2018-2019 University of Massachussetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I filled that out on Tuesday as well and am still waiting for the check
You’re waiting for them to “complete the investigation”? They said they “completed” mine the next day. So I think I’m waiting on umass at this point and not the background check company.

Members don't see this ad.

You’re waiting for them to “complete the investigation”? They said they “completed” mine the next day. So I think I’m waiting on umass at this point and not the background check company.
I just double checked the email. It says the report does not release to medical schools for 10 days after the investigation is completed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any more movement on the FB group? Slowly losing my mind here
Hi Dr.Jan.itor, I was in your shoes last year, so I know what it feels like. There are six new members since Sunday. Two of those look to be current students, two definitely new students, and two I couldn't tell either way. Hang in there!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi Dr.Jan.itor, I was in your shoes last year, so I know what it feels like. There are six new members since Sunday. Two of those look to be current students, two definitely new students, and two I couldn't tell either way. Hang in there!
I appreciate that. The waiting isn’t the main problem for me, it’s more that I don’t want to drop the money on a new application and find out after the first that I got in. I know many of us are in that position.

Any WL movement recently?? I find it hard to believe with that 75/100 stat that they are done already...

Hi med_cow,
16 people joined the FB group in the last week. Sometimes it is hard to tell if they are new students. I can tell you at a minimum, 3 of the 16 were not new students, and a minimum of 6 were new acceptances. I don't think that helps much, but there is at least some slow WL movement. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone on the WL waiting to submit this year? I’m debating submitting for one school and then waiting a week or two to add the rest. I’m not holding back because I’m super confident about the waitlist, but rather it’s gonna hurt if I pay for the app and it’s for nothing.

Is anyone on the WL waiting to submit this year? I’m debating submitting for one school and then waiting a week or two to add the rest. I’m not holding back because I’m super confident about the waitlist, but rather it’s gonna hurt if I pay for the app and it’s for nothing.

I have a different acceptance so I am not, but I know people in your situation. I think they are submitting to one school to get their app verified and then going to add the others later in the summer. I think the difference between submitting in June/July is minimal.

Reactions: 1 user
What I would suggest: submit on the first day to only one school to get your app verified. If you get in to your waitlist school before your app is verified, pull your app. They will refund you. If not, at the very end of June/beginning of July, start to add batches of schools to the primary and complete the secondaries in batches. By mid/end of July if you haven't gotten in, you can probably safely apply to all of your schools and not worry about getting in off the waitlist at that point.

Beginning of July secondaries vs. end of July secondaries make absolutely no difference. What does make a difference for some schools is seeing when you received your secondary and how long it took you to complete said secondary (max 2 weeks is best). Wish I had done batches. But I also applied to most schools in October/November -- oops.

FYI - I was just accepted off the waitlist at another school I'd prefer to attend over UMass, so I'll be withdrawing my MD + PURCH acceptances. Hope they go to one of you guys, and best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted for MD+PURCH earlier today!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For the record, I hadn't withdrawn my MD + PURCH acceptances until now. So another spot should be freed up!

Was also recently accepted to regular MD. Don't lose hope guys!

Was also recently accepted and wasn't expecting it. There is hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone hear any updates. I’ve almost forgotten about being on the WL so that’s nice

Will most likely be withdrawing my A this week. Hope it goes to one of you!

I was also accepted last week after being waitlisted in March!

Does anyone have any more information than I do right now? In denial about my chances being about 0%

Just got the call this morning! Accepted to the PURCH program! Don’t lose hope everyone, movement is still happening!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hi everyone.
Sorry for the necro bump, but I am MEGA curious.
Im applied to UMASS this cycle. I was super lucky to have received an II in Dec and have interviewed in Jan.
I got the UC email like 2.5 weeks after my interview.
My question is, it seems like most IS folks, post interview, get either WL's or accepted. But, after a UC email, does anybody get rejected? It seems like the R comes straightaway, with no UC email.
I already got WL'd at another school so I'm a little touchy rn.

Thanks in advance