2018-2019 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you mind sharing how interviewing there was for you and any tips/advice on how to prepare?

I too would love to hear this!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is the oos tuition affecting anyone's decision in going to this school? It's pretty high

Reactions: 1 users
For those that have been admitted, have they started assigning scholarships??? It’s getting late in the cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's some info they told me. They said it will still be a few more weeks (on Jan 16th) for a USF ID after which they can start assigning scholarships. Additionally, financial aid packages will be rolled out by the FA office in April.

Anyone who interviewed on or around Jan 15 hear anything yet? it's been 4 weeks today

Has anyone gotten a phone call yet for either accepted or rejected?

Is USF still sending out interviews? Anyone send in a pre-II update?

Members don't see this ad :)
S/o USF for giving me the only valentine wish I'll get all day

Reactions: 2 users
Just a clarification, the valentines wish was just an email for valentines day. Not an acceptance offer, no scholarships. Sorry for any heart attacks haha

II!!!!!! For Core. IS.

Is it true we are interviewing for the waitlist?

Reactions: 2 users
When did you interview?

1/15/19 for Select. Staff at interview and the medical students were very nice but I got a weird vibe from the select program and I don't think I did well in the interview. Talked to my interviewer about continuing clinical research and finding research mentors and she mentioned that it was more of a "core thing". Also, Lehigh Valley does not have a few residency programs in specialties that I am very interested in. :shrug:

Last edited:
1/15/19 for Select. Staff at interview and the medical students were very nice but I got a weird vibe from the select program and I don't think I did well in the interview. Talked to my interviewer about continuing clinical research and finding research mentors and she mentioned that it was more of a "core thing". Also, Lehigh Valley does not have a few residency programs in specialties that I am very interested in. :shrug:

Do you mind explaining a bit more about the “weird vibe” you got from the select program?

Also, I’m sure you did much better in the interview than you think! Ive noticed that those who feel they aced the interview don’t typically get accepted whereas those who feel less confident appear more genuine to the Interviewer and are more often offered a spot.

How was the interview day for you if you don’t mind me asking? I’m currently preparing myself.

Do you mind explaining a bit more about the “weird vibe” you got from the select program?

Also, I’m sure you did much better in the interview than you think! Ive noticed that those who feel they aced the interview don’t typically get accepted whereas those who feel less confident appear more genuine to the Interviewer and are more often offered a spot.

How was the interview day for you if you don’t mind me asking? I’m currently preparing myself.
Not to sound unappreciative but although it’s an amazing institution and I would love to attend there, the interview day was extremely long and drawn out, and became less engaging with the handful of long and endless one-sided talks that were really just information overloads. Couldn’t even retain half of it as fascinated as I was by the school.
But there’s no curve balls really, just carry yourself with confidence and appear interested and you’ll be great. I also think asking questions throughout the day is pretty underrated too, because I’m pretty sure we’re evaluated from the moment they see us, regardless of how many of us are there. Not just by the interviewers.
Good luck!

I got an email reminding me of my interview date that said to arrive thirty minutes early just to park and mingle with faculty / other applicants but no mention of a dinner the night before with current students.

Do they not have this for all interview dates?

I got an email reminding me of my interview date that said to arrive thirty minutes early just to park and mingle with faculty / other applicants but no mention of a dinner the night before with current students.

Do they not have this for all interview dates?
The dinner is student facilitated. Personally, I received a separate email from a current student a couple days prior to my interview

The dinner is student facilitated. Personally, I received a separate email from a current student a couple days prior to my interview

Oh okay, good to know - Thanks!

I was planning to go but I would love to hear how worthwhile you thought it was if you don’t mind me asking?

Oh okay, good to know - Thanks!

I was planning to go but I would love to hear how worthwhile you thought it was if you don’t mind me asking?
I thought it was worthwhile! It was very casual with just a couple current students (mine was with M3s because I interviewed in Allentown), and it was nice to hear about their experiences with the school. I also enjoyed getting to meet some of the fellow interviewees, because it made it less daunting the next morning when I was trying to figure out where to go - it was a relief to see familiar faces!

Does anyone know if they are done with interviews??

Does anyone know if they are done with interviews??
I am interviewing for CORE on 2/26!

There were some interview slots open for late March when I selected my date, but uncertain if they have been filled

Last edited:
Interviewed January 22nd for CORE. Haven't heard anything yet but apparently got a letter in the mail from USF. Assuming that it's a waitlist letter but not too sure. They said that they would call if you were either accepted or rejected but would have to wait for a letter in the mail to tell you that you have been waitlisted.

Interviewed January 22nd for CORE. Haven't heard anything yet but apparently got a letter in the mail from USF. Assuming that it's a waitlist letter but not too sure. They said that they would call if you were either accepted or rejected but would have to wait for a letter in the mail to tell you that you have been waitlisted.
Just an fyi many of us were accepted by mail and never received a phone call

Reactions: 3 users

i got a large envelope with an acceptance folder inside, my sister got a waitlist letter in a regular sized envelope

Will start fall 2019. Where will be the best place to stay-choosing an apartment by current old campus or by downtown new campus as we're going to move to new campus in the spring of 2020? Thanks

Interviewed 1/15 and wait listed yesterday via letter

Question for current students: where will be the best place to stay for M1 & M2 in terms of closer to the school? I am an OOS and I would love to plan ahead. Many thanks

Question for current students: where will be the best place to stay for M1 & M2 in terms of closer to the school? I am an OOS and I would love to plan ahead. Many thanks

The channelside area is right next to the new building and has lots of new residential buildings (with more being built). However, this is a very expensive part of town so you might have to room with others if the rent is too high.

The channelside area is right next to the new building and has lots of new residential buildings (with more being built). However, this is a very expensive part of town so you might have to room with others if the rent is too high.
Is Channelside area near current campus or new med school campus?

Is Channelside area near current campus or new med school campus?
Channelside is right next to the new medical school building. Personally, I'm looking for places downtown in or around Channelside and keeping my fingers crossed that the switch to downtown happens when they say it will (late 2019). Would love to hear what others are planning on doing too.