2018-2019 University of Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
“It’s my [interview decision], and I need it NOW.”

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I am a ball of anxiety and stress. Slowest week ever!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think that we’ll get it before the 15th?
I imagine so given that they're switching to email, but I honestly have no idea. I mean, worst case scenario, March 15th is only 17 days away, which is actually crazy considering we've been waiting for like 270 days already!! :eek: haha

Reactions: 1 user
I imagine so given that they're switching to email, but I honestly have no idea. I mean, worst case scenario, March 15th is only 17 days away, which is actually crazy considering we've been waiting for like 270 days already!! :eek: haha

103 days since my interview. This process is too long

Anybody else refreshing their emails more than usual today?

Anybody else refreshing their emails more than usual today?
Yes! Also, I work in New Mexico, and one of the new docs at my hospital went to KU for med school, and I was like super excited to talk with him about it, haha. I tried so hard to play it cool :laugh:

Uh... 100% guilty. Also got a little teary eyed driving past a ku building lol Send help. XD XD XD
Sending you an ice cream and Netflix care package via USPS priority mail. Now you can check your mailbox AND your email, haha.

Sending you an ice cream and Netflix care package via USPS priority mail. Now you can check your mailbox AND your email, haha.

At least the ice cream would stay cold if you shipped it, it was a warm 9F this morning in south central KS! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
The stress is real today since we could realistically get the email from KU at any moment in the next two weeks. I'm trying to distract myself from my email!!

I know - I think I've opened my email 100x or more today. work was hard to focus on too!

Does anyone know how many people they invite to apply to the post bac program?

Does anyone know how many people they invite to apply to the post bac program?
Previous year threads indicate approx 100 invited to apply, half of that (ish?) interviewed, 12-18 accepted. At least that is what I saw in the thread from 2 years ago. Not sure if those metrics have changed since.

We thinking next week, then? :( The longer this goes the more anxious I am getting, I feel like I am waiting for christmas eve and a final exam grade at the same time while constantly refreshing every place that would indicate news. :)

We thinking next week, then? :( The longer this goes the more anxious I am getting, I feel like I am waiting for christmas eve and a final exam grade at the same time while constantly refreshing every place that would indicate news. :)
Isn't it the worst? :hungover: There's still a chance notifications could come out later today! I find that schools like to send notifications out at like the last possible minute on Fridays so that stressed out pre-meds have the weekend to mull over the news rather than calling the school right after getting the email, haha. But at the very least, we're T-minus 7 days until March 15th!

My other admissions emails from KU came at or a little after 5pm cst on a Friday and a Monday. I think there’s definitely a chance it comes today

Just got the email! Accepted, IS

Reactions: 3 users
Guys, I'm crying. Accepted!!!!!!! LizzyM 62!

Reactions: 5 users
You guys got this! I'm sure there will be movement - fingers crossed for you!

And southpaw, you too! I assume you want KC but if you go to wichita you gotta let me know :p (as long as I get there lol)

You guys got this! I'm sure there will be movement - fingers crossed for you!

And southpaw, you too! I assume you want KC but if you go to wichita you gotta let me know :p (as long as I get there lol)
Thanks, @Kipani! I'll let you know after we get campus assignments :D

Does anyone remember how many students are at each campus?
This is a guesstimate, but as far as I've heard, it's something like 165 in KC, 38 in Wichita, and 8 in Salina.

Does anyone remember how many students are at each campus?

According to the blue paper i got on interview day:
8-Salina
28-Wichita
44-KC years 1&2 Wichita years 3&4

KC 4 years everybody else (if class is 211 that's like 131?)

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to the new acceptees!

If you have any southernmost-campus questions feel free to reach out, especially if you are coming from elsewhere and need suggestions for housing.

Plenty of time to sort all that out, though, for now just celebrate and enjoy your success!

I know last year we had WL movement, but I’m unsure of how much so I can’t give any indication on that front.

Rock Chalk

Are there any current KC students who could answer some of my questions via PM? Thanks!

Congrats to the new acceptees!

If you have any southernmost-campus questions feel free to reach out, especially if you are coming from elsewhere and need suggestions for housing.

Plenty of time to sort all that out, though, for now just celebrate and enjoy your success!

I know last year we had WL movement, but I’m unsure of how much so I can’t give any indication on that front.

Rock Chalk
I think you were one of the students at my interview lunch on Jan 15.

Accepted, OOS; LizzyM 75. Also applied MD/PhD here, but they have't made decisions yet. Either way, I'll be attending in Fall 2019!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Did any current accepted students see anything about a deposit fee in their paperwork? Just checking since I know deposits are common, and I don't see anything like that in my paperwork. Thanks!

I did not, only two forms to return which it says constitutes our acceptance of their offer of admission ? I read it a million times for the same reason!

I did not, only two forms to return which it says constitutes our acceptance of their offer of admission ? I read it a million times for the same reason!
I'm with you. I think just the two forms for now, and they'll probably send the rest later :)

Did any current accepted students see anything about a deposit fee in their paperwork? Just checking since I know deposits are common, and I don't see anything like that in my paperwork. Thanks!

On my interview day I remember a student asking about the deposit and Brian said KU does not ask for one. :)