2018-2019 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@subdermallight , aren't you holding an acceptance?

@bluemango Do you have any acceptances from other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

@subdermallight , aren't you holding an acceptance?

Yes? I “plan to enroll” but I don’t have to drop my waitlists and commit to enroll until the deadline in July. Though given what I’ve learned here, I think I want to sign my lease in the other city and commit to the other school early so I can start getting situated. In other words, I’ve got to just let it go.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes? I “plan to enroll” but I don’t have to drop my waitlists and commit to enroll until the deadline in July. Though given what I’ve learned here, I think I want to sign my lease in the other city and commit to the other school early so I can start getting situated. In other words, I’ve got to just let it go.

Thanks? But we were talking about the waitlist and not getting into our top pick school. Not really looking for celebration at the moment..

Yeah I know what you mean. Sorry.

If your other school is in a college town and leases usually run for the school year, you do want to sign a lease already. But if you're moving to a "normal" town, it can wait. I've shown up and then looked for a place and found one in a week. I wish you luck.

Reactions: 1 users
How did you know you were last on the waitlist, she tell you your position?

I did not say I was last. I was saying that all I said about "most people on the waitlist not getting off" could maybe not be true and admissions could've just said that to me specifically to not make me feel bad about being last. But I know someone else on here called and got the same response so it's most likely true.
She said she couldn't tell me where on the waitlist I was, but that more information would be going out soon.

I have a question about how many rec letters you guys who have applied or are plan to intend on submitting. Has anyone submitted more than 5 or 6? The reason I ask is that I have 4 strong letters. 1 is from my organic chem professor who I was a TA for, 1 is from my Nervous systems course professor who is now my PI, 1 is from the director of my health science program at UF who taught me a non science course, and 1 is from a PA who I work with at clinic. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is 2 science, 1 non science, and 1 character letter. I have two others letters, one from a physiology professor and one from a disease survey course that I do not think would be as strong as the above mentioned. However, both of these individuals had me submit packets of information as well as meet with them since they stated they do not do template letters. Should I include either of these letters or give just one preference over the other? This would bring my total up to either 5 or 6 letters of rec. I know for a fact that the director of the program wrote a three page letter, and that my character letter and one of my science letters are two full pages. I am concerned that if the two letters I am debating submitting are subpar they will take away from the strength of the others, or that with so much content ADCOM might only read a few and neglect my stronger ones accidently. Does anyone have any advice? I know the average medical school only allows 5 so with UF allowing 10 I am a bit confused. Also, all of my letters are from people who are associated with UF. Thanks in advance