2018-2019 University of Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
also got the re-review email, feeling kinda sad right now :(
Don't be. U of A - Phoenix has a very harsh admissions process and an acceptance rate in the 20's. They definitely don't shy away from post-II rejections. Also with the multiple acceptance report gone this year, they may be playing it more cautious. You're still in the running, chin up.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Don't be. U of A - Phoenix has a very harsh admissions process and an acceptance rate in the 20's. They definitely don't shy away from post-II rejections. Also with the multiple acceptance report gone this yaer, they may be playing it more cautious. You're still in the running, chin up.

I always wonder what's going on behind the scenes-- are the "re-review" people actually less competitive, or is admissions moving from "less-likely-to-matriculate" to more? Is it all random? Do they only admit so many people per day?? So many questions in my head!! Ha. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! >< Interview 10/22

Reactions: 3 users
Out of curiosity, has anyone found their match lists for the last few years? I tried searching but couldn't find anything so far on the interwebs

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students able to comment on the amount of dedicated Step 1 study time that Phoenix gives in the second year?

Hello deferred crew. I just received the email saying my next update would be December 17.

Last edited:
Has anyone waiting for an II heard anything recently?

When where you complete?
I was complete first week of Aug and nothing
I was complete much later: mid-October. I'm a non-AZ resident, but high MCAT score and decent GPA.

I was complete much later: mid-October. I'm a non-AZ resident, but high MCAT score and decent GPA.
I’m IS. LM~69-70.
Tucson and Phoenix are holding back. I don’t know what to think. Probably a lost cause here

Still getting silence here...anyone know how many interview days are left?

Pre-II rejection email today. OOS non-trad LM high 60s WARS mid 80s. Portal did not change. Complete late August.

Disappointing because UA-Phoenix seemed to be pretty OOS friendly after extensive research. I thought with a MCAT higher than their median and a GPA in their range of accepted scores that I'd get an interview.

Last edited:
Pre-II rejection email today. OOS non-trad LM high 60s WARS mid 80s. Portal did not change. Complete late August.

Disappointing because UA-Phoenix seemed to be pretty OOS friendly after extensive research. I thought with a MCAT higher than their median and a GPA in their range of accepted scores that I'd get an interview.
+1

Has anyone heard anything from this school? I am debating jumping through hoops to take the requirement physiology course, but I'm not going to go out of my way to do so if they are done for this cycle.

Has anyone heard anything from this school? I am debating jumping through hoops to take the requirement physiology course, but I'm not going to go out of my way to do so if they are done for this cycle.
I'm in the same boat

When where you complete?
I was complete first week of Aug and nothing
Hey! I am OOS LM 75, complete 8/19... still waiting as well. AND there is no tab available within the secondary in regards to application status... so I guess we are just in the dark for awhile haha

Hey! I am OOS LM 75, complete 8/19... still waiting as well. AND there is no tab available within the secondary in regards to application status... so I guess we are just in the dark for awhile haha
From what I’ve heard they’ve got 2 interview days remaining to fill

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected. LM 68, complete end of July. IS so this one kinda hurt

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got the call!! ACCEPTED

also deferred. anyone know how likely it is for us to get in from here? this has been my only interview so far and i'm not sure whether to give up hope or not. ha ha ha...