2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any international students here? So ridiculous, the admissions committee wont mark my secondary complete because i dont have an f1 visa yet. Like jesus, I'm like you can only get that visa once you get accepted to the school, no other way. Pathetic and unfair.

Members don't see this ad.

Any international students here? So ridiculous, the admissions committee wont mark my secondary complete because i dont have an f1 visa yet. Like jesus, I'm like you can only get that visa once you get accepted to the school, no other way. Pathetic and unfair.
What kind of visa do you have? What is your immigration status?

What kind of visa do you have? What is your immigration status?
My student visa is in process and that is out of my control on how long that would take. It is stupid for them to take my secondary fee and say we accept international students when they won't even consider my application complete without it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So will the folks who interviewed earlier in the cycle be receiving admission decisions this week?

I had the same problem coming from OOS, called and was able to schedule for an Oct 29th date. I would call again and see if you can get a later date.

hello, so I called again, but the lady again asked me to keep checking the portal. would you mind if I ask how did you specifically request a future interview date? And do you know if they only interview on Monday and Tuesday (these are the dates that I see on the portal)? Thanks in advance!

At my interview on 9/07 they said we would for sure hear something on the 15th or 16th, but more likely the 16th

I also interviewed on 9/07 and I thought I remember them saying we would hear back on the 15th because we were already going to committee the week after our interview

I also interviewed on 9/07 and I thought I remember them saying we would hear back on the 15th because we were already going to committee the week after our interview
Waiting to hear news today is KILLING me

I interviewed in August and they definitely said we would hear today

I didnt know UIC accepted international students for med school. I thought it was only green card holders and citizens. I know some schools definitely accept internationals students. I agree; its not fair

Members don't see this ad :)
can any current students speak about being "forwarded to committee" for 3 months? i am freaking out about this. i am IS and my stats are above their ranges. have had radio silence since i was complete and just checked and no movement on forwarded to committee. do i call? would really appreciate advice

Reactions: 5 users
can any current students speak about being "forwarded to committee" for 3 months? i am freaking out about this. i am IS and my stats are above their ranges. have had radio silence since i was complete and just checked and no movement on forwarded to committee. do i call? would really appreciate advice

+1

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

+2

Some important news I learned during my recent interview at UIC:

As of last Thursday (I think Thursday), UIC is no-longer a true rolling admissions school. This ONLY applies to applicants interviewing on/after September 17. Instead of offering acceptances starting October 15th, they will send out a wave of decisions on December 14th/15th. Another wave of decisions will be sent in January.

Applicants who interviewed prior to September 17th can still hear back from UIC as early as October 15th

They told us this at my interview on the 14th too, so I guess it's just the first week of interviewers that get October acceptances

They told us this at my interview on the 14th too, so I guess it's just the first week of interviewers that get October acceptances
Also, they said at my interview that they typically give out results on Fridays, so maybe we'll hear something then instead for us rolling admission people.

I’ve been under consideration for like 3 months gang gang

Reactions: 5 users
I’ve been under consideration for like 3 months gang gang
Does the under consideration status come after you have been forwarded to the screening committee? I've been forwarded to the screening committee for two months now.

I emailed because I’m in the same boat and thought they were missing something from my end. They emailed me back within an hour and said that my file has been read and no final decision has been made. Still in the game just not in the starting lineup :)

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed at UIC on Monday and loved the feel of the program! Took some time to get an interview invite but was well worth the wait! Good luck everyone!

I emailed because I’m in the same boat and thought they were missing something from my end. They emailed me back within an hour and said that my file has been read and no final decision has been made. Still in the game just not in the starting lineup :)
omg ty so much for that info!!

Also interviewed here Monday and really loved UIC, hoping for an early Xmas present 12/14 when decisions go out.

To people still waiting on II, admissions told us they had read all of our apps twice and in some cases three times. It might take longer to hear back because it sounds like they really do review each app thoroughly, and they stressed that fit with their mission/culture is very important.

If you're lucky enough to get that II, they reiterated that they accept ~86% post-interview. So if you think UIC is right for you, keep your head up and keep them updated about your interest.

Good luck homies.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
So we should send letters of interest/updates?

Just wanted to say, for all of us waiting for decisions I just looked at last year's thread and they were told they would hear on 10/16 and didn't hear until 10/26 so we may be waiting another week

Have any early interviewees called admissions? I wonder what the hold up is on final decisions. On my interview day they said we would hear back on the 15th...

Reactions: 2 users
Have any early interviewees called admissions? I wonder what the hold up is on final decisions. On my interview day they said we would hear back on the 15th...

I haven’t heard anything. I interviewed August 28 and I vaguely remember being told that we would hear back this week. I do recall hearing that admissions meets on Thursdays and we would likely hear back Friday.

Last edited:
Congrats!!! Is there a separate tab or where does it appear???? I’m waiting for my decision as well

Congrats!!! Is there a separate tab or where does it appear???? I’m waiting for my decision as well

I just got an email right after so an email should be coming lol. Yes, a separate tab appeared.

Yeah, I interviewed earlier than that and haven't received any decision this evening.

Received an email at 6:18pm today reaffirming the interview that I had on September 17th. Did anyone get this email. Please let me know I am freaking out.

Received an email at 6:18pm today reaffirming the interview that I had on September 17th. Did anyone get this email. Please let me know I am freaking out.

I just got the same email.

Same no portal update. What else could it be? Especially at the same time as people who were accepted?

Not sure. It could just be a system glitch. Since the office is closed there's not much you can do but wait until Monday.