2018-2019 University of Massachussetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got rejection letter, interviewed nov and sent in a letter of interest this week. Good luck to everyone still in the running! Praying to God one of my 2 other WL's pan out

Members don't see this ad.

Just got rejection letter, interviewed nov and sent in a letter of interest this week. Good luck to everyone still in the running! Praying to God one of my 2 other WL's pan out
I hope you receive some good news soon! Best of luck

Reactions: 1 users
Me at work today. I know we probably won’t hear anything today but that doesn’t stop me from refreshing my phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hoping they send out some decisions soon, the wait is killing me!

is anyone else still waiting in complete silence since their interview?

Reactions: 1 user
How's the waitlist movement at this school? Looks promising on MSAR, but idk if those numbers are up-to-date.

How's the waitlist movement at this school? Looks promising on MSAR, but idk if those numbers are up-to-date.

Someone stated earlier that they have a waitlist of 100 and accept 75, but idk if prior waitlist data will be applicable this cycle.

I just got in off the waitlist, there is hope! Now to decide between Tufts and UMass... any advice welcome

Members don't see this ad :)
Sup team, just got in off waitlist a few hours ago. Interviewed 1/11, waitlisted end of March. 3.83/518 OOS. Don’t think I can afford to go here so most likely will be withdrawing my acceptance. Good luck all!

I just got in off the waitlist, there is hope! Now to decide between Tufts and UMass... any advice welcome
Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing when you were put on the waitlist?

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing when you were put on the waitlist?
I was put on the waitlist 2/12. 3.83/513 in state. I was also waitlisted last year but was never taken off.

when do they usually send out their last batch of decisions for those who haven't heard anything post interview?

Congrats all!! Still waiting, praying for an acceptance here :(

Just got the WL today. Interviewed mid February. Good to finally hear something lol

Also got waitlisted earlier today for PURCH + Regular MD! OOS, interviewed mid-December, under consideration in mid-January.

Are we still allowed to send in updates if we were placed on the waitlist?

Are we still allowed to send in updates if we were placed on the waitlist?
Absolutely, definitely do so. They will take a second look at all the candidates when filling any seat that opens up. It is ideal if you can offer a true update such as recent accomplishments or anything else that is new since your application. If you have nothing new to offer, you should tell them that you are still interested and what makes you a good fit for the school. Good luck!

does anyone know if there is a facebook group and how many people are in it? Thanks!

Anyone think there will be good WL movement this week?? Sure hoping so here as I'd like to plan my future finally hehe :prof:

Congrats everyone! To those accepted off the waitlist, did you send a LOI or just wait it out? Debating sending one today or tomorrow.

does anyone know if there is a facebook group and how many people are in it? Thanks!

Yes. there's a FB group! Currently, there are 231 members; however, this includes M2 admins and other UMass Med students who are advertising housing options to the group (~10 total). Hope this helps!

Dumb question, how do you withdraw an acceptance here? And how do I get my deposit back? Their website is terrible to navigate

Dumb question, how do you withdraw an acceptance here? And how do I get my deposit back? Their website is terrible to navigate

I think you email admissions, but I'm not positive.

Their admissions office is really nice and efficient. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you called them directly.

Thanks guys, I just withdrew my application. I hope it goes to one of you guys on the waitlist. UMass is an amazing school, it was really hard turning this down! Best of luck :)

• Love
Anyone get pulled off the WL after traffic day?? (If not, hoping tomorrow!!!!) :eek:

Anyone know if any WL acceptances have gone out yet?

With every passing day, my confidence wanes... When I heard UMass uses the WL heavily I expected to maybe hear a lot of acceptances after April 30!! o_O

Dont lose hope. Adcoms are confused by the new traffic rules and the Plan to Enroll vs Commit to Enroll optiions. Thus I think the major WL movement will be after May 31. Patience.

Ugh, well I don't like that cuz my other A is across the country and I'm trying to make plans to move :confused:

Dont lose hope. Adcoms are confused by the new traffic rules and the Plan to Enroll vs Commit to Enroll optiions. Thus I think the major WL movement will be after May 31. Patience.

AFTER May 31st?! Why do you say May 31st? This process is so. long.

Plan to Enroll, where one had to drop all but one acceptance but could keep WLs and the April 30 date, was only a suggestion by AAMC unless enforced by the school. Enforcement has been highly uneven among the schools, so chaos reigns. Schools will have to wait until the mandatory Commit to Enrolll at the end of May to know whether they have filled their classes.
I thought that once you hit commit to enroll, your application gets revoked from all other schools? Even schools you are waitlisted at?

So unless a school required it they have an incomplete picture of their class.

I thought the whole point of this tool was to make this process easier... kind of defeats the purpose of people aren’t using it. None of my schools required it but I used it anyway in an attempt to make things easier and go along with AAMC policies. I don’t get why someone wouldn’t use the tool as it is non-binding and you can change it until you use CTE.

Can someone please clarify- if you're waitlisted at multiple schools but not accepted to any, then you don't have the planning tool in your AMCAS app, correct? You don't need to take any action for the "Plan to enroll" deadline?

Asking because I'm panicking if I was supposed to choose options for my waitlists.

Can someone please clarify- if you're waitlisted at multiple schools but not accepted to any, then you don't have the planning tool in your AMCAS app, correct? You don't need to take any action for the "Plan to enroll" deadline?

Asking because I'm panicking if I was supposed to choose options for my waitlists.

you can only select plan to enroll for a school you're accepted to