2018-2019 University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally got the R (SNAIL MAIL) from my alma mater yesterday. Meliora and all that, lol. Guess there wont be more garbage plates and Genny beer for the next four years

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received Financial Aid this morning for those wondering!

When did u apply for financial aid and do you know if they offer any merit scholarships?
I was accepted back in October, so I applied quite a while ago. If they do offer merit scholarships, I don't think they're very numerous.

Hi all -- asking for a friend haha, has anyone gotten accepted recently? Would love to hear when you got accepted and when you interviewed!

And generally, has anyone noticed a trend of what days decisions usually come out?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all -- asking for a friend haha, has anyone gotten accepted recently? Would love to hear when you got accepted and when you interviewed!

And generally, has anyone noticed a trend of what days decisions usually come out?

I tried to check this recently but the days were all over the place. At least from what I looked at.

I tried to check this recently but the days were all over the place. At least from what I looked at.
Thanks -- ok, good to know.

Anyone get an acceptance today? Seems like a pretty quiet thread...

(Stay strong y'all :xf:)

How is the wait list movement here ?

Has anyone called to see if Rochester forgot about the rest of us?

Getting worried here...

Members don't see this ad :)
+1, Has anyone hear anything recently? I figured those who interviewed in February would be hearing back soon..
Haven't heard yet either way - early feb interview

Interviewed February, still havent heard back.

Solamente waitlist. Later interviews= waitlist here?

Waitlisted but decided to withdrawal. Interviewed in Feb. Good luck everyone!

Anyone else get an e-mail for the MS in Medical Humanities program? Mine seems personalized, but not sure what to think. Gonna look into it if I don't get in this cycle

Anyone else get an e-mail for the MS in Medical Humanities program? Mine seems personalized, but not sure what to think. Gonna look into it if I don't get in this cycle

I got it too. I'm admitted elsewhere so not looking for gap year opportunities, but the amount of flattery was a bit weird to me. It also doesn't fit super well with my app so I'm not sure how selective the email was.

were you waitlisted?? I didn't receive this email. What does it say?

I got it too. I'm admitted elsewhere so not looking for gap year opportunities, but the amount of flattery was a bit weird to me. It also doesn't fit super well with my app so I'm not sure how selective the email was.

Both my friend and I received the email this morning. It's annoying and disingenuous that they name dropped the Dean of Admissions to imply that he personally selected certain applications when it is almost certainly a mass email to all rejected applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
Both my friend and I received the email this morning. It's annoying and disingenuous that they name dropped the Dean of Admissions to imply that he personally selected certain applications when it is almost certainly a mass email to all rejected applicants.

Thanks everyone for replying. Glad we have the internet to check things like this

were you waitlisted?? I didn't receive this email. What does it say?

I was rejected last month. The e-mail says something along the lines of: "The dean has personally asked me to reach out to you because we saw promise in your application..."

After much consideration, I will be withdrawing my acceptance tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

How do you withdraw from here? I didn't see anything on the portal.

withdrawing my acceptance here

Overall pretty unimpressed with the group rejection mistake at the beginning of the cycle, late financial aid packet, overall wait time after interviews.
The medical humanities email some of you received seem disingenuous. Too many warning signs –

Best of luck to everyone- heading out west!

Anyone willing to comment on aid package? Good or bad? Are you happy with it? Need-based aid?

I received a "waitlisted" email on 4/3/19. Decided to withdrawal. Good luck to you all!

Any waitlist movement ?

I personally know someone who was accepted off the waitlist on April 30th. Also I know this isn't the most accurate measure, but in the past week 2 new people joined the FB group and ~10 people left. Of the 183 in the group I count ~50 who seem to be current students/admins, so there's still ~130 accepted students in the group for a class of 104.

I personally know someone who was accepted off the waitlist on April 30th. Also I know this isn't the most accurate measure, but in the past week 2 new people joined the FB group and ~10 people left. Of the 183 in the group I count ~50 who seem to be current students/admins, so there's still ~130 accepted students in the group for a class of 104.

Wouldn't dental students join the group as well?

I was told the dental program only accepts dental residents these days. Apparently they haven't accepted dental students in years.

Lol might as well remove the dentistry from their name. False advertisement.

• Haha
All quiet on the upstate front...

Did anyone receive the HPWL email?

I think its a wash at this point. They have had waitlists movement on the facebook page. I would say pack in it boys.

Several current students have joined recently to offer housing, etc. I wouldn't give up yet :)

My friend got off the waitlist 2 days ago, so there is definitely still some movement