about what you mean by policy, but Dr. Fogerty told my interview group that they loved thank you notes and hung them up in the admissions office.

Thanks! I was told that they only accept thank you letters by mail. I just wanted to confirm that.

Thanks! I was told that they only accept thank you letters by mail. I just wanted to confirm that.
I emailed my thank you letter to adcom, and Dr. Fogerty personally replied! I don't think they mind email or mail; he just told us during interview day that they would prefer if we sent all thank you letters to the committee directly and not to any faculty that we talked to.

does anyone know if today is the last decision day and if there is an alternate/waitlist

does anyone know if today is the last decision day and if there is an alternate/waitlist
Your question is a bit vague. Did you interview? Are you waiting for an interview?

If you are waiting for an interview, it will likely be an R. They conducted their last interview day on Feb 18th.

Your question is a bit vague. Did you interview? Are you waiting for an interview?

If you are waiting for an interview, it will likely be an R. They conducted their last interview day on Feb 18th.
oh haha sorry, I have interviewed, it was way back in early October, and have been on rereview ever since. Kinda just want it to be over

oh haha sorry, I have interviewed
Aha! I see. Well for the last interview day, they told us they'd release acceptances on March 18th via phone call. So I have reason to believe there are decisions coming out later in this month, but I don't know how that applies to different interview days. I would go off of what they told you on your interview day, and if you can't remember, just contact the admissions office for clarification.

Anyone gotten a good news call yet? Praying for you all!!!:)

Anyone gotten a good news call yet? Praying for you all!!!:)

Still waiting too... I read that they typically do the calls in the AM, so maybe another couple hours?

I keep forgetting they are an hour behind me - I’m OOS! Oops! Haha, yes hopefully we still have time for some good news :)
Still waiting too... I read that they typically do the calls in the AM, so maybe another couple hours?

still waiting too. 3 time deferred veteran here. keeping y'all in my thoughts <3

sending good luck vibes to y'all~

still waiting too. 3 time deferred veteran here. keeping y'all in my thoughts <3
Do the deferment emails come on the same day as acceptance calls? And were they usually sent later in the day?

sending good luck vibes to y'all~

Do the deferment emails come on the same day as acceptance calls? And were they usually sent later in the day?
the first one was sent around noon, the second one was sent late in the afternoon, and the third one was sent the next morning, i believe. might be a long wait. ha ha ha...

Just got the R. Interviewed 2/11. Good luck to everyone else!

just got deferred until 3/18

Deferred yet again (until March 18th). I interviewed over 6 months ago.

deferment #4. see y'all in two weeks. hang in there! :)

I wonder if there were any acceptances yesterday? Kinda shocked that not even one person posted an A :eek:

From the looks of it, we are all now waiting for March 18th lol

Does anyone know how to find the match list? I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Thank you in advance!

Each class has been 80 students since 2012 so most likely the 13 missing students either were lost to attrition over the four years or didn't match.

Accepted this morning! Received the phone call around 9:30 AM local time.

OOS, interviewed in either the 1st or 2nd interview group and was deferred 7 times!

Woooooot first acceptance!! Thank you Dr. Fogerty

Accepted to Pathway Scholars! SO EXCITED!