2018-2019 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The day updated, but I'm not sure if any of the numbers changed.
Since last month's update (on 2/7/19) to today's:
-119 more Interviews
-25 more Interview Invites
-29 more Acceptance Offers

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anybody who interviewed in January heard back yet? On 1/25 they said "4-6 weeks, hopefully earlier"
I interviewed on the 25th and haven't heard back yet! Let's hope for news Monday!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all, long time lurker here. Received the acceptance on Feb 25! Too elated and busy that I forgot to post here. LizzyM ~71, OOS
Interview: 1/11/19
1°: 14 | 2°: 14 | II: 3 | A: 1 | WL: 0

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
My bae called the admissions office (cuz I was too scared to) and they said that acceptance calls are going out today :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I called (using *67) and asked if they were sending out acceptances today and the answer was just "Yep"
He specifically said that they're going to be at their office until 5pm so I guess they're still gonna be calling later

Do you all know if there were interviews on Jan. 18th? That's the Friday between the 11th and 25th.

I'm scared they were just like messing with us this whole time :confused:

I wonder if their standard response to neurotic premeds constantly calling their office is just like "Yeah we're totally sending out acceptances today"

Reactions: 1 user
Well guys, best of luck to everybody! I sure hope there's still a chance for us to get a call!!

Well guys, best of luck to everybody! I sure hope there's still a chance for us to get a call!!
Based on past numbers, about 20 of the 60 people there that day should have gotten a call. Is there a chance we all just happen to be in the 66%? I sure hope not.

P.s. I have a certain level of affection for all of you for suffering through this roller coaster day with me. Thanks y'all!

Jokes on them because I wanted to wait a little bit longer anyway

Interviewed on 1/25! Got the call at 9:30am this morning!

(OOS w/ Colorado ties, LM ~72)

I just got the call too!!! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to yall who got in! Just got my rejection email

Congrats to yall who got in! Just got my rejection email

I just got mine too :(. Congrats everybody!
These are both real bummers, I was pulling for both of you. I got waitlisted. I'm still looking for that first MD acceptance so at least it keeps my dream alive!

Congrats to all that made it! Everyone I met during the interview was super cool, nice, smart, and most importantly, genuine and authentic, so Colorado's got some awesome new members! Congrats again!

These are both real bummers, I was pulling for both of you. I got waitlisted. I'm still looking for that first MD acceptance so at least it keeps my dream alive!

Congrats to all that made it! Everyone I met during the interview was super cool, nice, smart, and most importantly, genuine and authentic, so Colorado's got some awesome new members! Congrats again!
A minor tragedy to be sure. But best of luck with the waitlist, my friend. May the med school gods look favorably upon you and deem you worthy of the much-lauded Tier 1 designation

Waitlisted :/
So, since we're in the same boat I'll tell you what I know about the alternate list and you tell me anything you might know!

They usually put you into three tiers and in past years just about everyone from the first tier eventually gets a call. I also know someone last year who was placed on the middle tier and got a call about two weeks before the year started. So, while it's all still more stressful than a straightforward acceptance (obviously), the dream remains alive!

Congrats on the waitlist! Keep your head up and I hope you get an acceptance down the road! Good luck to everybody else in the thread, keep your heads up!! Remember, it's totally normal to not get in the first time, so if this isn't the year, I'll see y'all right back here next year .

Reactions: 2 users